Plastic Fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Legged Striker

Nov 29, 2009
Keep hearing it, now starting to believe it. Seem a big percentage have bought season tickets as it was the trendy and in thing to do this season.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Off course they are, but so what? How else are you going to fill Falmer with around 18,000 season ticket holders, when we never had more than 5,000 sth at Withdean? Who cares? The key is keeping them as fans for the next few years so it gets in their blood. Hell, lets get rid off Falmer and go back to Withdean with the hard core 5,000 "real" fans! f*** off plastics and JCLs, we don't want you!!

Bloody stupid comment! The "plastics" are actually the future of the club so leave them alone.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Keep hearing it, now starting to believe it. Seem a big percentage have bought season tickets as it was the trendy and in thing to do this season.

Trying to make an impact again but that's totally inappropriate to a football club. Lots of people love football. How do you think you get from 7,500 to 20,000? Trendy? Please. What a boring post.

D

Deleted member 18477

What a dickhead you are! you couldnt have said a more stupid thing.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
What is a plastic anyway? I know 3 people who you would term die-hard fans who followed Brighton through hell and high water. I know many who used to go to the Goldstone and now attend once more. I don't know anyone who decided to follow Brighton because it was trendy.

For my part I first went in 1982 and followed for several years until I decided to play rather than watch. Then came the family. At many stages I have fancied going along to watch and was told by the die-hards not to bother as it was all season ticket and match-day tickets were very hard to come by. That seems to be the big difference. When I first went you could rock up on match day and buy a ticket. Now you MUST purchase a season ticket. How many families can afford to spend £400 minimum (plus say £200 on travel and food) just like that? The town is lucky to have filled the stadium and all this crap about plastics isn't going to enhance the prospect of selling another 18,000 season tickets and this time at Championship prices!

On a similar note, many of the so-called plastics have probllby 30 or 40 years of BHAFC support under their belts whilst the people calling them plastics probably have less than 10?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Am I right in assuming no one ever left the goldstone ground early, many a game they left in droves but no one called them plastics.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

So what if they have, better than sitting in a half empty stadium with reduced atmoshpere. Is that what you want???? Didnt think so

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I am getting really pissed off with all these threads about plastic fans. Plastic fans surely wouldn't have given a shit as to the score last night, so why would they bother leaving early. Why would they sing some games and not others. Please can we stop rounding on each other and actually get about the task of supporting the team and not keeping an eye out for what someone else might or might not be doing?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have never spent £400 quid on something i'm not really bothered about.

I cant see how someone who has bought a ST is a 'plastic'

Every club has points where they gain/lose spectators.

Palace used to get 10k extra people in the prem than they do now. Is that also plastics?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There will be some plastics, but there's still plenty more that want to watch the Albion on the waiting list. Reckon the stadium size is still about right, we don't want 18,000 in a 30k stadium...

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I am getting really pissed off with all these threads about plastic fans. Plastic fans surely wouldn't have given a shit as to the score last night, so why would they bother leaving early. Why would they sing some games and not others. Please can we stop rounding on each other and actually get about the task of supporting the team and not keeping an eye out for what someone else might or might not be doing?

Totally agree, one minute we are celebrating getting 20K at the AMEX next minute we are attacking half of them and calling them plastics and jcl's. I am probably typical of the 'new breed' of STH. Went to as many games as I could home and away for 25years when we were still at the Goldstone but never had a season ticket, never went to The Priestfield, never had a season ticket at Withdean and made it to about 8 games a season. So, am I a plastic? If so I would like someone to explain why I have spent the last 40 years having elation and heartbreak in unequal measures in return for my love of this club.

There is a strange irony in the fact that those who believe that they are a higher echelon of supporter are coming on this board and blaming the fact that they stopped singing last night on the fans that they accuse of being lightweight.

I look around me in the WSU and I don't see anyone that looks like they don't care, and that's what really matters.

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
WhatAFuckin!Shambles! We're only Makin it worse for ourselves apparently... Cos when the PoxyTransport,Parking,Pints,Pie's&
Poyet'sPatheticPassingPlonkers, have deserted us (mugs) there employers long (1hour) B4 & against Palarse Pikeys... ¿ we decide we might as well FuckOff! (back to Plymouth)aswell ... TWAT'S! :p
We don't want your appologies BHAFC, i've always been given to understand that you have to really care to apologise, but as YOUR! employers, we do want you to, as my boss would say, Fuckin Get On With it & stop Fuckin Whingeing at the the poor sods who have, long before & after you've gone, relatively speaking, given far more time, money & passion to OUR! beloved BHAFC! than you can shake a hairy stick at... !

Ps. I'm really angry now!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Totally agree, one minute we are celebrating getting 20K at the AMEX next minute we are attacking half of them and calling them plastics and jcl's. I am probably typical of the 'new breed' of STH. Went to as many games as I could home and away for 25years when we were still at the Goldstone but never had a season ticket, never went to The Priestfield, never had a season ticket at Withdean and made it to about 8 games a season. So, am I a plastic? If so I would like someone to explain why I have spent the last 40 years having elation and heartbreak in unequal measures in return for my love of this club.

There is a strange irony in the fact that those who believe that they are a higher echelon of supporter are coming on this board and blaming the fact that they stopped singing last night on the fans that they accuse of being lightweight.

I look around me in the WSU and I don't see anyone that looks like they don't care, and that's what really matters.

Absolutely wonderful wonderful post. Sums up quite a few points on here. Now, can we please just welcome anyone that wants to spend £25 on a ticket and travel to the Amex into the fold. If they want to spend some cash supporting BHA then I say "welcome and come on in". As long as you are here for the right reasons, whether you want to sing or watch in silence I don't care - as long as you don't mind me singing (oh, and you can join in with the songs if you wish).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports