Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plantar Fasciitis - anybody had a dose of this, and how do you resolve it? Ta

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Spur heel......it's not nice. Struck me very suddenly last year & very painful, especially that first step in the morning. The advice given to me by a chiropodist was never to wear shoes without heels [i.e. 'flip flops' around the pool etc], always wear quality walking shoes with insole & heel supports. All the other advice given is very good if you can keep up the routine. I found following the advice of this site http://www.plantarfasciitisgone.com/ I, or it, eventually resolved itself after a year. Good luck.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Had this in spades 18 months ago and stopped my running in its tracks - it was hard enough getting out of bed in the morning. Cheapo orthotic inserts into shoes have done the trick along with a great stretch recommended by a physio. Stand facing up stairs (or similar) on balls of your feet and then slowly lower your heel beneath the level of the stair you're on. Feels a bit like a standard calf stretch but really gets to the long tendon under your foot as well. All now fixed and back in full working order ready for the next idiotic injury. Good luck.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I should also have added after ditching the flat sandals, flip flops etc. I started wearing cheaper forms of 'crocks'. The chiropodist pointed out [here in Spain] all the medical & aux. staff in hospitals wear them as the shock absorbency for the heel is so good.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Had this in spades 18 months ago and stopped my running in its tracks - it was hard enough getting out of bed in the morning. Cheapo orthotic inserts into shoes have done the trick along with a great stretch recommended by a physio. Stand facing up stairs (or similar) on balls of your feet and then slowly lower your heel beneath the level of the stair you're on. Feels a bit like a standard calf stretch but really gets to the long tendon under your foot as well. All now fixed and back in full working order ready for the next idiotic injury. Good luck.

thanks - I'll give that a try tonight.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I suffered from this back in the summer of 2011 and put it down to the amount of walking I did. In November of the same year the doctor offered me tgev hydrocortisone injection which I readily took as I was in so much pain first thing in the morning and struggled to walk any distance. I can honestly say I have never felt so much pain as the needle was forced through my heel.
The upshot is that I very rarely suffer from PF pain but my ankle since then has been weak and painful. Not sure if related but a few months ago I had an x-ray which didn't show anything conclusive and since then physiotherapy which hasn't improved things so now I'm waiting for an MRI scan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here