Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final Tix

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As usual, everyone who wants one and makes any kind of vague effort to get one, will get one. And as usual there will be people who complain that they couldn't get a ticket because nobody knocked on their door and asked them if they wanted to buy one.

If we get there, of course.

Exactly this. In 1983 I remember all sorts of self-styled "lifelong fans" who moaned because they couldn't get Cup Final tickets. In fact, the club had given out vouchers at the home match with Stoke - the game after the win at Liverpool - that guaranteed you a Cup Final ticket if we got there. Yet only about 14,000 showed up for it.

Even now I'm not sure how so many of those lifelong fans managed to miss a first division match that was vital, as every game was at that stage, in a relegation battle.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
That's what I was expecting. My F&F have points, 50-60 but that's not many and wondering where the line will be?

Most views here seem to think any purchase history, but I'd be stunned if it were that

I'd be in the same position.

My son has points, and although he'd probably be able to get a ticket, I'd want to sit next to him (he's only 14). If they did it on a decreasing points basis then I'd get my ticket first (no way I'd risk not going) and when possible get my son's ticket, what are the odds of the seats being next to each other.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that the club would be sympathetic to requests for tickets together for people like you provided one of you qualify as a high points holder and the other has a reasonable number of points if that is how the allocation works.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Any guesses as to the number of loyalty points that will be required for the away leg of the play off semi finals (if we get there)? I realise it depends on who we get, ticket allocation etc.

D

Deleted User X18H

Exactly this. In 1983 I remember all sorts of self-styled "lifelong fans" who moaned because they couldn't get Cup Final tickets. In fact, the club had given out vouchers at the home match with Stoke - the game after the win at Liverpool - that guaranteed you a Cup Final ticket if we got there. Yet only about 14,000 showed up for it.

Even now I'm not sure how so many of those lifelong fans managed to miss a first division match that was vital, as every game was at that stage, in a relegation battle.

Peter Ward's last ever Albion match. I still have my voucher.

We lost BTW.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As usual, everyone who wants one and makes any kind of vague effort to get one, will get one. And as usual there will be people who complain that they couldn't get a ticket because nobody knocked on their door and asked them if they wanted to buy one.
Very true.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It won't happen but those of us who had a season ticket for the entire time at Withdean and going back before then should have some kind of priority for play off semis and final. I saw so many colleagues and friends yesterday in the pub, ground and on train who I know for a fact took the piss out of Brighton in the past and out of any one who supported them. Ok we need them now for the money but back of the queue I say.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Many people have other commitments as well. I had a Saturday / Sunday job at the time, and so could only get to about half the games in '82-'83. Without the Saturday work I wouldn't have been able to afford to get to any games at all. On a surge of optimism I bought an advance ticket for the Stoke game, even though I wouldn't be able to go - just to get the cup final voucher. Best investment I ever made.

The thing is, people can be fans without going to every game. I now live right up in Cumbria, so can only feasibly get to places like Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley, Wigan (and Leeds next week - although because of engineering works it's actually going to take 5 hours to get home again!) - but would really want to see the play-off final. And in fact, thanks to wiziwig and co - I've seen more of the Albion in one way or another this year than for many years.

Does this make me a 'plastic', or just someone who now finds it more difficult to get to matches than when I was young, free, and single?

Personally, I'm partly hoping we get Bolton in the semi's - harder to beat them than, say, Palace - but I can get there! And it's a cracking stadium to watch football in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It won't happen but those of us who had a season ticket for the entire time at Withdean and going back before then should have some kind of priority for play off semis and final. I saw so many colleagues and friends yesterday in the pub, ground and on train who I know for a fact took the piss out of Brighton in the past and out of any one who supported them. Ok we need them now for the money but back of the queue I say.

I think the sooner the Withdean stuff is consigned to the bin the better, anyway Withdean STH's will get priority for the semi

I would say very few of the current 23K or so STH's ever took the piss. These new and returning fans are a fantastic base to build even further on and all of us regardless of Withdean/Gillingham/Goldstone history should value it

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Bollocks. We've moved on, and apart from anything else there is no need for any priority system above season ticket holders first, then say 100 loyalty points and then anyone with a purchase history. There will be 30,000+ tickets available, why do you need to have a higher priority than the 18,500 season ticket holders?

Just seen you mentioned the semis as well to be fair, but we'll get 2-3000 wherever it is, and any season ticket holder will be able to get one if they make an effort (bother to keep an eye on the club website for the release date) to.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I think the sooner the Withdean stuff is consigned to the bin the better, anyway Withdean STH's will get priority for the semi

I would say very few of the current 23K or so STH's ever took the piss. These new and returning fans are a fantastic base to build even further on and all of us regardless of Withdean/Gillingham?goldstone history should value it

We played at Withdean for over ten years so to suggest this period and any association with it should be 'binned' is ignoring a vital part of our history. I agree with you though that the new base of fan is important, valuable and a necessity but I know of individuals who would have laughed at the suggestion of watching say Brighton v Rochdale a few years back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Havent the club already shown preference to those supporters. Time to move on as many of todays season ticket holders weren't about during those days. Should I get preference because being 70 years old I have been supporting BHA for longer than the vast majority of the supporters, no obviously I shouldn't, so the same applies to Withdean Gillingham etc

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We played at Withdean for over ten years so to suggest this period and any association with it should be 'binned' is ignoring a vital part of our history. I agree with you though that the new base of fan is important, valuable and a necessity but I know of individuals who would have laughed at the suggestion of watching say Brighton v Rochdale a few years back.

Not binned in the sense of the history ofc, it's one of the great periods in our reincarnation. I meant in the sense of any different treatment and/or bragging rights. Every club will have it's fairweather fans but I really do believe that we are building a strong base many of whom will stick regardless of where we are in the pecking order .. even if it means we line up against Rochdale again someday :)

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I know times have changed and our support has increased but we didnt sell out our allocation for the 83 final or the play off final against Notts Couty. I think that if it happens we will sell out this time but like 20,000 others am a STH so am not worried about getting a ticket.

If you dont get a ticket it will be live on sky:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::tantrum::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here