Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player-issued shirts up for auction...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not even match worn! These are issued to the player but not used shirts in matches.

• Player Issued – This item was issued to the indicated player for the indicated game however it was not worn during the indicated game
Kits are produced to different “grades”, with player issued kit being the highest quality.

It’s a very expensive, slightly above average quality replica shirt that was hung up in the dressing room as a spare or for unused subs.

Additionally, I’ve read every word on the listings, the terms and conditions and everything and can’t find a word about the cause this is for. I know people mentioned the RBL, but I am not seeing this on the mobile version of the website anywhere.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Not even match worn! These are issued to the player but not used shirts in matches.

• Player Issued – This item was issued to the indicated player for the indicated game however it was not worn during the indicated game
Kits are produced to different “grades”, with player issued kit being the highest quality.

It’s a very expensive, slightly above average quality replica shirt that was hung up in the dressing room as a spare or for unused subs.

Additionally, I’ve read every word on the listings, the terms and conditions and everything and can’t find a word about the cause this is for. I know people mentioned the RBL, but I am not seeing this on the mobile version of the website anywhere.
That's absolutely crazy and seems entirely dishonest.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Will someone think about the environment 😔 what an absolute waste. Football's carbon footprint must be absolutely horrendous 😫

Anyway, back on topic...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Description- poppy on the front of the shirt, in support of the Royal British Legion.

If the money isn’t going to the RBL, then it is very misleading.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
'Player issued' - could this mean that they might not even be the ones worn during the game, they could be unused back-ups in case match shirts are ripped or bloodied?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Player issued' - could this mean that they might not even be the ones worn during the game, they could be unused back-ups in case match shirts are ripped or bloodied?
Most likely to be the subs bench shirts. Before a sub enters the pitch, you see them take off their training tops and put a shirt on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
whether they do or whether they don`t ....they have more money than sense..that is fact!!
I guess if you're, say, an Argentinian restaurant in B&H, it might make a little bit of sense. You could maybe get it nicely framed and pass it through the books as office decor or something. I know I would 😀

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Player Issued means it's a shirt that was prepared for the player to wear (i.e. not in the club shop for a fan purchase) but was not actually worn.

In the past when players shirts had different size numbers and sleeve patches to the fans replicas this meant something, as it was something you couldn't buy in the club shop, so had a perceived increased value over a replica shirt.

For elite teams, players shirts are made differently to the fans replicas, and again, historically they weren't something you could buy in the club shop so were considered by some as something special to add to a collection.

Currently, the EPL numbers and patches are the same size for players and fans shirts, so you can buy a shirt (when in stock) with the exact same nameset, number, and sleeve badges as the players shirts. This makes 'Player Issue' somewhat less enticing.

Also, regarding the elite teams that have 'player specification' shirts, now you can buy those in the clubs' shops too, and have them named and numbered the same as a players shirt. Perhaps some of the less scrupulous types might then wear the shirt, roll around in the mud a bit in their garden, then try and palm it off as matchworn.

At Brighton, our players shirts are exactly the same as the shirts we can buy (when in stock) in the club shop.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I don't believe that to be the case, our players shirts are exactly the same as the shirts bough tin the club shop (when in stock)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well clearly nobody on NSC has a definitive answer why we should buy these shirts over similar versions in the club shop or if the proceeds are going to British Legion, AITC or Caicedo's needy siblings.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Player issued would mean it was hanging up by the players place in the dressing room if they wanted to get changed at half time for whatever reason.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't believe that to be the case, our players shirts are exactly the same as the shirts bough tin the club shop (when in stock)
Thanks. Maybe it applies to elite teams only, I’m just going off an article I read a while back about “player specification” shirts and they how they are manufactured.

Either way, these shirts aren’t match worn, so in this case then you could go to the match shop, buy a Mac Allister shirt, get his name and number on it, get him to sign it after a game, frame it and still pay a fraction of the auction price at the time of writing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here