Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Player ratings Brighton - Man City

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As is customary I can't be doing with the whole team, but would like to take a moment just to say:-

Moder - Oooooooomph.

As he got up to speed he looked a really class act.

He’s so composed and classy on the ball, another one who’s growing in value every game

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m trying to concentrate exactly on the performance rather than be influenced by the result because I believe we have played better and got draws, even the odd loss or two.

Sanchez: 8 - Some good saves but I’d like to have seen him do better against Foden’s shot. He also spilt the ball into a very dangerous area.

White: 6 - He should have been more alert (with Groß) with Citeh’s first goal and he should have taken the yellow with their second. Brilliant going forward and sound defending other than their double.

Webster: 7 - Really great goal and some lovely forward surges but provided very poor cover for White with their goal, Dunky would have blocked that with his second half of the season form. He then gave Citeh the ball at the end - this sort of mistake has resulted in a goal against us 99% of the time this season, he got lucky.

Burn: 8 - A poor 1st half where he was totally done by Mahrez for their 1st goal assist. He also gave the ball away a few times. Much much better when they were down to 10. His goal was all about determination, albeit he had the luck of the Wolves player who scored a winner after the ball sort of deflected perfectly to him. Amazing to see him score though.

Ali J: 5 - He looked determined and tackled well but was trying to hit Hollywood balls into the box which generally failed. Rightly pulled off early in the second half.

Groß: 7 - Was a bit of a square peg in a round hole at wingback, he just doesn’t defend well enough. His positioning for their 1st goal was awful, he lost his man. Then that awful scuffed shot with his left foot, right in front of goal. It’s a shame he can’t take a direct free-kick either. However, he redeemed himself with a stunning cross for Webster and generally very good corners.

Bissouma: 8 - Not his best match and not really an attacking threat but blocked off the centre of the park for Citeh and looked quicker, brighter and stronger than any of their central midfielders. Shooting was a horror show again.

Alzate: 7 - I thought he was fine but he won’t be Bissouma’s replacement; he is not nearly mobile or strong enough. Neat and tidy but didn’t really make a telling pass or critical tackle.

Moder: 8 - Looks after the ball very well and picked up some good positions. Not a wing back but effective tonight despite turning back towards our goal rather than attacking theirs on numerous occasions.

Mac Allister: 6 - Great ball to Welbeck, other than that, near and tidy but didn’t seem to threaten Citeh at all with probing passes or shots. I don’t think he has done enough to start against Arsenal.

Welbeck: 7 - Played well until he got injured. We might not see him again but I sure as hell hope we do. I think we was lucky to get the penalty, he jumped in the air for the ball and was always going down, Cancelo was a little unfortunate.

Subs:

Trossard: 9 - MoM. Gets the points from his dangerous wing play and incredible calmness in front of the goal. Why can’t you show that sort of composure every week Leandro? So frustrating.

Lallana: 8 - Game management and leadership was stunning when he came on. He made sure we finished with the points despite Webster doing his best to draw Citeh level.

Zeqiri: 7 - Loved his energy, attitude and running as centre forward. He do well to study Pat Bamford’s runs and movements as he seemed an offside disaster waiting to happen when we were in possession. I’d prefer than he stays and Connolly gets the Hibs loan though.

Potter: 8 - Disappointed he lost his cool but well done for pulling Ali off. The substitutions were all fantastic as was his sort of false wing back plan with Groß and Moder pushed so far up the pitch.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Rob Sanchez 8 Let himself down by picking up a booking for time wasting at the end, he should have sprinted 25 yards to get the ball back to take the goal kick as clealry the ref was going to back at least one Albion player for time wsating

Ben White 8 Maybe he was thinking back to Dunk's red card, but you are allowed to pull players back to stop them running 50 odd yards to score. But at least this probably put a few clubs off looking to sign him.
Adam Webster 8 Poor pass at the end, almost gifted City a third
Dan Burn 8 Showed why Potter has faith in his ability

Ali Jahanbakhsh 8 Showing that he deserves a longer run in the team
Gross 8 Great tackle on himself in the first half to stop himself scoring, but 8th assist of the season
Bissouma 10 Probably deserves more than 10, a stand out performance and showing why he needs to move onto a 'bigger' club
Alzate 9 Quality performance
Moder 10 Just behind Bissouma but a stand out perfermance.

