Play-off away game ticket info - includes VERY strict Palace rules

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
has taken the shine off wot should of been a great occasion . so wot will they do if we meet palace in the final then ?only allow 5,00 each with passports

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
Apologies if this has been asked / answered before, but what happens if Palace draw 0-0 on Saturday and Bolton win 3-1 ?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Approximately 2,000 could be amended, clearly.

With 1,260 points for first dins and these Draconian rules I really wish the club would state how many people are in each category.

I.e as I only have 1225 I can't buy one until Monday but I would like to know how many of our season ticket holders have the required 1260+ to purchase from Saturday - if they're are more than about 2,500 then anyone else has little hope.

A bit gutted and really hoping I can get one. Balls.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.

Anyone know what document is acceptable. Does it requrie photo-id, or just to confirm name/address. Only ask as I have a green driving licence not a photo-id one, and can just see the 'friendly chaps on the gate' saying that is not acceptable, therefore you can't come in, and oh by the way wou're now banned for ayear.

Would the Amex smartcard (season ticket) be acceptable, or is a passport required to actuaaly move freely within the UK. I thought that even Thatcher was unable to get identity cards passed into law.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

With 1,260 points for first dins and these Draconian rules I really wish the club would state how many people are in each category.

I.e as I only have 1225 I can't buy one until Monday but I would like to know how many of our season ticket holders have the required 1260+ to purchase from Saturday - if they're are more than about 2,500 then anyone else has little hope.

You are assuming that ST holders with the required points will snap them up - a large proportion don't go to away games, and those that do may not fancy Palace away.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Apologies if this has been asked / answered before, but what happens if Palace draw 0-0 on Saturday and Bolton win 3-1 ?

That is an excellent question! The leagues own rules call for a play off at a neutral venue!! But surely there will be no time. I think there will be a lot of fingers crossed at FL headquarters on Saturday

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We play Palace, as they won the head to head with Bolton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely pathetic capitulation by the clubs for a pathetic over-reaction by the Police. This is specifically designed with maximum hassle factor in mind to deter people from going - even those of us meeting the necessary requirements.

I have no doubt that in my lifetime there will come a time when away fans are banned from away games at derby matches.

Dorans, Hebberd, Balkham - you're a disgrace. Just another three nails in the coffin of English football.

Totally agree. As an aside I hate this lazy treat-all-supporters-as-potential-trouble-makers blanket approach to policing. My contract with society is to behave myself. I do this, so why do I have to succumb to this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why ? If it impedes some of the BELLENDS going up there with the express intention of behaving like complete twunts then I don't see an issue.

I always have my driving licence in my wallet anyway, so it won't make a blind bit of difference to me if plod asks me to produce some ID. Can't see how that can equate to "maximum hassle".

It's lazy policing and just cements the police attitude/culture that all football supporters are trouble makers.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That is an excellent question! The leagues own rules call for a play off at a neutral venue!! But surely there will be no time. I think there will be a lot of fingers crossed at FL headquarters on Saturday

No it doesn't. It goes to head-to-head results.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham

My figures here are pure guesswork but, if the club has done its sums correctly, the 1260 threshold should cover something like 1,900 fans, whereas a 1250 threshold would cover 2,600 fans.

This way the club is guaranteeing those with maximum points a chance to get a ticket.

If they set the threshold at 1250 and there were more than 2,000 qualifying fans then there’s a small chance that someone with say 1400 loyalty point wouldn’t get a ticket and the club probably think that would be fair.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All away fans must carry a separate document which confirms their identity.

Anyone know what document is acceptable.

Bit vague isnt it? A simple piece of paper which says 'I am Herr Tubthumper, signed Herr Tubthumper.' fits this requirement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports