Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play offs three seasons running?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Great result and performance last night.Best of the season for me...However we are fifteen points from the playoff place and only six points above relegation place. we got last play off spot with 72 points last season. Anyone who believes we can get 43 points from our remaining 19games (14 wins 1 draw,4 loss) is delusional. 15 points is what we need to keep us from relegation Zone. The way we performed last night comfortably achievable.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
As an aside, the average points required to achieve 6th spot in the championship (that isn't the average points of 6th place, but the average of being 1 point above 7th or the points of 6th place when level on points with 7th) over the last decade is 71.2 points.

Of course, I don't think we can get anywhere near that, but that would be 1 point less than Bournemouth's recent run… P19 W13 D3 L3….it almost seems doable! :cool::facepalm:
Good work to clarify that 1pt more than 7th is what's needed. An average of 71pts over the decade seems like a fair enough figure to use then. Knock a point off and make it 70. Perhaps a bit low, given the current table, but not completely wrong.

In that case, we could definitely do P19 W13 D2 L4. Out of each block of 3 games we need 2 wins combined with a loss or a draw.

2.16pts per game is more than the Champions normally get over the whole season but it is doable over a shorter timeframe.

I stand corrected and am now firmly in Team Chasing the Play-Offs. :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Good work to clarify that 1pt more than 7th is what's needed. An average of 71pts over the decade seems like a fair enough figure to use then. Knock a point off and make it 70. Perhaps a bit low, given the current table, but not completely wrong.

In that case, we could definitely do P19 W13 D2 L4. Out of each block of 3 games we need 2 wins combined with a loss or a draw.

2.16pts per game is more than the Champions normally get over the whole season but it is doable over a shorter timeframe.

I stand corrected and am now firmly in Team Chasing the Play-Offs. :lolol:

:thumbsup: Just 13 wins out of 19. Simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here