Mac Allister 7 Slightly disappointing given the performance of others.

Welbeck 7 Knows how to get fouled

Trossard 9 Excellent from the bench
Lallana 8 Experience ensured we stayed in front
Zeqiri 7 Worked hard to close City defenders down, and one great lay off

Potter 9 - How many formations did we use during the game?

The Crowd - 83 brilliant, everyone at the game deserve ab additional 1000 loyalty points.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So... day after, some more "honest" comments on player performances:

Sanchez - ironically he did not have his best way on the job, leaving multiple rebounds he shouldnt have and Ben is going to pull his ear about it. Since it was a fine performance anyway this just highlights how great he has been this season. Hope he gets to go to the Euros with Spain.

The defenders were all very good. Difficult to do anything on those goals. Yes BDB "allowed" Mahrez to cross it but then again so does every other defender in the PL and City have scored like 50 goals like that. And yes, Ben White messed up a bit losing the ball for Fodens goal but its a class goal, pretty much unpreventable. Very solid performance from the back three.

Moder... while I dont agree with people calling him man of the match, he made a very good performance and its great to see how brave and skilled he is. I think his performances as LWB rules out any signings in that position. With March, Burn and Moder there's three good options. That said I expect him to play centrally for the most part next season.

Ali... it hurts a bit in my heart. He tried so hard. Too hard... and when he got subbed off you could see how he was extremely disappointed in himself, almost ashamed. He made one fantastic interception a few minutes after he should have been sent off and also made a decent pass into the penalty area, other than that it was a performance that unfortunately said it all.

Bissouma. Its not too late to change your POTS vote if you voted for someone else. A bunch of defensive players have all been fine throughout the season, but Bissouma is at a decent level. Nothing against Veltman but I could have sat with a Veltman voter for 95 minutes yesterday just repeating the phrase "see what I mean?". Yes I know he is no goal scorer but as a defensive midfielder its a very minor part of his role and shouldnt really be counted against him. A world class player who could be a starter for literally any team in the world - its been incredible to see and will be a difficult void to fill though I think the games against Leeds and Man City in January shows that Brighton are surprisingly ready for it.

Alzate. So tidy and neat. 32 passes, 31 accurate. His supposed "regression" is a myth, he just had some bad luck with Gross reaching a crazy high level this season. A star in the making - might take another season for him of learning and somewhat sporadic playing time, but eventually he'll be a very fine PL player.

Gross. Benched a lot last season when Potter (and most of us) still thought he was a winger. In his new role where he is mainly a central midfielder who takes a side midfielder role when the team is on the opposing half, he is enjoying a new spring and I wouldnt surprised if its a bit bittersweet for him to realise his best role a bit late into his career. His hard work, flair and delivery is going to keep him competitive for another year or two. He might not play equally much next year but the talk of him being done is much premature.

Macallister. I've said it before and I'll say it again, his current AMC role is a bit of a yoof thing, sort of like when Xavi started out in the AMC role. He doesnt have it in him to wander around trying to find spaces, he wants to get involved and is very good defensively and is going to turn into a DMC / MC and a very good one at that. For good and bad I think he will never be that classical South American attacking midfielder - he is just not lazy enough.

Welbeck. Looking very threatening. I stick with the opinion that he was poor in most of his first ten appearances in October-December, but he has grown a lot since, and this is his best season in a lot of years. GP and DW himself has upgraded his software and he now understands that the spaces in 2020s football is not between the central defenders but between the central defenders and the fullbacks and if he remains healthy for most of next season, I could see him breaking his best PL goal tally (9).

Trossard. No attacking player in the team got the skill on the ball he has and every fifth game he is the best attacking player in the team by a mile. I hope he can turn more consistent.

Lallana. What a player this is. With and without the ball, his creativity, his leadership. If I was Gareth Southgate I would not hesitate for a minute, he is one of the four best English central midfielders.

Zeqiri. Love his work effort and the physique he brings. He gots parts of his game (like first touch and general ball reception) that needs to improve as its not up to Premier League standards and before that I cant really see him challenge Welbeck and Maupay. Going from the Swiss second division to playing 400+ minutes (FA Cup and PL) in his first season while generally putting in decent performances is highly impressive however and he is only going to get better.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Alzate and White were the stand outs for me. Didn’t see the Moder motm performance like others - my bad. AJ looked good for first half an hour then plummeted from just before half time. A recharged Trossard is a fine thing.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Alzate and White were the stand outs for me. Didn’t see the Moder motm performance like others - my bad. AJ looked good for first half an hour then plummeted from just before half time. A recharged Trossard is a fine thing.

