Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the Season - Who's Ahead?

Who's your POS so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bruno is PotS so far, quite comfortably in my book. But he's not the most indispensable. Stephens and Kayal fit that particular role, as was clearly demonstrated on Saturday. Baldock is also pretty indispensable, not because his form has been that good (although, controversially perhaps, I still think he's been our best striker this season), but because there doesn't seem to be anyone else who plays the role he does in the squad.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I am a huge fan of Stockdale, but I am suprised he is being mentioned in the same breath as Bruno, Kayal and Stephans, those three have stood out game after game, Kaz isnt far beind them, his great form has carried us to where we are today, without his start we could be hanging around mid table.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am a huge fan of Stockdale, but I am suprised he is being mentioned in the same breath as Bruno, Kayal and Stephans, those three have stood out game after game, Kaz isnt far beind them, his great form has carried us to where we are today, without his start we could be hanging around mid table.

He is the best keeper in the Championship. This tweet goes back to September.

[tweet]645347881436729344[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bruno, but Stockdale, KK and Stephens are all worthy of mention.

Thing is, if Bruno and another player perform to the same level I'll always give it to Bruno, because he does it with utter style and PANACHE.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bruno, but Stockdale, KK and Stephens are all worthy of mention.

Thing is, if Bruno and another player perform to the same level I'll always give it to Bruno, because he does it with utter style and PANACHE.

This - I watched him fairly closely on saturday, and he is just so impressive in every way.

I am also a Stockdale, kayal and Stephens fan, though, as well as Kaz and Tomer and Bong - hope it is not too serious, but fear it will be.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This - I watched him fairly closely on saturday, and he is just so impressive in every way.

I am also a Stockdale, kayal and Stephens fan, though, as well as Kaz and Tomer and Bong - hope it is not too serious, but fear it will be.

I have found myself saying to my Brother on more than one occasion over the last couple of games "Thank God we've got a goalkeeper now".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly... wait for his first little mistake and the usual mob will be back saying we need a new keeper....

No they won't, they'll again want to promote Walton the young'un who had a torrid time in the third division.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think Bruno just oozes class. his first touch is sublime; however, I wish I had been voting for an offensive player because to go up your star men have to be your forwards

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bruno with Stockdale a few millimetres behind followed by Kayal and Stephens.

The thing I love about Bruno is when the ball is hoofed forward by the opposition defence you get such a feeling of relief when you see it is going towards Bruno as you know he will take the ball on his foot with perfect control and either head forward for play it forward to another player.

I went the other way around. I think Stockdale has been a revelation this season. I don't think he was as dreadful as some people suggest he was last season, but there was certainly room for improvement, and that improvement has come. He has made some important saves this season which, given that we don't exactly seem to be potent up front, have proved vital. He also seems a real team player - making the effort to go around each of the team pre-match and having a word, or saying whatever he does. Who is to say whether it makes a difference, but I'd like to think it helps.

For matters away from the pitch, I think the way he handled himself in the aftermath of the Shoreham Air Show was a lesson to lots of people, let alone footballers. Goalkeepers union and all that maybe, but he strikes me as the type of guy who have the same approach regardless of the player's position. Whether this last point counts anything towards the PoTS debate I'm not sure, but it's that kind of attitude that has made him go further up in my estimation.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
So many players deserve it, but I'd give it to Bruno, he's been class this year.

Stockdale close second.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Kayal for me followed by Stephens then Bruno/Stockdale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here