Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final Tix

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Two of us are ST holders but we also have 4/5 other family/friends that would want to go and they have a history, all be it only a small one. Would be only right we can go together. I say ST holders can purchase there own +2 others if they have a history.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Double post.

In those days it was a case of who you knew and how but as a club we have now moved on and are much more professional now and such an occurrence wouldn't happen, and rightly so.

Does anybody imagine that the incompetent Bellotti regime managed to retain their season ticket sales records in a form that is capable of being passed across to the organisation that the Club now is?

D

Deleted User X18H

I have had that given to me in the past. After the 83 final on Sunday I went to buy 8 tickets for the replay and having been drinking in Ferring Football club father in law drove me over to The Goldstone. On arrival the queue stretched right around the ground and being alcohol influenced I wasn't going to queue, so walked up to the front to be stopped by PC plod who told me to get to the back; but he was seen by Ken, sorry name slips me, the secretary, who said he is ok, we know him let him in . They then sold me the 8 tickets I wanted. In those days it was a case of who you knew and how but as a club we have now moved on and are much more professional now and such an occurrence wouldn't happen, and rightly so.

Ken Calver? Can't imagine play it by the book old Ken doing that.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Two of us are ST holders but we also have 4/5 other family/friends that would want to go and they have a history, all be it only a small one. Would be only right we can go together. I say ST holders can purchase there own +2 others if they have a history.

We have too many ST holders to do that, other teams have usually given each season ticket holder two seats, but we have 22,000 STH or something so we can't

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We have too many ST holders to do that, other teams have usually given each season ticket holder two seats, but we have 22,000 STH or something so we can't

Maybe not,,,yes we have 22,000 season ticket holders who would all take their ticket. But that would still leave 18,000 tickets and I did say season ticket holders with friends/family who have a purchase history.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Maybe not,,,yes we have 22,000 season ticket holders who would all take their ticket. But that would still leave 18,000 tickets and I did say season ticket holders with friends/family who have a purchase history.

22,000 with 3 tickets each would be 66k. We wouldn't have that many tickets. Plus one, perhaps.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This a myth that is often spouted incorrectly the actual truth is that it is the FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION CUP and as such all members of the FA are entitled to apply for tickets hence all County members are entitled to 2 tickets, which they have to pay for, in return for their unpaid service to the county association which keeps grass root football going. Also every club registered with a county association from Conference to local pub Sunday sides are entitled to apply for 2 tickets and the usual allocation is that they get 2 every 3 or 4 years.

Which is quite obviously wrong. In the 2012 final 50,000 went to fans whilst 40,000 were distributed elsewhere.

The FA cup should not be seen as an end of season party for the football community.It's simply wrong.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
According to the Swansea website, they were allocated 39,376 tickets for their playoff final.

This is an article from KUMB

The Football League have been forced to issue a statement after they were contacted by hundreds of angry ticketless West Ham supporters ahead of tomorrow's Chapionship play-off final against Blackpool.

The League, who are responsible for the ticketing fiasco that will result in up to 10,000 empty seats at Wembley tomorrow claimed that Blackpool were equally at fault by requesting an allocation almost identical to that of West Ham's, of which roughly one quarter remain unsold.

In an email to a KUMB.com member earlier today, a representative of the governing body said: "Blackpool requested approximately 38,000 tickets with West Ham having slightly more than 39,000.

"The last time Blackpool were in a Championship play-off Final in 2010 they sold approximately 37,000 tickets. Therefore a request for a similar allocation this time was not considered to be inappropriate and obviously both clubs deserve to be treated equally and fairly."

However in the statement released this afternoon on football-league.co.uk, the FL insisted that it was "unreasonable" to expect them to have amended the process so that empty seats could have been returned and given to some of the thousands of West Ham supporters who will not now be able to attend the game.

""The Football League and Wembley Stadium have co-operated to provide West Ham United with more than 40,000 tickets for the Championship Play-Off Final, the largest ticket allocation a club has received since this match returned to Wembley," read their missive.

"Given the need to segregate supporters in seating, concourse and turnstile areas, the only way of providing West Ham with a greater number of tickets would have been to restrict Blackpool's ticket allocation to 30,000 at the outset of the ticket sales process.

"However, with Blackpool having sold more than 36,000 tickets for this same match two seasons ago, that would have been unreasonable."

The lack of availble tickets has led to several hundred Hammers purchasing seats in the opposition end. Far from avoiding potential problems with regards to segregtion, the Football League's short-sighted policy only appears to have increased the chance of potential problems.

Read more at Knees up Mother Brown - West Ham United FC Online: News

So presumably we would make a request, if we got there, unless things have changed or the above is inaccurate?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
We'll sell 39,000 easily. I just hope it's based on loyalty points ONLY. If not, then what possible use is the whole loyalty scheme? "Bring a friend" is nice idea for some but not very fair on others.

Totally random guess, it'll go down to ~50 points before it sells out.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
it will go to General Sale

as usual anyone who actually wants a ticket and doesn't expect it to drop on to their lap will get one

the away leg of the play off will be a different matter of course

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We'll sell 39,000 easily. I just hope it's based on loyalty points ONLY. If not, then what possible use is the whole loyalty scheme? "Bring a friend" is nice idea for some but not very fair on others.

Totally random guess, it'll go down to ~50 points before it sells out.

Club will defo sell on points IMO, can't see any other way. I didn't realise the pricing so may well get down to anyone with history.

2 years ago prices were 36, 52, 64, 76 and last year they went up by 2 quid so same again I guess. Biggest problem might be trying to get seats in the same area. One thing for sure is that ticket line will go into meltdown for a few days

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Only thing I'm concerned about is when the semi tickets will go in sale, last league game is Saturday before playoffs and the Monday is a bank holiday, Tuesday seems a bit late if we are playing Thursday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here