Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
It's an erosion of civil liberties, in a democracy we should not have rules involving the compulsory carrying of ID in this country.

Next time it will be a bubble, and the time after that a case will be made for making matches where no away fans are able to attend.

It is not compulsory. You can chose not to.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Whatever happened to that statement from our Chief Executive no less about treating people like responsible adults and they will act like responsible adults?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's an erosion of civil liberties, in a democracy we should not have rules involving the compulsory carrying of ID in this country.

Next time it will be a bubble, and the time after that a case will be made for making matches where no away fans are able to attend.

NO away fans = NO police overtime ?

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
This service is currently unavailable. Please try again at a later time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whatever happened to that statement from our Chief Executive no less about treating people like responsible adults and they will act like responsible adults?

Sussex Police and Met Police make the decisions not Paul Barber :lol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
so you're happy then ??? , WASN'T LIKE THIS BACK IN THE DAY ,really can't be arsed with this set up any more, DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD COME TO THIS:rant:
regards
DR

back in the day :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
...says the bloke who writes sensationalist bilge such as this:

Idiot.

Cheers Buzzer. Not quite sure what your seemingly recurring problem is with me, or why you feel moved to include insults in the debate, but I'll respond anyway.

For me, [MENTION=22536]standby[/MENTION]eme was taking things to the other end of the scale of extremes when saying what police could demand ID for (shopping, parking etc). The examples I gave, and you quoted, were possible alternative scenarios if some element of additional control isn't brought in for this game. And its hardly a GIANT leap to envisage it all kicking off, is it.

*awaits pithy remark and being called a knob or something*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As I will get a ticket, I will be taking a MOB with me and getting TOOLED up with a nice big FLASK and I think I may be able to SMUGGLE my FLARES in ( although these days I prefer straight Legs)

Don't you worry DR, we WILL stand our GROUND....or sit down if ASKED

:moo:

Jan 30, 2008
we deserved this and you can all thank the twats at selhurst who smashed up seats, destroyed the toilets, opened a gate and then decided to snap aerials and pull off car wing mirrors on the walk back to norwood junction.

The minority have ensured this is enforced so thank them
minority, you must have been at the wrong game :laugh:
regards
DR

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

....and be prevented from attending the match even though you have a ticket. Typical of the Met and their OTT approach to policing. It's a football match between two rival teams, there have been no serious problems in the last four matches, a bit of lairyness and the Stone Island wearing 40 somethings acting like kids, but nothing more

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

....and be prevented from attending the match even though you have a ticket. Typical of the Met and their OTT approach to policing. It's a football match between two rival teams, there have been no serious problems in the last four matches, a bit of lairyness and the Stone Island wearing 40 somethings acting like kids, but nothing more

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

but its not the Police who have asked for these conditions.It is the Albion and Palace.The police simply agreed to these conditions of sale they did not stipulate them.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Cheers Buzzer. Not quite sure what your seemingly recurring problem is with me, or why you feel moved to include insults in the debate, but I'll respond anyway.

For me, @standbyeme was taking things to the other end of the scale of extremes when saying what police could demand ID for (shopping, parking etc). The examples I gave, and you quoted, were possible alternative scenarios if some element of additional control isn't brought in for this game. And its hardly a GIANT leap to envisage it all kicking off, is it.

*awaits pithy remark and being called a knob or something*

Recurring problem? Ah yes....I criticised you a month or two back and then previously about 4 years ago. I think it's idiotic when you spout off about taking arguments to the extremes yet are suggesting in the same thread that if the police didn't take these steps then "theres a riot, scarfers getting twatted, crying kids everywhere..."

When was the last time this happened at Selhurst, then and why are the measures taken by the police for 2,600 away fans earlier this year now deemed insufficient for 2,000 of us?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
but its not the Police who have asked for these conditions.It is the Albion and Palace.The police simply agreed to these conditions of sale they did not stipulate them.

I think you'll find it was the other way round. CPFC2010 on BBS stated the away allocation at The Amex would be the same as the league game before this announcement was made.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's more the police have dictated this and the clubs have been told to follow along with it with their hands tied.

I can understand selling to STHs only but that's all I agree with. But then if we didn't damage every car in Norwood and further damage the stand, then we might not have this, shame some idiots cause trouble, but then they are the ones that should be punished, not the rest of us.

If someone can't make it the match in this case after getting a ticket, I sure hope they are allowed a full refund.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Slippery slope. What next? Having to travel on official coach and collect match tickets at a service station on the way? Happens to other clubs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Recurring problem? Ah yes....I criticised you a month or two back and then previously about 4 years ago. I think it's idiotic when you spout off about taking arguments to the extremes yet are suggesting in the same thread that if the police didn't take these steps then "theres a riot, scarfers getting twatted, crying kids everywhere..."

When was the last time this happened at Selhurst, then and why are the measures taken by the police for 2,600 away fans earlier this year now deemed insufficient for 2,000 of us?

The difference with this one is that the stakes have never been higher. I doubt there is a Palace v Albion game in history that has had as much riding on it as this one would. If it happens, it'll be hyped up like no other game before, and the atmosphere is bound to be volatile.

We could just assume everything would be fine, and maybe it would be. But for the relatively minor inconvenience of possibly having to show some ID so they know that the person WITH the ticket is the person ON the ticket, I don't think its much of a price to pay.

There was some idiotic behaviour at the last game at Selhurst, as expected. I can remember [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] 's thread where she stepped in to help a very frightened young lad when some of our morons were kicking off on the concourse. What some would view to be a very minor "off" can be pretty terrifiying for others, especially kids. So if these measures go some way to helping prevent the dickheads from kicking things off then so be it. I'd put up with it for a one-off game like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here