Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Year

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
1. Ward
2. Upson
3. Ince

Only reason that Ward gets ahead of Upson is that I can't think of anything less than solid from him this season whereas Upson, by contrast, has made a few (very few) mistakes...though even then it's less than a normal CB would make over a season.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Ward - because he looks so happy when he scores.

928ff014-ebc9-443f-a8d2-864ec757dd9b_800.jpg

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ward did the impossible this year. Replaced Bridge. I though whoever did that was on a hiding to nothing but he achieved it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Matt Upson.

Absolutely rock solid defender who would do a good job in division 1. I'll be amazed if he doesn't get it this season.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Matthew Upson shades Ward for me, Matt is just so consistent and assured. Probably one of our best ever signings, especially at this level. Scored some valuable goals too.

Ward has been excellent but doesn't quite have the same consistency as Upson. I would be quite happy if he joins us on a permanent basis.

An honourable mention for Kuszchak too, apart from the odd slip he is still an excellent keeper.

Ince would be my young player of the season.

Finally I'm another that feels we must not forget Andrew Crofts. Didn't exactly pull up trees last season following his return from Norwich but stepped up and had a pivotal role earlier this season. His goals were vital especially with all the disruption and injury problems across the squad. Without his goals Oscar might still be struggling to win over many more fans. I wonder if we might now be comfortably in the play offs if Crofts had maintained his scoring rate. It will be interesting to see what our midfield looks like going into next season. Crofts / Stephens / Ince wouldn't be too shabby and leaves room for a playmaker too.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Ward, as said above succeeded in the improbable of replacing Bridge. Really thought we would struggle at LB this year, but can't think of one poor, or below average game Ward has played.

Stumpy Tim

1. Upson
2. Ince
3. Ward

I think Ince has been a little unfortunate to have been benched as the vote is taking place. If the question had been posed three months ago Ince would have won comfortably. Ward has come into form in the past three months, but was solid & unspectacular before. Upson has been excellent all season

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
1. Upson
2. Ince
3. Ward

I think Ince has been a little unfortunate to have been benched as the vote is taking place. If the question had been posed three months ago Ince would have won comfortably. Ward has come into form in the past three months, but was solid & unspectacular before. Upson has been excellent all season

Joel Ward

When was the last time a non defender or non defensive midfielder won this?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Upson for me. His touch is pure ace in this division and I've barely seen him put a foot wrong all year long. Ward has been good, mostly blunderless, but he's been anonymous as an attacking force on a few occasions and perhaps I have a he V Bridge battle going against him. Ulloa would be my second. Goals aplenty in spite of being out for months and receiving criticism for ONLY scoring by some of the NSC glitterati.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here