Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Final and the AMS

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
There has been talk of us taking 30,000+ to Wem.. er Cardiff if we get to the Play Off Final.

Will this be an AMS game? if so how many members are there currently? I believe that I heard that there were 10,000.

If it is AMS then that could bring in some extra (and welcome) tenners and fivers. If it is not considered AMS then surely that would make a mockery of the club steadfastly refusing to sell away tickets to any one not in the AMS.

Of course they could get round it by asking to be designated the home team - there isn't an HMS is there?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What worries me more is how they will distribute the tickets for the play offs if we get there.

Alot to do in 5 business days but no doubt a plan of action is in place just in case we don't come second.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think the best way is say supporters that have been to 75% of the games this season get first refusual, as they have been going all season and the play offs can make or break a season in just 3 games and would be unfair for people that went to tranmere, chesterfield, middlesbough etc.... to miss out

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
filthy said:
would be unfair for people that went to tranmere, chesterfield, middlesbough etc.... to miss out

each of these games was 'pay on the gate' so there is no record of who went.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I wish we could get 30,000, but realistically I doubt we'll get more than 20,000.

The awful fact of the matter is that since we've been at Withdean our fan base has shrunk because of the difficulties in getting tickets and the inability to pay on the day. Both factors have prevented youngsters becoming Albion fans and instead their allegiance is to one of the glamorous premiership teams.

Sad, but true.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Inkerman said:
each of these games was 'pay on the gate' so there is no record of who went.

Aah didn't think it through, but surley the club must know which fans have traveled to most away games this season, and i can prove i went to grimsby, still have the train ticket :)

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
i reckon if we get to the play off final we should let anyone (i.e. non AMS members) go. We need to get as many people to go as possible and people would be much more likely to go if they don't have to pay £10 before they have even started. I reckon some of my mates who never go and watch the albion play would be more likely to go if there was no need to join the AMS.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
very difficult subject as many massive albion fans want to go to certain games cannot always get there...the play off semis will be difficult situation especially if at Bournemouth where we only normally get 1,700 tickets. I think it will be season ticket holders with first dibs, but could also do three away ticket stubs as proof.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At the final itself the club would be stupid not to let anyone apply after all the other processes - season ticket, AMS.

Why turn away money and potential fan base for when Falmer is ready - a no brainer as they say in business.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
To be honest i'm more worried about getting tickets for the semi fianl away leg if we don't make second place

Donny Osmond

Jul 6, 2003
Same problem as last season.
Have traveled to every away this season but will probably not get a ticket for the away semi-final in the play-offs

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
goldstone said:
I wish we could get 30,000, but realistically I doubt we'll get more than 20,000.

The awful fact of the matter is that since we've been at Withdean our fan base has shrunk because of the difficulties in getting tickets and the inability to pay on the day.

IF/WHEN we get to Cardiff we'll take a massive support........personally know half a dozen people at least (family and friends) who have never been to Withdean but would definately be up for a day trip to Cardiff

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Let's just get into the playoffs first! I for one would not necessarily bank on us beating QPR/Bristol City or Swindon or Luton, based on the performances against them earlier this season.

The highest allocation we're likely to get as away fans in the semis is circa 3,000 (perhaps 3,500 at QPR?). Personally, I would then reward season ticket holders of more than 4 years standing - ie, season ticket holders at Priestfield - but then again as that includes me, I'm bound to say that!

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
balloonboy said:
Let's just get into the playoffs first!

If we don't discuss this until we get to the playoffs and then we don't get to the palyoffs we will not have had the fun of talking about it.

Remember when the AMS scheme started? There was a system of giving priority for away tickets first to AMS season ticket holders, then to AMS non-season ticket holders (in proportion to the numbers in each category), and then to late applicants.

This was all set out in the Club's Charter.

Well, I've just had a look, and the Charter has changed!

That arrangement now only applies to home cup matches.

This is what the Charter now says:-

Away Members Scheme

All supporters wishing to purchase tickets which are all ticket for Brighton Supporters must be members of the Away Membership Scheme.

Membership is open to season ticket holders (free) and non-season ticket holders (£10 once-only fee).

Away Matches

• Where it is likely that the requirement for tickets will outstrip the availability, away clubs or their local police force, may make the match “all-ticket” for Brighton and Hove Albion supporters only.

All supporters wishing to purchase tickets to away matches which are “all-ticket” for Brighton supporters must be members of the Away Membership Scheme (AMS). Away tickets are limited to one per member.

• Ticketing arrangements for all away matches are publicised on the Club’s website (www.seagulls.co.uk), in Club programmes and press releases.

Cup Competitions

• Tickets for home matches in Cup Competitions are priced according to the competition, the stage reached and the opposition. They are allocated as follows:

From the first day of sale – season ticket holders and litter patrollers

From the second day of sale – non season ticket AMS members

From the third day of sale – available to all supporters.

• Ticketing arrangements for all home cup matches are publicised on the Club’s website (www.seagulls.co.uk)

I guess we might see a lottery for the away leg of the play-offs (like Grimsby last season) and, possibly, the arrangements set out in the Charter for home cup matches for the home leg.

This could mean that some Season Ticket holders miss out on BOTH legs - if they don't get their applications in for the home leg ON THE FIRST DAY.

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Beach Hut said:
At the final itself the club would be stupid not to let anyone apply after all the other processes - season ticket, AMS.

Why turn away money and potential fan base for when Falmer is ready - a no brainer as they say in business.

agreed beach hut. we need to engage new fans and a big final turnout would be awesome, and a timely reminder to prescott why we need falmer. millwall's inability (for whatever reasons) to sell all their tickets at Old Trafford has been mentioned numerous times in the media - we cannot afford a similar situation.

furthermore, any plans to distribute semi-final tickets based on away matches attended this season are completely flawed as people may have paid on the day for a variety of games.

living as a student in bristol, currently without a s/t and having attended less games than i'd like, i'm obviously quite happy about this as i should have a decent chance of bagging a ticket to a semi away at city, swindon or bournemouth. BUT i don't feel i'm stealing tickets from anybody if i get one, as i've paid my dues for years and whenever i've had the money i've had a s/t and travelled away all over. it is only circumstances preventing me go this season.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
goldstone said:

The awful fact of the matter is that since we've been at Withdean our fan base has shrunk because of the difficulties in getting tickets and the inability to pay on the day. Both factors have prevented youngsters becoming Albion fans and instead their allegiance is to one of the glamorous premiership teams.

Sad, but true.

I think 25,000 will certainly be achievable. Southend's average home gate this season is 3,500 and they took 20k to Cardiff for the LDV. I really hope the club dont make it AMS. A group of my mates are up for the weekend but they like hundreds of others wont join up first before getting a ticket.
Regarding the away leg in the semi I dont really think there is a fair system. We've been through this before with the Reading game 2 years ago, the expectation of the Palace game etc...
The only way I can see the club sorting it is to priority to season tixket holders (which I am not) and then open up to all other ams. Tough shit if you've been to every away game and you didnt miss a game at Pissfield. I work most saturdays but still managed 14 away games last year-does that make me more of a fan than someone who cant afford to do that or less of someone who goes to every game? Neither! I applied for Grimsby last year resigned to the fact I never win anything and wouldnt get a ticket-I got one excellent.

Beach hut makes a very valid point about Falmer being just round the corner so we need to get as many to Cardiff as possible. However, if those that are not AMS go and cause trouble, and thats partly why the AMS was introduced in the first place, then would that put a rookie on Falmer????

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gary Nelson said:
I think 25,000 will certainly be achievable. Southend's average home gate this season is 3,500 and they took 20k to Cardiff for the LDV.

Hmmm. Only 34,000 at that game and it liked Blackpool took more than Southend.

Anyway I think we'll sell out our allocation of 36,000 or so. EVERYONE comes out for the big games, and we have a BIG floating support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here