Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic Paddy Day

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Amazing part of the world in terms of breathtaking physical scenery - my mothers' mob are Sheephaven Bay just along from there

I went to look up the relatives there some years ago, took two weeks off to go and came back three months later!
I was really tempted to stay and made to feel so welcome.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
Quite happy as despite being English through and through I managed to enjoy a discounted deal for a guiness and Irish stew.... 2 things I rather like despite my heritage. As for a St George's day... if it could be enjoyed celebrating 'Englishness' in the same light-hearted way 'Irishness' was celebrated I'd be hugely in favour. Sadly I think there is zero chance that of that happening.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
When is St. Paddys day exactly - it's so insignificant I couldn't care a toss for all those petrol bombing twats. and whenever it might be.
As for Guinness, it's overrated, expensive and just makes you shit the next day and lose any appetite you might have,
Oh, and Irish women are simply rough and ugly, hairy legged, smell of burnt peat and put you off anything you might have liked.
As for the celebration for St Patricks Day, it's for simple minded sychophantic tw*ts.who don't know any better.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
When is St. Paddys day exactly - it's so insignificant I couldn't care a toss for all those petrol bombing twats.

I'll assume you're joking sir. My Mother never threw a petrol bomb in her life. Well not that I know of.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
When is St. Paddys day exactly - it's so insignificant I couldn't care a toss for all those petrol bombing twats. and whenever it might be.
As for Guinness, it's overrated, expensive and just makes you shit the next day and lose any appetite you might have,
Oh, and Irish women are simply rough and ugly, hairy legged, smell of burnt peat and put you off anything you might have liked.
As for the celebration for St Patricks Day, it's for simple minded sychophantic tw*ts.who don't know any better.
Great post.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was looking at facebook last night and my wife's american cousins and uncles were all posting pictures of themselves doing shots and claiming they are having a whale of a time drinking "car bombs" which is Irish whisky, Irish cream and Guinness. Now apart from them being so far removed and loosely connected from their Irish heritage that it is cringe worthy to say the least. I pointed out that indeed it was in very poor taste to think it is cool to boast about it, when it celebrates terrorist acts and would they drink a drink named "Tower dropper" ..... I know it is ignorance and lack of an education on these subjects, however yanks piss me off sometimes with their love in of all things Irish. I have yet to have response from them, as they are probably sleeping off an almighty hangover..... I wait with baited breath

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was looking at facebook last night and my wife's american cousins and uncles were all posting pictures of themselves doing shots and claiming they are having a whale of a time drinking "car bombs" which is Irish whisky, Irish cream and Guinness. Now apart from them being so far removed and loosely connected from their Irish heritage that it is cringe worthy to say the least. I pointed out that indeed it was in very poor taste to think it is cool to boast about it, when it celebrates terrorist acts and would they drink a drink named "Tower dropper" ..... I know it is ignorance and lack of an education on these subjects, however yanks piss me off sometimes with their love in of all things Irish. I have yet to have response from them, as they are probably sleeping off an almighty hangover..... I wait with baited breath

Their are few more ignorant on this planet than "Irish-Americans".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here