Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Of The Season HAS To Be Shane Duffy...

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
My initial reaction was no way is Duffy our player of the season. But then I tried to think who I’d put in front of him and struggled. So I think I agree.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The biggest blow of relegation would be losing D&D, hopefully now not a reality although I'm sure Dunk will have his suitors regardless.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Dunk for me has been far superior to Duffy this season.

But I would give it to Solly March even though he hasn't always been in the starting line up.

Only if it were for first few matches of the season, when Solly was on fire. But for the whole season its hard to split Duffy and Dunk, but for Goals stats alone, Duffy gets my vote.

Blocks Duffy 37 Dunk 33
Tackles won Duffy 15 Dunk 24
Clearances Duffy 197 Dunk 143
Headed Clearances Duffy 134 Dunk 87
Goals scored Duffy 5 Dunk 2
Errors leading to goals Duffy 0 Dunk 2
Interceptions Duffy 33 Dunk 40

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Only if it were for first few matches of the season, when Solly was on fire. But for the whole season its hard to split Duffy and Dunk, but for Goals stats alone, Duffy gets my vote.

Blocks Duffy 37 Dunk 33
Tackles won Duffy 15 Dunk 24
Clearances Duffy 197 Dunk 143
Headed Clearances Duffy 134 Dunk 87
Goals scored Duffy 5 Dunk 2
Errors leading to goals Duffy 0 Dunk 2
Interceptions Duffy 33 Dunk 40

Thanks for all those statistics.

I personally go on what I see rather than statistics.

So Dunk over Duffy but Solly for POTS for me.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Solly March for me - often been a game changer when brought on as a sub.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Dolly (weirdly).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
... shirley.

If we had another half dozen with half his fighting spirit, we'd conquer the world. Well at least the PL world outside of the top 6.

Ignore the hilarious larger than life blockhead off the field persona and focus on what he gives us on the pitch. Puts his body unclinchingly on the line time after time, match after match. Flogs his legs up and down the pitch. In recent Amex games, when certain others were hiding (and fooling nobody in the cheap seats) Shane was repeatedly trying to force the ball over the line by sheer force of willpower. All that and playing for his country in the interminable international breaks while most of his team mates are out shopping with the missus or staying home playing playstation (ok, know that's probably not even a thing anymore but you know what I mean 'arry)

Shane Duffy :bowdown: :bowdown:

Duffy for me...was a tad surprised to see some posters wanting him out b4 the start of next season :moo:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Another vote for Duffy one of the only players who have maintained a decent level of performance throughout the season and has chipped in with some vital goals.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
My vote goes to Michael Robinson, although if we're talking about this season it could be Duffy.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
They’ve both had a series of shockers.

I think that’s harsh. We accumulated our points in the first half of the season, largely because of dunk and Duffy and to a lesser extent Murray .
Our game plan was based on the centre backs outmuscling the opposition and to an extent, it worked.
Game after game dunk and Duffy withstood pressure, with one or the other heading it clear. They never shied away from their responsibilities.
True, there have been errors, especially recently, but they are probably knackered and perhaps their errors stand out as they have set high standards.
I see you picked solly - he’s improving and right now is our best attacking option, but over the course of the season it would be generous to make him player of the season imho . Not that being Brighton player of the season 2018/19 is much of an accolade.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Duffy is an absolute beast. I love the way he gives his all each game and his stats show what an asset to the team he is. He's saved us many a time and contributed a few goals. An absolute beast.
Duffy POTS for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I dunno, a diamond in a turd is still a diamond.

Not if it is made of glass. Or Pyrex.

Bernardo, March or Dunk for me. Any season, no matter how shit we are (and we were not shit all season) we should have a POTS. Even if Pyrex pots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here