[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Chelsea

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ryan - 7 - solid and great with his feet again;

Montoya - 6 - ok;
Webster - 7 - good game;
Dunk - 6 - Thought it was his poorest game for a long time, Abraham really tested him today - marked up for the excellent assist;
Burn - 5 - was struggling before the unfortunate injury;

Propper - 5 - I’m one of his biggest fans but he was undeniably poor today;
Bissouma - 6 - ok, possibly unlucky to go off instead of Propper;
Mooy - 6 - wasn’t given any time on the ball today at all;
Alzate - 7 - classy player;

Trossard - 6 - such a talented player but sometimes complicates things too much. Could do with learning from Mooy about decision making and when to play the percentage ball;
Maupay - 7 - my favourite player. Runs and runs, a total nuisance for defenders and unlucky not to score at the end;

Bernardo - 7 - did very well;
Connolly - 7 - like Maupay, a real nuisance and unlucky not to score;
Ali J - 8 - two moments of real quality could have won us the game. Best shinner you’ll see all season! [emoji6]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

I thought we were mediocre at best.

IMO the person who deserves the praise is Potter. Great substitutions and tactical switches, which improved us.

I know [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] doesn’t like manager ratings, but this is another reason they are relevant.

Ryan 6
Montoya 6 - terrible first half
Burn 5 - no support and suffered as a consequence
Dunk 7
Webster 7 slow start then improved
Alzate 5
Mooy 6
Propper 6 - quite poor at times, with flashes of brilliance
Bissouma 5
Trossard 5
Maupay 6 bad miss

Bernardo 8 - made a difference
AJ 8 - what.a.goal
Connolly 6 should have scored.

Potter 9 - great tactical switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Already great variance in the ratings for Propper.

I’d love to know what an independent pundit thought, who’d genuinely watched the entire match.

Can't give you that but here's ratings from the stats based sites:

Whoscored:

Ryan 6.50

Montoya 6.63
Webster 7.12
Dunk 7.21
Burn 6.06

Propper 6.14
Alzate 6.77
Bissouma 5.88
Mooy 7.08

Trossard 6.75
Maupay 6.18

Bernardo 7.02
Ali 7.67
Connolly 6.28

Sofascore:

Ryan 6.9

Burn 6.2
Dunk 7.2
Webster 7.7
Montoya 6.6

Bissouma 6.1
Propper 6.6
Alzate 6.5
Mooy 7.7

Trossard 6.7
Maupay 6.2

Bernardo 7.1
Ali J 8.2
Connolly 6.4

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't give you that but here's ratings from the stats based sites:

Whoscored:

Ryan 6.50

Montoya 6.63
Webster 7.12
Dunk 7.21
Burn 6.06

Propper 6.14
Alzate 6.77
Bissouma 5.88
Mooy 7.08

Trossard 6.75
Maupay 6.18

Bernardo 7.02
Ali 7.67
Connolly 6.28

Sofascore:

Ryan 6.9

Burn 6.2
Dunk 7.2
Webster 7.7
Montoya 6.6

Bissouma 6.1
Propper 6.6
Alzate 6.5
Mooy 7.7

Trossard 6.7
Maupay 6.2

Bernardo 7.1
Ali J 8.2
Connolly 6.4

Thanks. Independent perspective.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 7- Calm with the ball at his feet. Again, not loads to do which is a credit his his defence and some ropey Chelsea finishing

Montoya - 5 - Terrible first half, pretty good 2nd. Needs to find consistency soon to keep TB's pen away from that chequebook
Dunk - 7 - Tammy is an absolute handful to be fair. Dunky did ok
Webster - 5 - Doesn't have the out and out love of defending to answer the questions asked about him
Burn - 6 - Played whilst we were under the cosh and showed some brave passing.

Propper - 4 - Very poor first half, improved second. Not enough second balls won and woeful as ever in the final third
Mooy - 5 - Well done Frank for doing your homework. A game too far for Aaron
Bissouma - 5 - Offers creativity, but high class opponents today. Should retain his place
Alzate - 7 - Fell over twice whilst on the ball, apart from that, brave, quick of thought and knocked it around nicely

Trossard - 5 - Offers little defensively, but worth persevering with for the occasional moment of magic he will provide
Maupay - 8- MOM. His running is pinning defences back and helping the whole team get forward. A constant menace again.

