Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play off time? Its crass tacky tat time.....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I hate all that crap. Every important game, every play off, every cup final, they crawl out of their hidey holes. They're the sort of people who emerge at Pride, at the Notting Hill Carnival, at Lewes Bonfire, shouting "ten paaaaands, getcher scarves an' 'ats for only ten paaaaaaaaaaaaaaands" (they're always Cockneys), making children squeal to their parents to be allowed to buy one of those furry worm things, clackers (shudder), thundersticks or a glowing necklace that will break within ten seconds of purchase.

Their scarves will always have a nasty generic, non official club image on them and won't ever use the proper club name for fear of being sued, thus you get scarves reading "Tigers v Gunners Wembley 2014".

If I'm going to spend my money on total shit, then I'll spend it on the Albion's total shit, not some failed Cockney wide boy who gives Del Boy a bad name.

How much are the scarves? :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was just about to post the same. I was utterly amazed to see someone selling tat there, proper clutching at straws.

I remember there even being Parasites at the FA Cup match at Stoke in 2011 (?).

I mean, seriously. Who wants an Albion- Stoke half & half scarf?? I did see on Sky the other night a couple of people wearing half and half Palace Liverpool scarves :D

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It feels quite American and I do get what you mean. The club are just cashing in really, and who can blame them. Last occasion this season to get something extra in the coiffeurs, last home game - bonus game.

Appropriate that you say it feels American, as, given the last line of your post, I can't help but read it in a New Jersey accent :D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hate all that crap. Every important game, every play off, every cup final, they crawl out of their hidey holes. They're the sort of people who emerge at Pride, at the Notting Hill Carnival, at Lewes Bonfire, shouting "ten paaaaands, getcher scarves an' 'ats for only ten paaaaaaaaaaaaaaands" (they're always Cockneys), making children squeal to their parents to be allowed to buy one of those furry worm things, clackers (shudder), thundersticks or a glowing necklace that will break within ten seconds of purchase.

Their scarves will always have a nasty generic, non official club image on them and won't ever use the proper club name for fear of being sued, thus you get scarves reading "Tigers v Gunners Wembley 2014".

If I'm going to spend my money on total shit, then I'll spend it on the Albion's total shit, not some failed Cockney wide boy who gives Del Boy a bad name.

You say all that, but it's always tempting when you catch them when they've nearly sold out and want to go home. £10 before the game but £2 after.

"I'll take 3 please mate."

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
You will need a Superdry jacket tomorrow it's going to rain all day. :(

in which case I will be in my club rain coat. It's bright blue with the seagulls logo. Hopefully it's not too razzmatazz and tacky for some!! :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You say all that, but it's always tempting when you catch them when they've nearly sold out and want to go home

Is it? Do you have a large collection of luminous necklaces, furry worms and generic scarves?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have a lot* of generic blue and white flags.

(* - 3 or 4)

I think I only have the ones the Albion have issued.

Though there might be a 1991 play off final one purchased from an official Wembley parasite :)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

What are these fury worms? caterpillars? Can't say I have ever seen anyone selling them on sticks.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Speaking of unofficial merchandise outside football grounds...wonder how much these are being sold for right now?

a7arudaz.jpg

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Time to dig out the 83 foam finger!!

Oh a foam finger! You can't get more retro than a foam finger unless you were riding your Chopper with spokey dokey's in the wheels, to Woolworths to get some pick n mix after you rented a betamax of BMX Bandits and the Goonies.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Time to dig out the 83 foam finger!!

The problem with the foam fingers is that they always make me want to shout out "..... and it's all in the best poooossible taste !"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here