Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
THIS. It's the WORST away trip in the league by a country mile.
It's the best away trip by miles. I couldn't give a shit how bad the stadium is, I want to see us play the scum, I want to live the atmosphere there, I want to ruin their decade.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's the best away trip by miles. I couldn't give a shit how bad the stadium is, I want to see us play the scum, I want to live the atmosphere there, I want to ruin their decade.

I want us to ruin their CENTURY :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Nonsense. There are many democracies in which citizens (and others) are required to carry ID, and it is an offence not to.

In the UK we have never been legally bound to carry ID, except during WW2. I am no left winger, or active hooligan, but being a football fan is akin to being a terrorist in the eyes of the police. This kind of policy is morally reprehensible.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
We have been having serious problems with the Met, but more to the point, Inspector Dorans.
He has got it into his head that CPFC have a major hooligan problem, which is absolute BS.
His Saturday routine is to tour the pubs in the vicinity of Selhurst, shoving a camera in people's faces, then wait for a reaction to justify the total police overkill.
The storming of the Holmesdale fanatics coach last Saturday was typical of his approach to policing. We all know that flares are illegal in football stadiums, but the amount of police and the costs involved was ridiculous . As much as the HF are derided on here, they create an atmosphere and as far as I'm aware, don't go looking for aggro. Dorans constantly hounds them, with trumped up charges that get thrown out of court, and generally being an complete prick to Palace fans of all ages.
All the time this man controls the policing at CPFC, you will never get a good allocation and your every move will be monitored.

Interesting post. What a crap situation. As others have stated, the Met deal with other big rivalries without anything like this level of intrusion to civil liberty.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
In the UK we have never been legally bound to carry ID, except during WW2. I am no left winger, or active hooligan, but being a football fan is akin to being a terrorist in the eyes of the police. This kind of policy is morally reprehensible.

The more I think about it, is this even legally enforceable? Can local police forces effectively alter our rights in this manner?

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
1. You must be a season ticket holder to purchase a ticket and only one ticket will be available per season ticket holder.

Does this apply to both sets of fans? Taken literally,that will mean a half full(empty) Smellhurst.
We are getting around 2000 seats,& not knowing how many Nigel's are STH's,10 - 12000? That could mean a crowd of below 15000?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The more I think about it, is this even legally enforceable? Can local police forces effectively alter our rights in this manner?

I concur. The clubs theoretically can ban whoever they like, but could be challenged in a court of law. If a season ticket was withdrawn a good legal type would argue breach of contract. Our current judiciary would probably back the club/police as football fans are the lowest of the low. This is what the authorities rely on.

But if a seriously shit hot barrister took the case I cannot see how such policies could be upheld. Unfortunately the average footy fan will never afford a very high flying barrister.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Groovy gang membership card.

I was thinking along those lines myself, might be a very select few if at Selhurst

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We won't have this problem in the premiership.

My friend sees villa home and away.

Norwich away will cost you £45 for ONE ticket.

Yes £45!!!!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Info released on sale of tickets

Note the Palace conditions!

Play-Off Semi-Final: Away Leg

In the event of playing Crystal Palace in the semi-finals, the following conditions of sale have been agreed by the two clubs, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police:

1. You must be a season ticket holder to purchase a ticket and only one ticket will be available per season ticket holder.
2. Your details and seat number will be made available to Crystal Palace FC, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police.
3. The ticket may only be used by the purchaser.
4. All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.
5. You agree to hand over your ticket and identity document for examination by a police officer or steward at the stadium or en route to or from the stadium.
6. Failure to produce the ticket and an identity document for examination will result in refusal of entry to the match and any future matches this season.
7. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found to have handed over or sold a ticket to any other person.
8. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found in possession of a ticket issued to another person.

Sounds fair enough to me

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quick question, are the strict Palace rules likely to apply to the home leg as well? I felt a certain amount of ambiguity in the way that section was worded and if it was the same rules then this may effect individuals who have a shared season ticket.

Haven't seen an answer to that yet, and I have the same question.... is it the away leg only?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if you were in a public place maybe you could argue and win. However, you're on private property, and the management can remove you for whatever reason they wish.
Once in the ground you're on private property, but what about outside the ground? If you're local to the away club are you aloud to leave your house, or would you have future rights to watch matches removed, because you don't have a ticket?

If I go, and someone steals my ticket, will I then be excluded from the Amex for a year if that person then gets caught? What if my ticket is posted to me, but someone else gets hold of it, will I then be excluded from the Amex for a year?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I can and will on Saturday (although I'll be carrying it) enter the UK without ID yet they're insisting on it for a football game. Not quite sure I understand that.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've got my own season ticket, and the seat beside my is also in my name...its shared between a few different friends of mine as they can't all commit to coming every game. So with my name on the 2nd ticket, does that mean I can't bring anyone and will have to go on my own? Does anyone else have multiple ST's under one name?

how many points on each?

DanielT

I've got my own season ticket, and the seat beside my is also in my name...its shared between a few different friends of mine as they can't all commit to coming every game. So with my name on the 2nd ticket, does that mean I can't bring anyone and will have to go on my own? Does anyone else have multiple ST's under one name?

You cannot bring anyone using a ticket in your name:

Once in the ground you're on private property, but what about outside the ground? If you're local to the away club are you aloud to leave your house, or would you have future rights to watch matches removed, because you don't have a ticket?

If I go, and someone steals my ticket, will I then be excluded from the Amex for a year if that person then gets caught? What if my ticket is posted to me, but someone else gets hold of it, will I then be excluded from the Amex for a year?

If someone steals your ticket, then no comeback on you - except if they can prove you gave it to them. THEY get the ban. But then they are open to a charge of either receiving stolen goods, or theft:

7. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found to have handed over or sold a ticket to any other person.
8. There will be a one year exclusion for anyone who is found in possession of a ticket issued to another person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here