Veltman - 7
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Burn - 5
Alzate - 5
Propper - 6 - better second half.
Bissouma - 7
MacAllister - 6
Zeqiri - 4 - works hard, but needs to develop.
Tau - 5

Trossard - 5
March - 6
Maupay - 5
Gross - n/a

Ref - 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Jahanbaksh isn't the answer to all our problems and has flaws for sure but he is capable of contributing SOMETHING at premier league level and yet Zequiri & Tau are being played ahead of him? Very obvious that neither is even close to the required standard. At least they were both cheap.

Absolutely this. Zequiri is not good enough to play in the Championship, let alone the Premier League.

Ali J is injured and out for a few weeks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
6 - average

Walton - 6
Veltman - 7
Dunk - 6
Webster - 7
Burn - 5
Alzate - 5
Propper - 6 - better second half.
Bissouma - 7
MacAllister - 6
Zeqiri - 4 - works hard, but needs to develop.
Tau - 5

Trossard - 5
March - 6
Maupay - 5
Gross - n/a

Ref - 5

Agree except for Burn who’d get a 4

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Walton 5 not a lot to do
Veltman 6 Steady
Dunk 6 One attacking header
Webster 6 Calm
Burn 5 Looked to have found his level
Propper 6 getting back towards his best
Bissouma 8 Best player on the pitch
Tau 10,000,000,000,000 Star man, so much talent and too good for this team (This account has been hacked by South Africa) 5 still adapting
Mac Allister 6 Needs more playing time
Alzate 5 Didn't realise he was playing under he scored
Zequiri 5 Looks like he needs a loan

Subs
Maupay 5 If only he could score
Trossard 5
March 6 Impact Sub
Gross 5

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You must have watched it on a different channel to me. Veltman was silky and smooth, he looked class. MacAllister looked assured and Biss took his goal well. There were some averagely crap performances, notably Tau could not get into it, Zeqiri needs a goal and when trossard came on he went from fantastic to Belgian league back to fantastic and then pub league...such a frustrating player.
Loads of shots on goal, but less than a fifth on target. That's where it has got to improve

But we have been saying this for a very long time and it doesn't improve. So, one is left with the inescapable conclusion that the majority of these players are not capable of improvement. From the back, through midfield and forward, there are culprits everywhere. There is not enough quality in the final third. Too many wasted opportunities, over and over again.
If the present regime cannot influence this, then we have to keep upgrading the squad, providing we stay in the division. We rarely score from distance. We rarely score from set pieces but are capable of creating opportunities from open play. We all know its our achilles heel and so do all our opponents.

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
Jahanbaksh isn't the answer to all our problems and has flaws for sure but he is capable of contributing SOMETHING at premier league level and yet Zequiri & Tau are being played ahead of him? Very obvious that neither is even close to the required standard. At least they were both cheap.

He’s out injured.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
Walton 5 - should save it in my opinion.
Veltman 8 - very good performance. Active in attack and solid rock in defense. Man of the match for me
Dunk 6 - a little bit nonchalant today but solid
Webster 7 - another good game. Could do better with Mac Allister corner
Burn 6 - electric in 1st half made few mistakes, at least one could cost us. Much better second half tho.
Propper 6 - same old Propper in 1st half (lost marking in goal for Blackpool). Good new Propper in 2nd half.
Bissouma 7 - absolute screamer and bossing the midfield again but today with few individual errors. Seems like preparing shoot position for him was the case in training. Was trying so many times today
Tau 5 - not a good game. Again huge problems with holding the ball. Also I thought he is ultra fast? Didn't see that today. Blackpool defenders were always on a level with him
Mac Allister 7 - very good corner kicks (2 clear chances in my opinion - Dunk, Webster). Not the best 1st half but outstanding 2nd till he was changed
Alzate 6 - ok performance, better 2nd half but I see less confidence and overall regress of his form comparing to begining of the season
Zequiri 6 - Like whole team. Bad 1st half and much, much better 2nd. Still a bit chaotic, but he is creating non stop pressure for defenders. He is a bit like unpolished diamond. Hopefully will keep this progress!

Subs
Maupay 5 - not his day. 82nd minute? That's a must score for Premier League forward. Also I have a feeling he is holding the ball too much. He is a type of Jamie Vardy forward, shouldn't play so deep
Trossard 7 - omg that was weird. Every time I was again swearing on him, he showed something to shut me up. He was literally everywhere and created lot of problems to Blackpool defenders, but also made loads of mistakes. Unfortunately today 3 bad actions for 1 good. In overall his presence was still very positive (comparing to Tau), that's why quite high note
March 6 - had some problems with Jordan Gabriel but as always relentless
Gross 7 - few key passes, chance for a goal. Just 15 minutes on the pitch and good impact. Pascal is in a good form. Unfortunately for him Mac Allister and Bissouma are in better.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Walton - 6 - one good save
Veltman - 8 -.MOTM. A totally accomplished display. Made everything look easy
Dunk - 6 - let Madine get ahead of him for the goal
Webster - 7 - comfortable afternoon
Burn - 5 -,wasteful, gave away silly fouls again
Alzate - 4 - looked miles off the pace
Propper - 6 - a take of two halves
Bissouma - 7 - wonder goal. Clearly on a goal scoring mission today
MacAllister - 6 - dreadful first half, much better before his substitution
Zeqiri - 5 - good attitude but looking a little out of his depth
Tau - 5 - not clicking yet. Seems to be on a different wavelength

Trossard - 6 - usual mixed bag
March - 6
Maupay - 6 - I won’t castigate him for the miss. Got it on target, but that lack of confidence showing
Gross - n/a

Potter - 7 - chose a strong side. Blackpool executed their game plan well but the team came out fired up in the second half and he made attacking substitutions to try and kill it off

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The industry standard rates players from 4 to 10. A mark of 4 indicates poor. 5 is below average and 6 is average. This has been used by the media for years.

