Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play Off Contenders' Run Ins - Who will get 6th place?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Reading have to drop 6 points and one of the others win all 6 games for them to be overtaken (ignoring goal difference). Can't see it happening. Even for Reading to lose 3 and one of the others win 5 out of 6 is unlikely .Even more unlikely for it to be us. I think it was just about decided on Saturday when Reading got their second goal and we spent 94 minutes passing the ball around in pretty triangles.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading have to drop 6 points and one of the others win all 6 games for them to be overtaken (ignoring goal difference). Can't see it happening. Even for Reading to lose 3 and one of the others win 5 out of 6 is unlikely .Even more unlikely for it to be us. I think it was just about decided on Saturday when Reading got their second goal and we spent 94 minutes passing the ball around in pretty triangles.

Yes, it'll be Reading.

The long shot for us requires both a win over Leicester, and Bounemouth to beat Reading.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We've made it incredibly hard for ourselves, but one of the joys of this division is that it's incredibly hard to predict. I didn't imagine that Forest would implode quite as badly as they have, nor did anyone expect Bournemouth to come up sharp on the outside as they have.

I doubt we will make them, but i didn't expect that at the start of the season - i said top 10 and i'll still take that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last night changes everything.

Albion to get 6th

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sound's crazy but I wouldn't count on QPR and Wigan being safe in the top 6...

QPR look safe - they only need 2 wins and a draw. Agree with you on Wigan though, they need 3 wins and a draw to be certain, but have Reading, Burnley and Blackburn still to play.

Talking of Blackburn, don't rule them out. Just 2 points behind us, their run-in list looks kind:

Sheff Wed V Blackburn
Blackburn V Yeovil
Birmingham V Blackburn
Charlton V Blackburn
Blackburn V Wigan

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Each set of matches seems to bring a different scenario. On Saturday, Reading's win at Charlton seemed pivotal, as they had opened up a five point gap to 7th place. With BHA going to Leics, Blackburn playing QPR and Ipswich travelling to Huddersfield, last night seemed set up for Reading and Wigan to rubber stamp their play off positions. Wigan at home to Millwall looked eminently winnable and Readings away form suggested they were capable of at least a draw at Bournemth.
Well its all change again, with Reading now looking over their shoulder and even Wigan ( who seemed nailed on ) only six points clear.
I'm sure it will all look different again come this weekend, especially with Wigan not playing at all and Reading entertaining Leicester on Monday.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wigan have got some difficult games and a cup semi to contend with. They could well wobble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here