Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play offs

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
We are in control of our own destiny, it doesn't matter what anyone else does, if we win the next three, and they're all winnable, we're in the play offs

Is it really that far fetched??

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Current odds for promotion (corals)

Wigan 12-5
Derby 13-5
QPR 11-4
Brighton 6-1
Reading 16-1
Ipswich 20-1
Watford 50-1
Forest & Bournemouth 66-1

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Was thinking much the same as the OP. If we were to make it into the play-offs none of the others would be really worried about us and their respective fans would be relishing playing against us. We would have nothing to lose and all to gain. Just seems to be looking good

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Play offs, ok i'll stick me neck out

QPR v WIGAN
DERBY v BRIGHTON

Play off final WIGAN v BRIGHTON a Wembley

BRIGHTON WIN

We're in the premier league

Remember chaps, you heard it here first.......I'm going for a lie down :blush:

I think we'll lose to Wigan.

I think we will lose in the Premier League play off final to a team with no fans at their end of the national stadium.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think the difference is this year, we can actually joke about going up, because let's face it, we don't deserve it this year. Last year was different, we should've gone up, if we'd kept our concentration is matches until the end, and didn't concede last minute goals we'd have gone up automatically. We should've beaten Palace, and we didn't, and you have to give them credit for that, shows that the out of form side can sneak it.

If we win the playoffs we DESERVE to go up.

If we were to make it into the play-offs none of the others would be really worried about us and their respective fans would be relishing playing against us. We would have nothing to lose and all to gain

Yep, Derby have done the double over us, Wigan beat us recently I thought fairly easily (I know some thought we were robbed) and then there's QPR who will think they have the big-time players to beat anyone. It won't be quite like 2004 all over again because I think we were better than at least Hartlepool back then, but it will be similar as Swindon and Bris City had better teams than us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here