Trossard gets ' up ' for the big teams. Early in the season he ran Utd ragged and last night was the same. Got a feeling that he needs the challenge of being rotated. He puts in too many lethargic performances when he is starting all the time. I think Potter is starting to work him out. He has match winning potential, just needs a bit more consistency. He has frustrated me more than any other player this season because we all know what he is capable of. Next season, I want to see 8 goals from him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thought AJ was a good level below everyone else. As well as he played Saturday, he was disappointing yesterday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I’m trying to concentrate exactly on the performance rather than be influenced by the result because I believe we have played better and got draws, even the odd loss or two.

Sanchez: 8 - Some good saves but I’d like to have seen him do better against Foden’s shot. He also spilt the ball into a very dangerous area.

White: 6 - He should have been more alert (with Groß) with Citeh’s first goal and he should have taken the yellow with their second. Brilliant going forward and sound defending other than their double.

Webster: 7 - Really great goal and some lovely forward surges but provided very poor cover for White with their goal, Dunky would have blocked that with his second half of the season form. He then gave Citeh the ball at the end - this sort of mistake has resulted in a goal against us 99% of the time this season, he got lucky.

Burn: 8 - A poor 1st half where he was totally done by Mahrez for their 1st goal assist. He also gave the ball away a few times. Much much better when they were down to 10. His goal was all about determination, albeit he had the luck of the Wolves player who scored a winner after the ball sort of deflected perfectly to him. Amazing to see him score though.

Ali J: 5 - He looked determined and tackled well but was trying to hit Hollywood balls into the box which generally failed. Rightly pulled off early in the second half.

Groß: 7 - Was a bit of a square peg in a round hole at wingback, he just doesn’t defend well enough. His positioning for their 1st goal was awful, he lost his man. Then that awful scuffed shot with his left foot, right in front of goal. It’s a shame he can’t take a direct free-kick either. However, he redeemed himself with a stunning cross for Webster and generally very good corners.

Bissouma: 8 - Not his best match and not really an attacking threat but blocked off the centre of the park for Citeh and looked quicker, brighter and stronger than any of their central midfielders. Shooting was a horror show again.

Alzate: 7 - I thought he was fine but he won’t be Bissouma’s replacement; he is not nearly mobile or strong enough. Neat and tidy but didn’t really make a telling pass or critical tackle.

Moder: 8 - Looks after the ball very well and picked up some good positions. Not a wing back but effective tonight despite turning back towards our goal rather than attacking theirs on numerous occasions.

Mac Allister: 6 - Great ball to Welbeck, other than that, near and tidy but didn’t seem to threaten Citeh at all with probing passes or shots. I don’t think he has done enough to start against Arsenal.

Welbeck: 7 - Played well until he got injured. We might not see him again but I sure as hell hope we do. I think we was lucky to get the penalty, he jumped in the air for the ball and was always going down, Cancelo was a little unfortunate.

Subs:

Trossard: 9 - MoM. Gets the points from his dangerous wing play and incredible calmness in front of the goal. Why can’t you show that sort of composure every week Leandro? So frustrating.

Lallana: 8 - Game management and leadership was stunning when he came on. He made sure we finished with the points despite Webster doing his best to draw Citeh level.

Zeqiri: 7 - Loved his energy, attitude and running as centre forward. He do well to study Pat Bamford’s runs and movements as he seemed an offside disaster waiting to happen when we were in possession. I’d prefer than he stays and Connolly gets the Hibs loan though.

Potter: 8 - Disappointed he lost his cool but well done for pulling Ali off. The substitutions were all fantastic as was his sort of false wing back plan with Groß and Moder pushed so far up the pitch.

