Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player kit sponsorship price rise

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I keep our bank statements for 6 years, so I had proof of the exact amount paid to BHA at the beginning of August. It was April the following year when they queried the payment. They did accept it.

Outrageous that they could make multiple errors and accusations without thoroughly checking their own accounts first. What we're doing in the 7 months when as far as they were concerned they hadn't received the funds? Utter disgrace

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Outrageous that they could make multiple errors and accusations without thoroughly checking their own accounts first. What we're doing in the 7 months when as far as they were concerned they hadn't received the funds? Utter disgrace

In my case the issue happened the following year as well. It was rather odd and interesting to know it wasn't just me.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
That's really rather inexcusable. If it happened to me, I would be down their offices demanding an apology. It's poor customer service towards fans who have acted with goodwill towards the club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That's really rather inexcusable. If it happened to me, I would be down their offices demanding an apology. It's poor customer service towards fans who have acted with goodwill towards the club.

I would wager £10 the poor customer service will be easily surpassed when the 1901 renewals costs are announced

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
We'd love to do it but none of us would be able to make the sponsors dinner/awards and I can't see the club deducting the ticket price from the fee.
Does anyone know how much it is to sponsor the match ball, this maybe more realistic for us.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Just returned home to my letter.

1) It's a downgrade for more money
2) It was informal and fun
3) I'm not interested in the suits one
4) Yet more money I won't be spending with the club
5) Slightly more alienated, drip, drip.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We have been a kit Sponsor for a number of years but not any more. The kits sponsors meals have up to the last one been fantastic. The last one saw anyone on International duty missing, so was a bit of a let down as in total about 10 players missing. No kit sponsors meal means no more sponsorship from me! A price increase to end up at the big corporate end of season meal - no thanks. The kit sponsors meal was more relaxed and more about the fans outside of corporate hospitality.

Over the years we have sponsored Gordon Greer, Rohan Ince, Gary Dicker, Alan Navarro, Baz Savage, Craig Davies and Steve Thompson. Oh well its been a fun thing to do and a bit sad its all come to an end.

Last edited:

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I was lucky enough to go to the shirt sponsors' dinner this year and it was a fantastic evening. I watched the awards' dinner on YouTube and it looked pretty turgid.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
So, judging by this thread, it seems that most, if not all of the ordinary supporters are dropping out. As has been said the sponsors dinner is a real laugh and I've been lucky enough to attend.

Hope the club are reading this thread, as they seem to have made a massive misjudgement, maybe not on a corporate level - too early to tell on that, but certainly in alienating fans. Again.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, judging by this thread, it seems that most, if not all of the ordinary supporters are dropping out. As has been said the sponsors dinner is a real laugh and I've been lucky enough to attend.

Hope the club are reading this thread, as they seem to have made a massive misjudgement, maybe not on a corporate level - too early to tell on that, but certainly in alienating fans. Again.

I wonder if someone will read it. Trouble is, unless loads of players don't get sponsored the club will think they've done the right thing. I'm currently reconsidering my decision, although the inclusion of the awards dinner will mean I don't have to pay for it as I have done for the past couple of years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh well no need to see what NSC will do, the deed has been done.

Well done Paul Barber another revenue stream going west

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can the tipping point with Barber in April if he gets the 1901 renewals wrong.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
This is just another example of Paul Barber's short term business plan for himself that suits his own yearly bonus.

He's not here for the long term, do you really and honestly think he cares about Brighton and Hove Albion, per say?

If Mark ( Raven ) and Liz are having a pop about this I reckon we should all open our ears.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Corporate is all Barber cares about, 1901 renewals will indeed be interesting. A good season and he is going to try and shaft us big time in his effort to get shot of the ordinary fan and replace him with the corporate day out.

We know he reads or has a flunkey who reads NSC, I wonder if Bozza or El Presidente will get a long winded justification about the content of this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here