• Other

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Stockdale, only just edging out Kayal.

Bruno deserves a honourable mention, he's been exceptional for most of the season, vastily improved from last season. Same for Greer, a lot better than last year, but not a player of the season candidate (unless he scores a 89th winning header at Wembely...)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bruno.

Very consistent, works hard, best touch of anyone. Nice beard.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For me, well normally i would go for an offensive player in such Polls; however, in this instance, I think that Bruno has been the one constant and the one who has been such a settling influence on the side.

Many of them deserve credit but when you watch Bruno play, everything comes so naturally to him

Spot on. We seem to do this quite regularly, and I was surprised by how poorly Bruno had fared in previous polls (it's notable that Stephens, for instance, has slipped dramatically in the early iterations of this poll), but Bruno remains our best player this season in my view. Stockdale and Kayal also deserve credit, as does the composite player @Kalimantian Gull identifies of KLL, March and Knockaert. We really are looking strong on the wing at present, especially if Murphy is going to regularly play like he did on Friday night.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I find it interesting that so many more people have voted for Kayal over Stephens, (18 to 2 at the moment), to me those two are akin to tweedle dum and tweedle dee, in that they work so well together in midfield and I can't imagine one without the other.

What I am trying to say, is that, to my mind at least, Kayal hasn't been that superior to Stephens. They have both been equally excellent.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I voted Bruno but would be happy with him Stockdale or Kayal - all 3 have been magnificent. Special mention for Stephens too as he's been class. Feel for KLL and March as I believe if they'd stayed fit they would have had a crack at it...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It should be Stockdale is it's apparently a sing of weakness to give the home goalie the MotM award.
Therefore he'll never be properly appreciated.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Stockers.

He's made some absolutely incredible saves this season. He's probably saved as many points as Dunk has lost.

Not that I totally agree with that, it did make me LOL!

Stockers for me - he continues to impress on and off the pitch, and he has improved MASSIVELY since last season (when he wasn't too shabby either!).

Seems to be a good motivator with his little pep-talks to everyone pre-kick-off. Top fella.

Calde for 'support' player of the season (someone not regularly in the first team or even, at times, the squad). Even when he wasn't in the squad he was on the pitch warming up on his own; and he is ALWAYS there at the end of the game to congratulate the players as they come off. Legend.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The King, obviously. Tougher for an outfield player to show such consistency, I reckon.

Stockdale 2nd. MONUMENTAL improvement on a poor first season. Always had the ability but seems to have the belief now too.

Bruno 3rd, his best season for us. Cut out a lot of silly mistakes and still providing a vital creative outlet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not that I totally agree with that, it did make me LOL!

Stockers for me - he continues to impress on and off the pitch, and he has improved MASSIVELY since last season (when he wasn't too shabby either!).

Seems to be a good motivator with his little pep-talks to everyone pre-kick-off. Top fella.

Calde for 'support' player of the season (someone not regularly in the first team or even, at times, the squad). Even when he wasn't in the squad he was on the pitch warming up on his own; and he is ALWAYS there at the end of the game to congratulate the players as they come off. Legend.

The last point is quite interesting.

Since Nathan left and Chris said he wasn't in a rush to find replacements, I wonder, if he maybe thinks this could be his replacement. I wonder if perhaps he is currently taking his Coaching Badges ? Does anyone know ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The last point is quite interesting.

Since Nathan left and Chris said he wasn't in a rush to find replacements, I wonder, if he maybe thinks this could be his replacement. I wonder if perhaps he is currently taking his Coaching Badges ? Does anyone know ?

Maybe it's a question to be asked at his Appreciation Evening?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Prior to his injury it was Bong. Gave no quarter at left-back, babysat Dunk and created opportunities for KLL.

Now, I'd have to say Kayal shades it over Bruno and Stockdale.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Its kind of none-of-the-above for me. All nine of those have been brilliant, but my player of the season is a composite KLL-March-Knockaert aggressive winger.

On the form of the first two before injuries, and Knockaert in his first 3 games any one of those would be player of the season if they'd had a whole season like that

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why have we lowered our ambition to the play offs when we can still finish in the top 2, We need winners both on and off the pitch.

Absolutely this. Where is your ambition! Aim for automatic promotion, and if we fall short we still have a chance of going up via the Play-Offs. Aim for the Play-Offs, fall short, and it's season over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here