Play Off Final Tix

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We played at Withdean for over ten years so to suggest this period and any association with it should be 'binned' is ignoring a vital part of our history. I agree with you though that the new base of fan is important, valuable and a necessity but I know of individuals who would have laughed at the suggestion of watching say Brighton v Rochdale a few years back.

We're a proper club now, we weren't then. It's a new Brighton & Hove Albion now, Withdean STH already have the extra 250 points, that is enough. And yes I did have one, and yes I did have one at Gillingham.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Havent the club already shown preference to those supporters. Time to move on as many of todays season ticket holders weren't about during those days. Should I get preference because being 70 years old I have been supporting BHA for longer than the vast majority of the supporters, no obviously I shouldn't, so the same applies to Withdean Gillingham etc

No you shouldnt get a preference on age but you should if you were a season ticket holder a gillingham and withdean as those supporters were instrumental in the clubs continued survival. Lots deserted the club for a multitude of reasons during this period those that didnt should have first dibs only fair and reasonable in my opinion.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No you shouldnt get a preference on age but you should if you were a season ticket holder a gillingham and withdean as those supporters were instrumental in the clubs continued survival. Lots deserted the club for a multitude of reasons during this period those that didnt should have first dibs only fair and reasonable in my opinion.

Why do you need a higher priority for 30,000 tickets than 18,500 people?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Withdean STHs have 250 extra LP, so they will have a very good chance of a ticket.

To be honest, anyone with a purchase history would get a ticket, certainly.

Allocation of between 35,000 and 40,000. Prices to start at £40 and at maximum to be £80.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

You misunderstood me I was STH at Goldstone for many years and then again at Gillingham and Withdean before The Amex but is it anybodys fault they werent old enough to go to football on their own until we got to The Amex. Those people are the future of this great club which is now much more professional than it has ever been during my time of supporting it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
You misunderstood me I was STH at Goldstone for many years and then again at Gillingham and Withdean before The Amex but is it anybodys fault they werent old enough to go to football on their own until we got to The Amex. Those people are the future of this great club which is now much more professional than it has ever been during my time of supporting it.

You are talking about kids then who may be supporting the club for the first time and that's fair enough but someone like yourself deserves recognition for your support.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
We would sell 40k with relative ease.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are talking about kids then who may be supporting the club for the first time and that's fair enough but someone like yourself deserves recognition for your support.

I have had that given to me in the past. After the 83 final on Sunday I went to buy 8 tickets for the replay and having been drinking in Ferring Football club father in law drove me over to The Goldstone. On arrival the queue stretched right around the ground and being alcohol influenced I wasn't going to queue, so walked up to the front to be stopped by PC plod who told me to get to the back; but he was seen by Ken, sorry name slips me, the secretary, who said he is ok, we know him let him in . They then sold me the 8 tickets I wanted. In those days it was a case of who you knew and how but as a club we have now moved on and are much more professional now and such an occurrence wouldn't happen, and rightly so.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Why does it matter about gillingham and withdean, if you are an Amex season ticket holder this season or have bought one for next season you will get a ticket for the final. it will then go to non STH

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I don't think the club's records would identify us boring 'season ticket since Gillingham' types if it wanted to.

I wouldn't want any sort of ticket priority over more recent STHs anyway, but I admit there is a little bit of me that would like the Club to at least be able to identify us. In decades to come, we'll be dying off one-by-one like the veterans of WWII (or Galipoli vets in 'The Band Played Waltzing Matilda'), except no-one will know how many of us there are.

The other slight difference being that its football, not war ;-)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I don't think the club's records would identify us boring 'season ticket since Gillingham' types if it wanted to.

I wouldn't want any sort of ticket priority over more recent STHs anyway, but I admit there is a little bit of me that would like the Club to at least be able to identify us. In decades to come, we'll be dying off one-by-one like the veterans of WWII (or Galipoli vets in 'The Band Played Waltzing Matilda'), except no-one will know how many of us there are.

The other slight difference being that its football, not war ;-)

I know exactly what you are saying. If I was running things I would have produced different coloured Season tickets for those that were season ticket holders at Withdean and before. Not to provide priority or privileges but merely as recognition.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unlike FAC, LC and CL finals at Wembley, this game does not interest plastic neutrals.

Shirley the 2 clubs will get 40,000 each, with the remaining 10,000 being Club Deck people (who sell them on anyway), and reps of the FL. FA and other clubs?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know exactly what you are saying. If I was running things I would have produced different coloured Season tickets for those that were season ticket holders at Withdean and before. Not to provide priority or privileges but merely as recognition.

Oh for God'd sake, get over yourself. You're not a war hero, you're someone who watched 3 promotions in ten years, more than virtually any other club in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports