Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This might be an incredibly stupid question, but are the tickets going to have each persons name/details on, given the short timescales involved?

Not unless the Albion are printing the tickets, no, and that would be very unusual.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I buy tickets for me and my mate how do I know which is which?

Good point. Upon delivery you will be in contravention of rule 8. When you hand it over you break rule 7. And if you get the two muddled and get into the ground you break rule 3. If I was you'd I'd come clean and admit all offences..they might then let your one year bans run concurrently as opposed to in series.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not unless the Albion are printing the tickets, no, and that would be very unusual.

As an aside printing of names on tickets is used in the world of live music from very small 1000 concernts to 170k events like Glastonbury. It's very simple technology so I wonder why football has not embraced this?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As an aside printing of names on tickets is used in the world of live music from very small 1000 concernts to 170k events like Glastonbury. It's very simple technology so I wonder why football has not embraced this?

It is - for home fans.

(Wouldn't be surprised to hear that home team has agreed to print away tickets for this)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is - for home fans.

(Wouldn't be surprised to hear that home team has agreed to print away tickets for this)

Fair point.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good point. Upon delivery you will be in contravention of rule 8. When you hand it over you break rule 7. And if you get the two muddled and get into the ground you break rule 3. If I was you'd I'd come clean and admit all offences..they might then let your one year bans run concurrently as opposed to in series.

[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] has beaten me to it. Albion fans with paper tickets have their names on them. This was handy for me as I forgot my smartcards for the Palace game, so I now have a nice named ticket as a souvenir of the 3-0 massacre.

For away games, the club typically recieve a big wad of pre-printed tickets from the host club and essentially just hand them out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] has beaten me to it. Albion fans with paper tickets have their names on them. This was handy for me as I forgot my smartcards for the Palace game, so I now have a nice named ticket as a souvenir of the 3-0 massacre.

For away games, the club typically recieve a big wad of pre-printed tickets from the host club and essentially just hand them out.

Fair point. It's been some time since I last had a paper home ticket. Wozza raises a good point about away games though. I should not be too difficult for the host team to send the away team the seat numbers, plug it into the ticket system, and let them print the tickets. The concept of sending a huge wad of tickets seems a bit dated. I dont quite know why but I seem to have an interest in modern ticketing; the fact I can board a plane just by showing someone a bar code on my phone is cool......or am I a bit sad?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just been to the Post Office to collect a parcel. Got ID'd!! #policestate

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just been to the Post Office to collect a parcel. Got ID'd!! #policestate

Surely that's either to stop theft, or the parcel was registered and required a signature. Slightly different to this.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Surely that's either to stop theft, or the parcel was registered and required a signature. Slightly different to this.

To stop people getting in who shouldn't - so, yes, only slightly different.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To stop people getting in who shouldn't - so, yes, only slightly different.

I take your point, and I can see the logic of it, but I think many people see this as a step towards games where zero away fans are allowed.

There's a lot more to the Met Police's 'strategy' for these games then ensuring people don't use other people tickets.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
OK, my take on all this.

It's pretty much been confirmed that The Met wanted no Brighton fans at Selhurst next Friday night (quite how they plan to Police a Wembley final is another matter)

So, with the threat of having no Albion fans there next week, the club had no choice but to agree to these conditions.To be fair to Sussex Police, I don't think they see them as necessary, but I guess cannot be seen to treat them/us differently and will therefore apply the same conditions for the second leg to Palace fans.

It's interesting that on the BBS, CPFC2010 claim that they knew nothing of these conditions, and are surprised that an announcement has been made, seeing as the game isn't even confirmed yet. I guess The Albion, with only a few days to sell tickets, they wanted to make an early announcement.

The wording of the statement on the Club's website, is IMO pretty badly worded, and far too aggressive.

If it has been a case of " only STHs can buy tickets with x amount of loyalty points, one each, and cannot be sold on etc" I don't think there would have been much fuss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports