Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have enough points but am genuinely considering giving this game a miss in protest at the conditions being imposed on us.

Although the 2,000 will sell out anyway so probably a point which will be lost on the club and police.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Firstly it may well be Bolton away (so ignore the palace-specific section). Secondly the first batch of tickets won't sell out with that level of loyalty points so it'll drop down in stages until it has sold out.

It's extremely draconian but i can see why they're doing this. However it must be FAIR and these measures must be imposed on a palace fans who want to attend our home leg.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have enough points but am genuinely considering giving this game a miss in protest at the conditions being imposed on us.

Although the 2,000 will sell out anyway so probably a point which will be lost on the club and police.

Your seat would be taken so it would be literally the most meaningless pointless protest of all time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

You'd be better off arranging a petition to explain to the club our feelings about the draconian measures. If they know our feelings, and we get to talk to the club about it through the fans forum (or whatever), we could try and get some assurance that this sort of thing won't happen again. Missing the match will hurt no one but yourself.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can you de-select Auto Cup now?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

49775d83-e4bd-49c5-9718-b5797ebdf9a1.jpg

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You'd be better off arranging a petition to explain to the club our feelings about the draconian measures. If they know our feelings, and we get to talk to the club about it through the fans forum (or whatever), we could try and get some assurance that this sort of thing won't happen again. Missing the match will hurt no one but yourself.

A petition sounds a good idea. Could share one with Palace fans.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
A one year ban for trying to see your club in possibly the most important game of your lifetime!

This can only have been dreamed up by someone with no love for or understanding of football fans. They should think about changing jobs. Shocking.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From that blog:

"no amount of safety is worth having ones individual rights stripped away from them in such an appalling and disgusting way.

Jesus H Corbett, are we not getting a little bit PRECIOUS over this ? What individual rights are being "stripped away" by having (if asked) proof that you ARE the person on the ticket you have purchased ? You do EXACTLY the same at a frigging airport every time you get on a plane for christs sake, is THAT having your individual rights stripped away as well ? Its hardly the holocaust is it.

Its just an excuse for a load of lefties to clamber on the old soapbox and have a rage against the machine.
They're making provisions to minimise the number of BELLENDS in attendance. If that means the normals have a bit of MINOR inconvenience by producing some ID (again, IF ASKED) then so bloody what ?

Get over yerselves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From that blog:

"no amount of safety is worth having ones individual rights stripped away from them in such an appalling and disgusting way.

Jesus H Corbett, are we not getting a little bit PRECIOUS over this ? What individual rights are being "stripped away" by having (if asked) proof that you ARE the person on the ticket you have purchased ? You do EXACTLY the same at a frigging airport every time you get on a plane for christs sake, is THAT having your individual rights stripped away as well ? Its hardly the holocaust is it.

Its just an excuse for a load of lefties to clamber on the old soapbox and have a rage against the machine.
They're making provisions to minimise the number of BELLENDS in attendance. If that means the normals have a bit of MINOR inconvenience by producing some ID (again, IF ASKED) then so bloody what ?

Get over yerselves.

Have to agree with this. Anything that stops thick violent tossers going to a game is a GOOD THING.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
From that blog:

Get over yerselves.

I'm pretty much in agreement with your main point here. I'm also a leftie, however, so I don't quite see the connection you're making here. Objection to identity cards etc is as much associated with right wing libertarian types as it is with lefties.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm terribly sorry. I must have missed all those riots with women and children getting caught up in violence when we played Palace at Selhurst in November. Clearly the policing there was woefully inadequate to cope with all the hooligans who ruined the day hence these measures along with reduced ticket allocation.

I'm relieved my awayday experience will be so much safer

standbyme

Apr 16, 2011
It would be great if we in the UK shared the mentality of our european neighbours when it comes to protesting. I would love to see brighton fans simply say no we arent going its a huge infringement and its not right, but you can see on this thread alone people pointing out it would be pointless to protest...why? Just because someone would take your seat? Whats wrong with standing up for what you believe whether it results in change or not.

Too many sheep follow football here, such a shame but as long as fans just piss and moan but ultimately accept then nothing will ever change.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A petition sounds a good idea. Could share one with Palace fans.
Sharing it with the Palace fans would be good. Fans united before the mass brawl. We're not the only derby in football, is this what they do for all other derbies? Presumably not.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
ID required to attend a football match?

That is absolutely disgusting. I'm ashamed of the club for agreeing to that.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If this is going to become a regular thing - STH only for away games - then they need to start some kind of proper away membership scheme. There are many of us who live away from Brighton, go to a lot of away games, and for whom a season ticket is not necessary for the few home games we can get to. If we're being excluded from away games because they're lumping us in with the hoolies, thats just not on.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I am puzzled as i thought the 1901ers of which there are over 2000 get firt dibs then sths and so on, therefore if 1260 or more get first shout,icant see many if any being left after they've got theirs, I've got1285 and I've only been to a handful of aways. Hope the club will organize a big beam back this time wih bigger screens than last time so majority of normal home crowd goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports