Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Shocking.

Whoever is responsible for this should hold their heads in shame.

They'd be far more comfortable living in the old Soviet Union or even Nazi Germany.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I think we could've been scribes of our own portent here, both Brighton and Palace fans.

We haven't played each other for ages, so when we do tempers have beenfrayed (due to overheated banter on social media/chatrooms/boredom etc) which lead to a few incidents last season and continued nasty words.

If we played each other regularly, I should imagine that the hatred would be just as strong, but less latent with violence, because we are used to the wax of wane of playing each other.

This whole situation is as a result of clubs and police being scared of us playing each other on a friday night (where, obviously, everyone has been on the piss all day and not at work at all). If we had spent less time strutting up to each other like we needed to prove a rivalry, rather than just accepting one exists, then I wonder whether it would be less draconian.

Not agreeing with it, obvs.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
When trying to get into the Escape in 1989 to see De La Soul, my mother aided me in photocopying my birth certificate with a tippexed and written over DOB. When asked for ID, i unfolded and unfurled the fraudulent document in the direction of the huge bouncer and upon examination, he folded it back up and told me to bugger off. I was 14, but looked about 10, so it was an understandable rejection. £15 up the swanny. So, if you are looking to get some fake ID for this game, do not go to my mum for it.

i saw that - 'twas a good gig.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For some admin reason that was really nothing to do with me - just the way it came from the club - my season tickets both have my name on but are just numbered 1&2. So my girlfriend in theory couldn't use it for Palace away. It anybody for that matter. I suppose you'd just have to rely on common sense prevailing if checked.

"You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium."

Without getting into any discussion about the intentions behind this condition, I would like to raise the question of whether or not the Police actually have any powers to act as agents for a commercial organisation that wishes to enforce its conditions of sale. If so, what piece of legislation gives them these powers?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium."

Without getting into any discussion about the intentions behind this condition, I would like to raise the question of whether or not the Police actually have any powers to act as agents for a commercial organisation that wishes to enforce its conditions of sale. If so, what piece of legislation gives them these powers?

Valid question. I reckon they'll either appropriate some anti-terrorism legislation or some little used arcane Victorian law.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I think we could've been scribes of our own portent here, both Brighton and Palace fans.

We haven't played each other for ages, so when we do tempers have beenfrayed (due to overheated banter on social media/chatrooms/boredom etc) which lead to a few incidents last season and continued nasty words.

If we played each other regularly, I should imagine that the hatred would be just as strong, but less latent with violence, because we are used to the wax of wane of playing each other.

This whole situation is as a result of clubs and police being scared of us playing each other on a friday night (where, obviously, everyone has been on the piss all day and not at work at all). If we had spent less time strutting up to each other like we needed to prove a rivalry, rather than just accepting one exists, then I wonder whether it would be less draconian.

Not agreeing with it, obvs.

Completely wrong, the most recognisable images of the early rivalry come from 77 when we played 5 (five) times in one season and more regularly afterwards than lately

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry if this has been covered, but it doesn't specificy the type of ID, does it?

Will a credit card do? A household bill? I've been to gigs and football matches abroad which have required the same (in theory, at least - nobody actually gets asked).

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Sorry if this fixtures but do not have time to read back through 17 pages. I have finally got into the ticket website which confirms I have 1175 pts. So I believe I can buy a ticket from Monday. But because I am not a STH this season am I right in thinking if we get palace I am 'not allowed' to go!!??

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
This might be an incredibly stupid question, but are the tickets going to have each persons name/details on, given the short timescales involved? Short of the club hand writing the buyers name on every single ticket I can't see how this will be achieved, so what will having ID actually prove? I can't believe the police & stewards are all going to be carrying round a list of 2000 ticket details to check against? Am I missing something here?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This might be an incredibly stupid question, but are the tickets going to have each persons name/details on, given the short timescales involved? Short of the club hand writing the buyers name on every single ticket I can't see how this will be achieved, so what will having ID actually prove? I can't believe the police & stewards are all going to be carrying round a list of 2000 ticket details to check against? Am I missing something here?

I was wondering the exact same thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here