Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
However much this game is hyped up, it won't be as volatile as the 5v0 game purely because it had been so long since we played them and we got twice as many tickets.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
so having read through 12 pages of arguments, the bit hat made me laugh was point 2:

2. Your details and seat numbers will be made available to Crystal Palace FC, the Metropolitan Police and Sussex Police.

So, are they wanting to enforce everyone to sit in their actual seats.....good luck with that! ha ha!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think you'll find it was the other way round. CPFC2010 on BBS stated the away allocation at The Amex would be the same as the league game before this announcement was made.

i was not talking about allocation i was referring to the ID thingy which is something the clubs have asked for not the Police

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
pal.jpg.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sussex Police and Met Police make the decisions not Paul Barber :lol:

The police are our servants. They serve us, the public. They should not be telling us when and how we can attend football matches.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
....and be prevented from attending the match even though you have a ticket. Typical of the Met and their OTT approach to policing. It's a football match between two rival teams, there have been no serious problems in the last four matches, a bit of lairyness and the Stone Island wearing 40 somethings acting like kids, but nothing more

We have been having serious problems with the Met, but more to the point, Inspector Dorans.
He has got it into his head that CPFC have a major hooligan problem, which is absolute BS.
His Saturday routine is to tour the pubs in the vicinity of Selhurst, shoving a camera in people's faces, then wait for a reaction to justify the total police overkill.
The storming of the Holmesdale fanatics coach last Saturday was typical of his approach to policing. We all know that flares are illegal in football stadiums, but the amount of police and the costs involved was ridiculous . As much as the HF are derided on here, they create an atmosphere and as far as I'm aware, don't go looking for aggro. Dorans constantly hounds them, with trumped up charges that get thrown out of court, and generally being an complete prick to Palace fans of all ages.
All the time this man controls the policing at CPFC, you will never get a good allocation and your every move will be monitored.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i was not talking about allocation i was referring to the ID thingy which is something the clubs have asked for not the Police

Do you really think both clubs would have agreed stringent ID protocols if they made the decision on their own ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The police are our servants. They serve us, the public. They should not be telling us when and how we can attend football matches.

Blame Thatcher , she gave them the powers to do what they want in the first place.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
However much this game is hyped up, it won't be as volatile as the 5v0 game purely because it had been so long since we played them and we got twice as many tickets.

Can't agree with that. No way a league game, even one we'd waited 13 years for, is as big as a play-off game which is a step toward the top-flight. This is, for me, the biggest game between the two clubs so far. And yes, I'm aware we've played them in the top flight, but those too are league games - there'll be another one along in a minute. Play-off games are just not like that.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Wrong, CPFC and BHAFC have nothing to do with this. It's orders by the Police (probably more the Met than anything).

The clubs won't be the ones enforcing it and won't be asking for ID, it's all to do with the police.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wrong, CPFC and BHAFC have nothing to do with this. It's orders by the Police (probably more the Met than anything).

The clubs won't be the ones enforcing it and won't be asking for ID, it's all to do with the police.

Exactly

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's all scare mongering to try and prevent people going, there will be riots if they try and start IDing everyone - everything will turn out fine, you'll see......:wave:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

knock yourself out.

Darren Balkham (Suspolfootball) on Twitter

Mr Balkham is saying the ID idea is down to the clubs and was not a police stipulation.

i see you both have twitter so why not twit him ask him why he is lying and full of poop.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Players will get tickets for family and friends..... complimentarys.

What about all the Corporate tickets / Sponsors etc?

Taken out of the 2,000 allocation , they will have been given enough loyalty points to get first dibs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here