Tend to agree with a lot of that.
In the aftermath of a famous win, it is easy to gloss over a lot that happened last night. White and Webster are still vulnerable without the presence of Dunk. Our passing in general was poor last night, particularly in the first half. Sanchez had shaky moments all night. BDB gave Mahrez the freedom of the park to pick out his man and our marking was poor for the first goal. Ali J worked hard but his final ball was woeful ( the PL demands more than just hard running ) On the evidence of last night, Moder is the only player with the strength to replace Bissouma. Mac needs to sharpen up his reactions ( too slow trying to get shots away ) and Alzate is a decent support player but no more. Trossard loves playing the big teams and GP needs to keep him fresh and motivated by rotating him more. Game changer on his day. Lallana and Welbeck are vital next season. Pure class. Really thought Gross was having one of those nights and then that cross to Webster. So, one more season please Pascal. Quite like the look of Zeqiri but need to see him on the end of some chances. If only Biss could shoot he would be worth £70m.
It was meant to be last night. The best time to play them and we got a massive break ten minutes in. Not only did they lose Cancelo, they lost the on-fire Torres as well. The fans deserve special praise. They sensed we could get something out of the game and drove us on in the second half. Shows what we have all been missing. Point at Arsenal and its a new PL record.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I thought White did a great job for us last night and Alzate had his best game. Agree on Moder, not his position and not MotM.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sanchez 6
Ali J 5
Moder 8
Webster 7
White 8
Burn 9.5 MOTM
Bissouma 9
Gross 7.5
MacAllister 8
Alzate 8
Welbeck 7

Lallana 9
Trossard 8.5
Zeqiri 7

Not far off.

I'd give Big Bob a 7 or 8, don't think he was below par and Moder a 9. And BDB a 10. I mean, your first goal and it's the winner against City from two down? 10, TEN.

Spot on with the relevant marks for Ali and Lallana. Without that change we'd not have won.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Of course sending off helped even just because they took Jesus off. However to dominate City like that was outstanding and one of most exciting games at Amex

Sanchez 7 Just looks so much more commanding than Ryan
White 7 Looked very good once we were on top. Joined a lot of players who were stuffed by Foden
Webster 8 Marked up for goal Very good for 90% but silly mistakes that could have been costly were back to his game
Burn 8 So pleased for him. Great example to some lesser players of how to get 100% out of more limited ability. However I stick with fact he is very poor defending out wide
Gross 7 Never reaches highs or lows just does a dam good job even when out of position
Bissouma 9 Apart from a couple of poor passes and shooting was outstanding.
Alzate 7 Much better than last game but to go forward needs to be more than neat and tidy. Should study video of how much more positive Lalanas contribution was when he replaced him.
Moder 7 Another out of position but did well
Alli 5 Reluctant after a great win to mark below average but nothing came off for him. Pity after several good games
Macallister 7 Similar to Alzate
Welbeck 7 Did ok
Trossard 9 Think it is good we have a forward whos game is based on skill not just effort. Of course wont come off all the time but always player to make something happen
Zeqiri Good to see him have minutes in central position. Much better option than Connelly

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not far off.

I'd give Big Bob a 7 or 8, don't think he was below par and Moder a 9. And BDB a 10. I mean, your first goal and it's the winner against City from two down? 10, TEN.

Spot on with the relevant marks for Ali and Lallana. Without that change we'd not have won.

Sanchez absolutely was below (his) par. Very much so. Way less calm than usual, and his handling was ragged. It was his first PL game in front of a crowd - possibly a factor.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The fans deserve special praise. They sensed we could get something out of the game and drove us on in the second half. Shows what we have all been missing. Point at Arsenal and its a new PL record.

That’s the bit I missed, and arguably as important as the performance of the players!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sanchez absolutely was below (his) par. Very much so. Way less calm than usual, and his handling was ragged. It was his first PL game in front of a crowd - possibly a factor.

Fair enough, I know you're a keeper so you'll know better than me. I know he spilled a couple but I was remembering (maybe wrongly) those as fouls or defenders getting in his way. Happy to be corrected though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So... day after, some more "honest" comments on player performances:

Sanchez - ironically he did not have his best way on the job, leaving multiple rebounds he shouldnt have and Ben is going to pull his ear about it. Since it was a fine performance anyway this just highlights how great he has been this season. Hope he gets to go to the Euros with Spain.

The defenders were all very good. Difficult to do anything on those goals. Yes BDB "allowed" Mahrez to cross it but then again so does every other defender in the PL and City have scored like 50 goals like that. And yes, Ben White messed up a bit losing the ball for Fodens goal but its a class goal, pretty much unpreventable. Very solid performance from the back three.

Moder... while I dont agree with people calling him man of the match, he made a very good performance and its great to see how brave and skilled he is. I think his performances as LWB rules out any signings in that position. With March, Burn and Moder there's three good options. That said I expect him to play centrally for the most part next season.

Ali... it hurts a bit in my heart. He tried so hard. Too hard... and when he got subbed off you could see how he was extremely disappointed in himself, almost ashamed. He made one fantastic interception a few minutes after he should have been sent off and also made a decent pass into the penalty area, other than that it was a performance that unfortunately said it all.

Bissouma. Its not too late to change your POTS vote if you voted for someone else. A bunch of defensive players have all been fine throughout the season, but Bissouma is at a decent level. Nothing against Veltman but I could have sat with a Veltman voter for 95 minutes yesterday just repeating the phrase "see what I mean?". Yes I know he is no goal scorer but as a defensive midfielder its a very minor part of his role and shouldnt really be counted against him. A world class player who could be a starter for literally any team in the world - its been incredible to see and will be a difficult void to fill though I think the games against Leeds and Man City in January shows that Brighton are surprisingly ready for it.

Alzate. So tidy and neat. 32 passes, 31 accurate. His supposed "regression" is a myth, he just had some bad luck with Gross reaching a crazy high level this season. A star in the making - might take another season for him of learning and somewhat sporadic playing time, but eventually he'll be a very fine PL player.

Gross. Benched a lot last season when Potter (and most of us) still thought he was a winger. In his new role where he is mainly a central midfielder who takes a side midfielder role when the team is on the opposing half, he is enjoying a new spring and I wouldnt surprised if its a bit bittersweet for him to realise his best role a bit late into his career. His hard work, flair and delivery is going to keep him competitive for another year or two. He might not play equally much next year but the talk of him being done is much premature.

Macallister. I've said it before and I'll say it again, his current AMC role is a bit of a yoof thing, sort of like when Xavi started out in the AMC role. He doesnt have it in him to wander around trying to find spaces, he wants to get involved and is very good defensively and is going to turn into a DMC / MC and a very good one at that. For good and bad I think he will never be that classical South American attacking midfielder - he is just not lazy enough.

Welbeck. Looking very threatening. I stick with the opinion that he was poor in most of his first ten appearances in October-December, but he has grown a lot since, and this is his best season in a lot of years. GP and DW himself has upgraded his software and he now understands that the spaces in 2020s football is not between the central defenders but between the central defenders and the fullbacks and if he remains healthy for most of next season, I could see him breaking his best PL goal tally (9).

Trossard. No attacking player in the team got the skill on the ball he has and every fifth game he is the best attacking player in the team by a mile. I hope he can turn more consistent.

Lallana. What a player this is. With and without the ball, his creativity, his leadership. If I was Gareth Southgate I would not hesitate for a minute, he is one of the four best English central midfielders.

Zeqiri. Love his work effort and the physique he brings. He gots parts of his game (like first touch and general ball reception) that needs to improve as its not up to Premier League standards and before that I cant really see him challenge Welbeck and Maupay. Going from the Swiss second division to playing 400+ minutes (FA Cup and PL) in his first season while generally putting in decent performances is highly impressive however and he is only going to get better.

Excellent summation, and agree with almost all of it. Your view of Alzate very much matches my own - very gifted player with huge potential.

The single thing I disagree with, is IMO you’ve been very generous to White, regards the Foden goal. He has a chance to collect the ball, and having missed that, simply HAS to take the yellow on the halfway line. Very poor decision and will be told so in the analysis / debrief.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 6
Ali J 6
Moder 8
Webster 7.5
White 8
Burn 9 MoM
Bissouma 8
Gross 8
MacAllister 8
Alzate 8
Welbeck 7

Lallana 8.5
Trossard 9
Zeqiri 7.5

Potter 10

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Rob Sanchez 8 - Not much could have done with the goals, made a really big save at 3-2 overall solid game.

Ben White 8 - Beaten pretty comfortably by Foden for City's second, but other than that near perfect game, absolutely bullied the city forwards at times.
Adam Webster 8 - Great header, majority of the match he was perfect nearly cost us the 3 points towards the end though, really happy with how he's been post injury, we're lucky to have him.
Dan Burn 10 - Can't fault him offensively or defensively between him and trossard for MOTM for me with Moder not far behind.

Ali J 7 - Really rate him and glad he's getting more opportunities decision making was on point. Only played 49 minutes so hard to give him more than a 7.
Gross 9 - we're so lucky to have him, all over the pitch he had a very good game.
Bissouma 8 - Another solid game from Biss a fair few wayward passes though which against 11 would have probably put us in more danger.
Alzate 8 - Really helped us control the game in possesion, made some very creative passes overall solid game.
Moder 9 - Just always feel comfortable when he has the ball, don't think city knew how to deal with him.

Macallister 8 - Brilliant young player, grabbed control of the midfield and pushed us forward nicely, can't wait for him to keep progressing.

Welbeck 7 - Only played half hour but probably produced the biggest moment of the game getting them a man down, hope the injury isn't too bad.

Trossard 10 - The goal was elite. His stregnth just keeps improving, by far our most attacking threat, thought he was excellent for the hour + he played.
Lallana 7 - Overall very good game but made a few risky challenges we were lucky to get away with, have to say though he's clearly a leader and is a big reason why we won.
Zeqiri 7- Came on caused a nuisance and helped push them back, really hope chances start falling to him.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Rob Sanchez 8 - Not much could have done with the goals, made a really big save at 3-2 overall solid game.

Ben White 8 - Beaten pretty comfortably by Foden for City's second, but other than that near perfect game, absolutely bullied the city forwards at times.
Adam Webster 8 - Great header, majority of the match he was perfect nearly cost us the 3 points towards the end though, really happy with how he's been post injury, we're lucky to have him.
Dan Burn 10 - Can't fault him offensively or defensively between him and trossard for MOTM for me with Moder not far behind.

Ali J 7 - Really rate him and glad he's getting more opportunities decision making was on point. Only played 49 minutes so hard to give him more than a 7.
Gross 9 - we're so lucky to have him, all over the pitch he had a very good game.
Bissouma 8 - Another solid game from Biss a fair few wayward passes though which against 11 would have probably put us in more danger.
Alzate 8 - Really helped us control the game in possesion, made some very creative passes overall solid game.
Moder 9 - Just always feel comfortable when he has the ball, don't think city knew how to deal with him.

Macallister 8 - Brilliant young player, grabbed control of the midfield and pushed us forward nicely, can't wait for him to keep progressing.

Welbeck 7 - Only played half hour but probably produced the biggest moment of the game getting them a man down, hope the injury isn't too bad.

Trossard 10 - The goal was elite. His stregnth just keeps improving, by far our most attacking threat, thought he was excellent for the hour + he played.
Lallana 7 - Overall very good game but made a few risky challenges we were lucky to get away with, have to say though he's clearly a leader and is a big reason why we won.
Zeqiri 7- Came on caused a nuisance and helped push them back, really hope chances start falling to him.

Positive and suitably generous comments, I thought. Very pleased for BDB who showed terrific character throughout - but he didn't do much to stop that cross for the first goal (so not a 10). And as for Ali J, there's a reason he was only on the pitch for 49 mins!

PS As for Moder, there's something of the Paul Merson about him - a right-footer playing wide left but still getting past defenders.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Positive and suitably generous comments, I thought. Very pleased for BDB who showed terrific character throughout - but he didn't do much to stop that cross for the first goal (so not a 10). And as for Ali J, there's a reason he was only on the pitch for 49 mins!

PS As for Moder, there's something of the Paul Merson about him - a right-footer playing wide left but still getting past defenders.

I completely forgot about the cross on the first goal, got abit brainwashed by the good things he did. I really didn't think Ali played badly was more of a tactical thing, and he was brilliant in the draw with west ham. Moder is a brilliant allround player genuinely think he could play anywhere on the pitch within reason and put in a solid shift.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I completely forgot about the cross on the first goal, got abit brainwashed by the good things he did. I really didn't think Ali played badly was more of a tactical thing, and he was brilliant in the draw with west ham. Moder is a brilliant allround player genuinely think he could play anywhere on the pitch within reason and put in a solid shift.

Dont you worry about the cross - if we're gonna lower the ratings of defenders anytime opponents cross the ball, they would rarely get more than 3/10.

On the topic of Ali I disagree with you. I thought he was poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here