Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player contracts update (No news)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Dick Knight said himself it would all be sorted by Wednesday...

Obviously he meant a Wednesday in July after his summer holiday to Spain?...

:jester:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I saw that earlier and thought it was strange as it says they have been in contact with all the players but race doesnt seem to know anything. There must be someone to blame here someones LYING :angry: ;)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Ernest said:
How long does it take to say f*** off you're useless and got us relegated :angry: :angry: :angry:

How long does it take to say bend over and drop'em Dick. I've got a bet to make good on?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
Dick Knight said himself it would all be sorted by Wednesday...

I think Mr Knight has problems with the concept of time.

The outcome of discusions over the Managers future would be released in a few days. That took over a week.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
blockhseagull said:
Why does Dick set himself deadlines and then always fail to meet them.

He would be better saying f*** all

Or saying a week when he thinks it will be a 3 days.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Typical lack of urgency from DK... too slow getting rid, therefore too fcuking slow yet again finalising budget available for new acquisitions... meanwhile, other clubs active in the transfer market (again!)... fcuking useless... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
B.W. said:
Typical lack of urgency from DK... too slow getting rid, therefore too fcuking slow yet again finalising budget available for new acquisitions... meanwhile, other clubs active in the transfer market (again!)... fcuking useless... :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored:
We should be used to it by now...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Must be honest, don't understand why it is taking so long

Surely if they are being released then we don't need to involve agents.

As for the players who we do want to keep, surely we can announce we have offered them contracts and are discussing terms.... if we then don't come to an agreement well thats a different story.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think the plan is to announce the result of the contract talks for all 9 players at the same time. Not quite sure what this achieves other than drag the whole process out a bit longer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
blockhseagull said:
Must be honest, don't understand why it is taking so long

Surely if they are being released then we don't need to involve agents.

As for the players who we do want to keep, surely we can announce we have offered them contracts and are discussing terms.... if we then don't come to an agreement well thats a different story.

One announcement will be sufficient, rather than announcing news in dribs and drabs. So it would be better to wait for everything to be agreed on.

We might even be checking on the market to see if we can get replacements, before signing some on again...

Maybe the "ongoing talks" is a sign that a contract is a two-way thing.

If anyone thinks that a contract of employment is simply a thing handed out by an employer to a grateful employee, they are still living in the middle of the nineteenth century.

Why blame DK for any delay in the announcement?

I congratulate the players and their agents for rolling their sleeves up and getting involved in the talks - which will no doubt "ongo" for as long as it takes.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Seems strange to me.

If any contract talks become protracted over a week or so, does that mean we are still kept waiting..... first time i have ever known it to be done like this.

It's normally we have offered a contract to x and y

The rest have been released

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here