Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off dates 'confirmed' - sort of...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Play-off dates confirmed

Well, I for one will now be cheering on Palace even if it means them finishing ahead of us. I can make matches on Fri/Mon and was delighted that appeared to be in the bag with 4th/5th guaranteed, but will not be able to make Thur or Sun.

The reason for the Forest situation is that police have put in a request not to play at home on the Friday due to 'other events' in the city, f**k knows what they are.

Far better to cheer on Leicester.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Whatever, hadn't looked at table this morning. I had just celebrated like we'd won the bloody thing on Saturday knowing I could go, and then Nottinghamshire Police get involved!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Play-off dates confirmed

For Forest to make 5th place, they must beat Leicester, Bolton must fail to beat Blackpool, and Palace must fail to win either of their two remaining games.

Not out of the question, but pretty unlikely.

This massively

Can't see Forest even making it let alone having all the above happen.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry, is there a TWO week gap between the semi's and the final?! That's madness!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
For Forest to make 5th place, they must beat Leicester, Bolton must fail to beat Blackpool, and Palace must fail to win either of their two remaining games.

Not out of the question, but pretty unlikely.

I'd say Palace must only take 1 point from their 2 games as their GD is 5 better - and Leicester haven't conceded more than 2 in a game all season. so even more unlikely.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sometimes you do feel that people just unthinkingly accept what the police say without actually questioning it. I think Nottingham Rugby Club got less than 1,500 for their last home game. And there is no trouble at rugby, and you don't need many coppers. Sounds pretty pathetic to me. Anyway, as others have said, unlikely scenario.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd say Palace must only take 1 point from their 2 games as their GD is 5 better - and Leicester haven't conceded more than 2 in a game all season. so even more unlikely.

No, that's wrong. Palace have only 68 points. If Forest win they'll have 70.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Basic summary, Come on Leicester, Bolton and dare I say Palace.

• IF Nottingham Forest finish 5th the play off dates will switch (something to do with the tin pot Rugby team playing against some under 9’s team in the Sir Michael of mouse cup)
• The Play off dates will be Thursday / Sunday NOT Friday / Monday
• IF Nottingham Forest finish 5th it means we will have finished 4th
• To finish 5th
• Forest need to beat Leicester
• Palace obtain only 1 point or Less versus Millwall and Peterborough
• Bolton fail to beat Blackpool
• OR Forest win by 4 more clear goals than Bolton to overturn a 3 goal deficit in goal difference (Bolton have higher goals scored) If Bolton win
• OR Forest draw, Palace get tanked on aggregate 6-0 in the last 2 games and Bolton lose.
• OR Palace draw twice, Bolton don’t beat Blackpool and Forest beat Leicester by 6 goals or more
• OR Someone sprinkles some magic pixie dust on the FL table.

So all in all unlikely but still possible.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Basic summary, Come on Leicester, Bolton and dare I say Palace.

• IF Nottingham Forest finish 5th the play off dates will switch (something to do with the tin pot Rugby team playing against some under 9’s team in the Sir Michael of mouse cup)
• The Play off dates will be Thursday / Sunday NOT Friday / Monday
• IF Nottingham Forest finish 5th it means we will have finished 4th
• To finish 5th
• Forest need to beat Leicester
• Palace obtain only 1 point or Less versus Millwall and Peterborough
• Bolton fail to beat Blackpool
• OR Forest win by 4 more clear goals than Bolton to overturn a 3 goal deficit in goal difference (Bolton have higher goals scored) If Bolton win
• OR Forest draw, Palace get tanked on aggregate 6-0 in the last 2 games and Bolton lose.
• OR Palace draw twice, Bolton don’t beat Blackpool and Forest beat Leicester by 6 goals or more
• OR Someone sprinkles some magic pixie dust on the FL table.

So all in all unlikely but still possible.

My head hurts !!!!!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Sometimes you do feel that people just unthinkingly accept what the police say without actually questioning it. I think Nottingham Rugby Club got less than 1,500 for their last home game. And there is no trouble at rugby, and you don't need many coppers. Sounds pretty pathetic to me. Anyway, as others have said, unlikely scenario.

This. All of it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry, is there a TWO week gap between the semi's and the final?! That's madness!

This! Why on earth don't they have the first legs on Saturday and Sunday (11/12) and the returns the following week all they need to do is avoid 4.00 KO's on the 19th when Prem finishes (not that there'll be anything of interest going on there)

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I heard the Police don't want Palace here unless its Sunday lunchtime. If they finish 4th that could be interesting. They could give uos a big advantage and let us play away first !¬!!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I heard the Police don't want Palace here unless its Sunday lunchtime. If they finish 4th that could be interesting. They could give uos a big advantage and let us play away first !¬!!

I suspect you heard that from an unreliable source, who may be quoting speculation from here. But it will not change now, We will play Fri/Mon unless Forest finish 5th in which case we will play Thurs/Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here