I’d not seen or heard of that before, typical football.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Walton 5 - should save it in my opinion.
Veltman 8 - very good performance. Active in attack and solid rock in defense. Man of the match for me
Dunk 6 - a little bit nonchalant today but solid
Webster 7 - another good game. Could do better with Mac Allister corner
Burn 6 - electric in 1st half made few mistakes, at least one could cost us. Much better second half tho.
Propper 6 - same old Propper in 1st half (lost marking in goal for Blackpool). Good new Propper in 2nd half.
Bissouma 7 - absolute screamer and bossing the midfield again but today with few individual errors. Seems like preparing shoot position for him was the case in training. Was trying so many times today
Tau 5 - not a good game. Again huge problems with holding the ball. Also I thought he is ultra fast? Didn't see that today. Blackpool defenders were always on a level with him
Mac Allister 7 - very good corner kicks (2 clear chances in my opinion - Dunk, Webster). Not the best 1st half but outstanding 2nd till he was changed
Alzate 6 - ok performance, better 2nd half but I see less confidence and overall regress of his form comparing to begining of the season
Zequiri 6 - Like whole team. Bad 1st half and much, much better 2nd. Still a bit chaotic, but he is creating non stop pressure for defenders. He is a bit like unpolished diamond. Hopefully will keep this progress!

Subs
Maupay 5 - not his day. 82nd minute? That's a must score for Premier League forward. Also I have a feeling he is holding the ball too much. He is a type of Jamie Vardy forward, shouldn't play so deep
Trossard 7 - omg that was weird. Every time I was again swearing on him, he showed something to shut me up. He was literally everywhere and created lot of problems to Blackpool defenders, but also made loads of mistakes. Unfortunately today 3 bad actions for 1 good. In overall his presence was still very positive (comparing to Tau), that's why quite high note
March 6 - had some problems with Jordan Gabriel but as always relentless
Gross 7 - few key passes, chance for a goal. Just 15 minutes on the pitch and good impact. Pascal is in a good form. Unfortunately for him Mac Allister and Bissouma are in better.

How can you give Trossard a 7?
The man needs a massive kick up the backside and told to cut out all the fancy, ineffective crap and concentrate on simplifying his game and doing the basics more accurately. A good start would be passing to the same colour shirt. A perfect example was a breakaway in the 2nd half. Blackpool were stretched and the ball was played to Trossard, men free on either side. Cue an extravagant back flick to nobody, Blackpool regain possession and a good chance was chucked away, needlessly.
He thinks he is better than he is and we can only afford his extravagance and sloppy play if we are 3 or 4 goals ahead and that ain't gonna happen very often.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Surely the average of 0 - 10 is 5 ???

That said, I agree with your ratings by and large.

The average (mean) is 5 (55/11), but the median (mid point is 5.5).

Scores on the doors:

Walton 6
Veltman 7.5 (MoM)
Dunk 6
Webster 6
Burn 5
Propper 5
Bissouma 6.5
Tau 4.5
Macallister 6
Alzate 5
Zequiri 5

Subs
Maupay 6
Trossard 5
March 6
Gross 6

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

I used to work in the industry and do match ratings. At the start of every season, that guideline would be published. You were advised not to mark below 4 and never to give a 10. I did see a local journo give an Aldershot striker 10/10 once, for scoring two goals!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Really surprised by the subs scores today from everyone. Last 20 minutes against a tiring League One defence and Maupay and Trossard came on the pitch in an exploding car. It was fortunate it didn't matter. I think this is the third game in a row, where we have bought players on and they have just not done the basics and given the ball away cheaply. One day we will sign a decent striker and Maupay will be sulking on the sidelines. He can expect no sympathy from me. Trossard needs to take a few minutes to play himself into the game, before trying the genius stuff. Far too many silly errors.

In contrast Mac Allister deserved a lucky goal, plenty of positives and finally some decent corners. Just let him take all the set pieces.

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
How can you give Trossard a 7?
The man needs a massive kick up the backside and told to cut out all the fancy, ineffective crap and concentrate on simplifying his game and doing the basics more accurately. A good start would be passing to the same colour shirt. A perfect example was a breakaway in the 2nd half. Blackpool were stretched and the ball was played to Trossard, men free on either side. Cue an extravagant back flick to nobody, Blackpool regain possession and a good chance was chucked away, needlessly.
He thinks he is better than he is and we can only afford his extravagance and sloppy play if we are 3 or 4 goals ahead and that ain't gonna happen very often.

Thats's why I said it was weird performance and it's my subjective opinion. He was annoying, I agree. Why I gave him 7 is beacuse he still done 3x times more than hyped Percy Tau. Even with amount of nonchalant/extravagance errors his impact was decent in my opinion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Used to be used in clubs as well, at apprentice level.

Basically the 6 average, is based on a score out of 5 for each half.
(3 obviously being average).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here