Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Logically therefore you are happy to be stopped by ever Police officer, security guard in a shop, traffic warden, etc to produce evidence of who you are before you are allowed into a shop, to park your car or any other current legal activity, on the basis that someone else in the vicinity has previously or may to-day cause an issue. This is nothing more than lazy Policing. If someone is arrested by the Police they are required to provide details of who they are, failure to do so will result in a charge of obstructing the Police. The Police can of course hold you for up to 72 hours, which if you remain silent they are likley to do. All the requriement to carry ID deos, is to ensure that they are able to quickly establish who you are. This could still be obtained via conventional means, and tied back to the club, and/or the season ticke tholder if they passed the ticket over. I assume that all Palace away tickets will be issued with the season ticket holders name and address otherwise where is the link.

It is not lefties, it is anybody who believes in a free society. Still welcome to 1984.

You see this is what always happens with this kind of thing. In order to prove a point, you expand the issue to extremes and treat it as though its exactly the same thing.

Would I expect to be asked for ID to go in a shop, park my car, stare at a tree, take a shit ? No, I would not.
And under NORMAL circumstances, I wouldn't expect to show ID to get into a football match either. But Palace away, in the Playoffs for the Premier League, is no ordinairy football match. Its a one-off, high profile MASSIVE match which will have an extremely volatile atmosphere and a high possibility of things kicking off. Therefore, its not overly surprising that extra measures are being implemented for this one.

I suppose you could say thin end of the wedge, we'll be doing it for ALL games from now on, the fuzz will have it in for us etc etc, but sorry I don't buy it. Call me complacent, but I recognise the special circumstances surrounding this game (IF it even happens), and can understand the additional provisions.

I say again, if the police did nothing whatsoever to control the tickets to this game, and it all went off BIG time, then as many people who are whining about their "human rights" being infringed now would be screaming blue murder that not enough was done to prevent a riot. Probably the same ones as well.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
This made me laugh from the BBS.

"If we meet in the final the Met and Sussex police have agreed that the two groups of 30,000 fans will be held in internment camps on either side of Gatwick airport.

They will then be route marched on to Wembley accompanied by the 2nd Battalion of the Parachute regiment armed with semi-automatic weapons.

A comfort break will be allowed for 15 minutes at Greggs in Tooting Broadway. A pasty and a Capri Sun will be provided at nominal cost."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You see this is what always happens with this kind of thing. In order to prove a point, you expand the issue to extremes and treat it as though its exactly the same thing.

Would I expect to be asked for ID to go in a shop, park my car, stare at a tree, take a shit ? No, I would not.
And under NORMAL circumstances, I wouldn't expect to show ID to get into a football match either. But Palace away, in the Playoffs for the Premier League, is no ordinairy football match. Its a one-off, high profile MASSIVE match which will have an extremely volatile atmosphere and a high possibility of things kicking off. Therefore, its not overly surprising that extra measures are being implemented for this one.

I suppose you could say thin end of the wedge, we'll be doing it for ALL games from now on, the fuzz will have it in for us etc etc, but sorry I don't buy it. Call me complacent, but I recognise the special circumstances surrounding this game (IF it even happens), and can understand the additional provisions.
I don't like it, but you do have a point.
I say again, if the police did nothing whatsoever to control the tickets to this game, and it all went off BIG time, then as many people who are whining about their "human rights" being infringed now would be screaming blue murder that not enough was done to prevent a riot. Probably the same ones as well.
:lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This made me laugh from the BBS.

"If we meet in the final the Met and Sussex police have agreed that the two groups of 30,000 fans will be held in internment camps on either side of Gatwick airport.

They will then be route marched on to Wembley accompanied by the 2nd Battalion of the Parachute regiment armed with semi-automatic weapons.

A comfort break will be allowed for 15 minutes at Greggs in Tooting Broadway. A pasty and a Capri Sun will be provided at nominal cost."
Yep, that is bloody hilarious. Where on earth are they going to get 30,000 fans from? :lol:

standbyme

Apr 16, 2011
easy10, I think the bigger picture is that this might ...might be a slippery slope and more restrictions will be implemented and the police have more say in how fans travel ruining the away day experience, this of course may be a one off and never used again but we have seen problems elsewhere too and its a worrying trend and I think its important not to under estimate where this could lead.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
dont know about wimbledon or the olympics as i have never been
but i have never in all the years of going regularly to test matches been required to carry id

If you read the t&c's it does state it. I agree with you I never been asked but the point I make is that the ticket is "Not transferable", and id maybe required. Any ticket obtained for you but used by someone else could be construed as touting.

Frankly does it matter? As long as those who are legitimately able to attend, attend what's the problem?

I could buy three tickets at the first loyalty total but as I would not take my children to Palace I will go on my own and will not be buying the other two, and so will not be "selling" them on thus allowing others with loyalty points to go, what a hero!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We deserved this and you can all thank the twats at Selhurst who smashed up seats, destroyed the toilets, opened a gate and then decided to snap aerials and pull off car wing mirrors on the walk back to Norwood Junction.

The minority have ensured this is enforced so thank them

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
easy10, I think the bigger picture is that this might ...might be a slippery slope and more restrictions will be implemented and the police have more say in how fans travel ruining the away day experience, this of course may be a one off and never used again but we have seen problems elsewhere too and its a worrying trend and I think its important not to under estimate where this could lead.

But equally important not to over-estimate it, surely. If anything, with the exception of some high profile derby matches (for good reason), the trend seems to be in the other direction. Policing at the Amex, for example, is normally extremely low profile, home and away fans allowed/encouraged to mix together, and to drink together in the concourses after the match. I see no evidence of a desire on the part of the OB to ramp things up, and there's no reason to think that this is the thin end of a wedge in that respect.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

...says the bloke who writes sensationalist bilge such as this:

but what else would you suggest ? Just have a general free-for-all on the tickets and let us all get on with it ? Then theres a riot, scarfers getting twatted, crying kids everywhere...

and this:

if the police did nothing whatsoever to control the tickets to this game, and it all went off BIG time, then as many people who are whining about their "human rights" being infringed now would be screaming blue murder that not enough was done to prevent a riot.

Idiot.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
You reap what you sow. :whistle:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's an erosion of civil liberties, in a democracy we should not have rules involving the compulsory carrying of ID in this country.

Next time it will be a bubble, and the time after that a case will be made for making matches where no away fans are able to attend.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If you read the t&c's it does state it. I agree with you I never been asked but the point I make is that the ticket is "Not transferable", and id maybe required. Any ticket obtained for you but used by someone else could be construed as touting.

i have to admit i have never read the t&c`s or if i have the Pimms has won everytime and wiped the info from my memory,seems a pointless exercise anyway,i usually get a group of tickets and have never been asked for the other peoples details so they would be clueless as to who the tickets go to.

back on topic though i see no problem with the club enforcing tickets go the people who actually bought them with the required loyalty points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here