Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I am puzzled as i thought the 1901ers of which there are over 2000 get firt dibs then sths and so on, therefore if 1260 or more get first shout,icant see many if any being left after they've got theirs, I've got1285 and I've only been to a handful of aways. Hope the club will organize a big beam back this time wih bigger screens than last time so majority of normal home crowd goes.

Or go to a pub?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
and stops good law-abiding citizens going just because we don't happen to have a season-ticket is also a good thing?

STH's are always at the head of the queue for away tickets anyway, due to the loyalty scheme. Nothings changed here in that respect.
When there's only a couple of thousand tickets up for grabs for such a maHOOsive game, non-STH's are always going to struggle.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
you can see on this thread alone people pointing out it would be pointless to protest...why? Just because someone would take your seat? Whats wrong with standing up for what you believe whether it results in change or not.

Because someone WILL take your seat, therefore simply the act of not going will 1000000% not result in any change whatsoever. The only person missing out is the person who chooses not to go.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
STH's are always at the head of the queue for away tickets anyway, due to the loyalty scheme. Nothings changed here in that respect.
When there's only a couple of thousand tickets up for grabs for such a maHOOsive game, non-STH's are always going to struggle.

I remember when the point of a season-ticket was to save some money by buying in bulk. Now its all about reserving a seat and getting to the front of the queue for away tickets. I'm delighted we have so many fans, but how can I countenance buying a season ticket for the 10 or so games a season that I can get to at the most? Doesn't make me any less of a fan then anyone else, any less passionate a supporter of the Albion. I have NO problem whatsoever taking my place in the queue behind STH's for these tickets, I HATE being told I'm not allowed to join the queue.

standbyme

Apr 16, 2011
You don't think those draconian restrictions infringe on peoples liberties?

Why am I even asking your just another sheep.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Some on here need to have a reality check.

Firstly the loyalty points are given for that reason, loyalty by individuals for their support. Those that complain that due to their circumstances they haven't enough points, sorry but tough. Those that have abused the system and used other peoples st's to book their tickets, tough. Those who have achieved the most are being given the chance to purchase because of their loyalty, end of.

In regard to the policing issues carrying a form of id is necessary to get large sums of money from the bank, to enter certain buildings, to prove your address, so why not to prove that the ticket in your hand has been purchased correctly? Thus entitling you to enter the ground. I for one would be really annoyed to know someone has got a ticket through someone else's loyalty, that has stopped a more deserving person from obtaining one.

Tickets for Wimbledon, Test matches, the Olympics require/d you to have id to prove your who you say you are.

standbyme

Apr 16, 2011
Because someone WILL take your seat, therefore simply the act of not going will 1000000% not result in any change whatsoever. The only person missing out is the person who chooses not to go.

You seemed to have cemented the point I made, I don't understand why people in the UK feel that the only point in protesting is if it changes something, whats wrong with voicing your opposition or stricking to your beliefs whether that has any impact or not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have NO problem whatsoever taking my place in the queue behind STH's for these tickets, I HATE being told I'm not allowed to join the queue.
That's how it should be, but I guess the point with this is that they know the tickets will sell out before they run out of STHs, so even if they said you could buy a ticket if there were any left, you still wouldn't get one.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Some on here need to have a reality check.

Firstly the loyalty points are given for that reason, loyalty by individuals for their support. Those that complain that due to their circumstances they haven't enough points, sorry but tough. Those that have abused the system and used other peoples st's to book their tickets, tough. Those who have achieved the most are being given the chance to purchase because of their loyalty, end of.

In regard to the policing issues carrying a form of id is necessary to get large sums of money from the bank, to enter certain buildings, to prove your address, so why not to prove that the ticket in your hand has been purchased correctly? Thus entitling you to enter the ground. I for one would be really annoyed to know someone has got a ticket through someone else's loyalty, that has stopped a more deserving person from obtaining one.

Tickets for Wimbledon, Test matches, the Olympics require/d you to have id to prove your who you say you are.

100% this. Those moaning about infringement of liberty etc, have probably never experienced a country or a situation where real liberties have been infringed. There's nothing unduly "draconian" about any of this really.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
From that blog:

"no amount of safety is worth having ones individual rights stripped away from them in such an appalling and disgusting way.

Jesus H Corbett, are we not getting a little bit PRECIOUS over this ? What individual rights are being "stripped away" by having (if asked) proof that you ARE the person on the ticket you have purchased ? You do EXACTLY the same at a frigging airport every time you get on a plane for christs sake, is THAT having your individual rights stripped away as well ? Its hardly the holocaust is it.

Its just an excuse for a load of lefties to clamber on the old soapbox and have a rage against the machine.
They're making provisions to minimise the number of BELLENDS in attendance. If that means the normals have a bit of MINOR inconvenience by producing some ID (again, IF ASKED) then so bloody what ?

Get over yerselves.

Logically therefore you are happy to be stopped by ever Police officer, security guard in a shop, traffic warden, etc to produce evidence of who you are before you are allowed into a shop, to park your car or any other current legal activity, on the basis that someone else in the vicinity has previously or may to-day cause an issue. This is nothing more than lazy Policing. If someone is arrested by the Police they are required to provide details of who they are, failure to do so will result in a charge of obstructing the Police. The Police can of course hold you for up to 72 hours, which if you remain silent they are likley to do. All the requriement to carry ID deos, is to ensure that they are able to quickly establish who you are. This could still be obtained via conventional means, and tied back to the club, and/or the season ticke tholder if they passed the ticket over. I assume that all Palace away tickets will be issued with the season ticket holders name and address otherwise where is the link.

It is not lefties, it is anybody who believes in a free society. Still welcome to 1984.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You seemed to have cemented the point I made, I don't understand why people in the UK feel that the only point in protesting is if it changes something, whats wrong with voicing your opposition or stricking to your beliefs whether that has any impact or not.

Because surely the point of protesting is that you disagree with something and you want it to change?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
1,160 points for me so fingers crossed for the second draft. If not I'll get a ticket from a Palace mate of mine and sit in the home end.

That's subject to us getting Palace of course.

standbyme

Apr 16, 2011
Because surely the point of protesting is that you disagree with something and you want it to change?

Of course but so what? The point I'm making is some fail to see the point of protesting unless it will definately change something, but unless you protest then how will things change, the apathetic oh whats the point nothing will change bugs the heck out of me and its spreading like a disease throughout this country.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

dont know about wimbledon or the olympics as i have never been
but i have never in all the years of going regularly to test matches been required to carry id

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is not lefties, it is anybody who believes in a free society. Still welcome to 1984.
I was only a teenager then, but we were all aware that everything we did was being watched. It was no picnic living under Thatcher's rule.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
So basically, If you can't go and you would like to sell your ticket to a fellow Albion supporter, you will get a year ban and so will they? Sorry but that's ****ing silly.

Ozzy

Prince Albert
Mar 17, 2008
Hangleton
I saw somebody on twitter say that if we get Palace we should turn up to Selhurst all wearing fake Tony Grealish-style beards and headbands to complicate the Met's ID system. Grealish.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here