Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
In the UK we have never been legally bound to carry ID, except during WW2. I am no left winger, or active hooligan, but being a football fan is akin to being a terrorist in the eyes of the police. This kind of policy is morally reprehensible.

Time to find out my rights!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I'm guessing they've got over 2000 on their database who have that many points? Do you get more for being in 1901?

It seems like a large number of points though for fans who have got to make short notice plans/time off work etc to travel potentially to Bolton and back.

Thanks for the points explanation.

I'm out. :ffsparr:
1901 get first choice for away play off game and get it free for the home leg....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The more I think about it, is this even legally enforceable? Can local police forces effectively alter our rights in this manner?

Can pubs enforce seeing ID? If you don't carry ID, they can refuse to serve you.
Ground regulations state that tickets are not transferable although we all know that people do, if you're ill or away on holiday. This one time the clubs want to make sure that those who go, are who they say they are.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
1. Tell them you have a tattoo.
2.Tell them it's your 'Uman Rights.
3.Tell them you lost your documents.
4. Tell them you own a cat.

It works......

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ps What the Hell's the point of applying these completely OTT requirements on folk wanting to get in & see the game - when anybody looking to go up there to get involved in disorder will probably go up there on the day & get what they're looking for without a ticket anyway? Hopefully Posh will smash 'em on Satdi anyway & they can stick their ridiculous restrictions where the Sun don't shine. :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't see what the problem is.

So don't complain at all, and just accept what is being dictated and go with the flow, despite the fact that ID is not required to move freely elsewhere within the UK. Then you wake up one morning and the Police are marching in the streets with brown shirts and guns. Won't happen will it?

Maybe it will require another stand in Cable Street to ensure the current freedoms remain in place for all.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
8. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found in possession of a ticket issued to another person.

So anyone who books tickets for friends and family should, technically, get a one year ban?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really do think the police need to be brought down a peg or two and told exactly what their position is, what their role is and who they serve.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Can pubs enforce seeing ID? If you don't carry ID, they can refuse to serve you.
Ground regulations state that tickets are not transferable although we all know that people do, if you're ill or away on holiday. This one time the clubs want to make sure that those who go, are who they say they are.

It is this that seems dubious. "You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium."

So in a public place the Police can demand ID and examination of personal possessions despite no offence being committed, or suggestion of being committed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here