Bernardo - 7- Nice to have a LB playing LB and he did well with a tough assignment. BDB has been great, but Bernardo won't weaken us.
Connolly - 7 - Good cameo. Found it hard to outpace the quick Chelsea CB's but looked sharp, direct and must have been in disbelief that Kepa saved that.
Ali J - 8 - Terrific again. A player reborn. A starter for me now.

Potter - 8- Getting it wrong from the start is completely forgivable if you notice and can turn it around. Good day for him

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very enjoyable second half, did well to come back and could’ve nicked it. A point is probably a fair outcome and would’ve happily grabbed that before the game. The fact we’re mixing it with Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc not looking out of place or overawed and sticking to Potterball (the Maupay chance near the end started with a Ryan pass) is fantastic. V confident about the rest of the season.

Ryan - 7
Montoya - 7, some great interplay and forward runs
Webster - 7.5, good performance today
Dunk - 6 - not at all at his best (Abraham was good) and at fault for their goal (along with Bissouma)
Burn - 6.5 - steady enough, get well soon fella
Alzate - 7.5 - improved as the game went on
Bissouma - 6 - didn’t really get into the game at all
Pröpper - 7 - lots of good stuff but a few missed passes again. Seems to be turning and driving forward a lot more
Trossard - 7 - poor first half but grew into the game and became more influential
Maupay - 8.5 - performance deserved a goal. Easily my MOTM until Ali J intervened. Works so hard....just needs to sharpen his finishing
Mooy - 6.5 - muscled/marked out of it today, may have also been tired.

Connolly - 7 - unlucky not to score
Bernardo - 7.5 - impressive, solid defensively and good going forward
Ali J - 9 - outstanding goal, fantastic cross that Maupay almost converted. So pleased for him.

Potter - 9 - got the starting formation wrong, but changed it quickly, and right subs at the right time (quite bold).

Crowd - 7 - v poor first half, but there wasn’t much to trigger anything coming from the team. Much better second half.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not quite a game of two halves but a game of the first 30 minutes and the final hour. Everyone was poor in the first 30. Whether that was down to formation/tactics or just tiredness I don't know but we were very flat in that opening half hour.

Ryan: 7. didn't have too much to do but was really good with the ball at his feet.

Montoya 6: did ok. didn't think he was as bad as some are making out.
Dunk 7 Not his best game but decent enough
Webster 7.5 Much better than against Sheff Utd.
Burn 5 Really unfortunate injury.
Alzate 6.5 Can play a variety of positions but it increasingly looks like centre mid is his best. Was virtually non existant in the first half, very good in the second playin alongside Propper in the centre.
Mooy 6 Worked hard but struggled to have much influence. Not really his fault.
Propper 6.5 Ineffective first half, good second.
Bisouma 5 Poor. Was hoping for a good performance form him but it seems he's still a player to start against the weaker teams and bench against the better ones. That said none of the midfield players shone in the first half so maybe he was unlucky with the tactics/formation.
Trossard 6 Got better as the game wore on. Some fantastic flashes of skill.
Maupay 7 Worked hard. Thankless task up against Rudiger and Zouma by himself in the first half. Much more dangerous when he had Connolly up with him. Good movement.

Bernardo 7 A decent game. We looked more balanced with him at left back than with Burn. It's terribly harsh on Burn but his injury should see Bernardo cement his place in the team.
Connolly 7 Great energy and persistance, put Chelsea's defence under constant pressure and was even winning the ball in the air.
Ali J 8 Wonder goal, created both the other good scoring chances in the second half. Couldn't do much more could he?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ryan 6
Montoya 6 - Decent second half
Webster 7 - Did well throughout
Dunk 7 - Lost out to TA a couple of times but still good
Mooy 6 - Looked tired, but still decent
Bissouma 4 - Gave it away way too much
Propper 5 - As above but with the odd good moment
Alzate 6 - Needs to release it quicker at times, still learning
Trossard 7 - Drifts in and out of games but still so dangerous
Maupay 8(MotM) - Brilliant

Bernardo 7
Connolly 7
Jahanbakhsh 8 - Wow

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The people who don't rate Webbo, really don't like him, do they, so it is interesting to see the independent marks.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Pröpper - 4 ...

Considering 6 is the average, 4 means that's he was absolutely woeful when he just wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Ryan. 7 Great footwork that compliments the way Potter wants to play
Montoya 6 poor first half better second
Webster 7 Solid
Dunk 8 Good distribution going forward. Kept Abraham quiet for most of the game
Burn 5 left a lot of space down his side.
Mooy 5 looked tired
Propper 7 gave the ball away early on but settled into the game and linked up well with Alzate
Alzate 7 Gives pace in what is normally a slow midfield
Trossard 7. Anonymous in the first half. Different player in the second.
Bissouma 5 Did not think he was as bad a some people thought, but we were definitely better second half
Maupay 7 A real shift and deserved a goal with his performance

Subs
Connelly 7 plays well with Maupay. Worries opposition centre backs all game.
Bernardo 8. Will eventually have that position nailed on.
Jahanbakhsh 9. What a goal and great assists that could have won the game. Play him in the cup game and he could score again.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Dunk (mom) and Propper were outstanding today.

Wow! Is my view from central west upper ruined by cloud cover at altitude? Would both score as 5 today at best. Dunk got out muscled by Abraham and went off on one dribble too many at one point. Propper still totally frustrates me. At times he can seem to have acres of space and turns nicely for a good pass. But equally sometimes he appears to totally switch off and is second to the ball with a real lack of concentration and commitment.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hi Teddy, yes I noted that!
He's still only 24..........he'll be fine!:thumbsup:

Yes I think you’re right, but I think he needs to get physically stronger in the summer, as he has pace, but until today, hadn’t been great in 1 on 1’s.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Bernardo 8 Was really impressive, tough in the tackle, strong in the air and can turn defence into attack in a heartbeat, can provide an outlet that Burn simply doesn’t have in his locker.

Maupay 8 I fûcking love this guy, very powerful, excellent at holding the ball up and works his arse off, seems to have a decent understanding with Connolly.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
6 - average

I thought we were mediocre at best.

IMO the person who deserves the praise is Potter. Great substitutions and tactical switches, which improved us.

I know [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] doesn’t like manager ratings, but this is another reason they are relevant.

Ryan 6
Montoya 6 - terrible first half
Burn 5 - no support and suffered as a consequence
Dunk 7
Webster 7 slow start then improved
Alzate 5
Mooy 6
Propper 6 - quite poor at times, with flashes of brilliance
Bissouma 5
Trossard 5
Maupay 6 bad miss

Bernardo 8 - made a difference
AJ 8 - what.a.goal
Connolly 6 should have scored.

Potter 9 - great tactical switch

This is how I saw it...

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Great last 15 mins made up for poor previous mins. Good job they didnt have there shooting boots on. Our performance against Bournmouth came from midfielders making themselves available to receive ball. This didnt happen today.. Our midfield poor today but credit must go to Chelsea for stopping this outlet. Thought there 2 central defenders were outstanding.and what a handful Abrahams is now. Improved so much since I last saw him.
Ryan 7 Despite Chelsea domination not much to do
Burn 5 Show again not a full back
Dunk 7 Marked up for coping with Abrahams Dont know if it was because our midfields didnt make themselves available but what is point in hitting long ball in air to our small forwards.
Webster 7 Credid must be given for keeping them at bay for 85mins
Montoya 7 Because of ability of Chelsea unable to get forward much.
Mooy 4 After 2 outstanding games below average today.
Propper 5 Average To many mistakes
Alzate 6 Comfortable on ball and gets in scoring position, Must start putting some away.
Bissouma 5 Muscled out of it. He will now know you dont get much time on ball against top sides
Trossard 6 Not great but always likely to do something special
Maupay 7 Got himself in some good positions but up against 2 very good defenders
Bernardo 7 Did well
Connelly 4 On basis never give points for effort thought it men against boy against those defenders. Has to make more of his game then looking for through balls. I know he wants to score but must realise that goals are hard to come by and assists are just as important. Not for first time had a speculative when Maupay was free and in much better position
AL 7 Cant make MOM as on for short time but what a goal

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good to see Maupay getting high marks and MOTM votes. I thought he was exceptional this afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here