Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player of the season?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Veltman for me. He's probably our worse centre back, our worse full back, and definitely our worse wing back. However, he gives 110% and applies himself to whatever roll he's asked to do, and he's had to play in several. Player of the season isn't always about who is best for me, he gets it for being the best clubman in my opinion, cemented by his huge tackle and chest thumb to the away fans at Watford. The guy really cares. I'll take that for this season.

I really like Veltman. He is that proper 'utility' player that used to exist when you were only allowed 3/5 subs on the bench. He always gives his best, and always puts in a decent performance.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was thinking after the game yesterday, who would be our player of the season?

We're now 75% of the way through the season, and I can't think of any player that's been a standout.

Cucurella would probably end up as my choice.

Can we still vote for Dan Burn?

Seriously though, for me it is between Veltman and Cucurella.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I really like Veltman. He is that proper 'utility' player that used to exist when you were only allowed 3/5 subs on the bench. He always gives his best, and always puts in a decent performance.

He feels like this season's Dan Burn (if that makes sense) Puts in a brilliant shift, whether that's at CB, RB or RWB

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

And an absolute bargain to boot, costing us less than one million smackeroonies.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Webster.

Only Veltman is close, it's not worth typing the reasons why not for the others.

Lamptey will thrive at his next club, but our one-paced team/squad allows opponents to double-up on him, negating his pace and threat.

[So it boils down to just chatting about defenders, highlighting how shit we are elsewhere, overall across 29 games].

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Burn.

Of those remaining, it'd be Webster.

Cucurella started incredibly well but has really fallen off, along with everyone else but specifically Trossard, Veltman and Lamptey

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Amazing - Welbeck = sick note (in another thread) , Webster = POTS. I know they are not the same things, but both have been unavailable for the same amount of games this season

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bit of a Moot point really

Duffy first 5 games

Cucu and Veltman have both been consistently good

Gross does whats asked of him, he'll be missed more when he's gone, like White.

Burn has been the standout performer, at CB, even if he only played a dozen games. . . . .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would Veltman have won PotS last year if Leeds fans hadn't got involved with the vote like a bunch of lovesick teenagers that won't ever get over the girl that once looked at them?

twr93

Aug 2, 2019
London
Would make a strong argument for Maupay- his 10(ish) goals in a side that barely creates anything is good going and the points he has gained/saved for us this season may well be what keep us up for another season.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just remember how well we were playing before xmas.

Bissouma should win it.

If he's bad for the rest of the season, I think I would go Moder

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not surprised to see Cucurella being the option for a lot of people and I agree he has been good... he is a terrible crosser and finisher however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here