Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Plant Earth III

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
There's still weird creatures I don't remember ever seeing before, appearing in these programmes, like the Butterfly Snail and that Angel thingy. UHD is a bonus too. These series are always superb.

weetle

Jul 8, 2003
Utterly stunning. But also very sobering seeing so much habitat at risk - heartbreaking for the flamingos & turtles

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Spectacular in UHD, and quite worrying too.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fan-bloody-tastic!
Yep, remarkable. Whole family just loved that.

The Archer fish were incredible, how clever!

and the bit at the end about Raine Island made us all feel sad of what humans are doing to cause the destruction of this incredible planet.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As much as I love a good Attenborough documentary, they don't seem to be that different from previous ones recently.
BBC Earth with Chris Packham however I found incredible with a whole new angle on nature and our world 🌎

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Yep, remarkable. Whole family just loved that.

The Archer fish were incredible, how clever!

and the bit at the end about Raine Island made us all feel sad of what humans are doing to cause the destruction of this incredible planet.
When in Cape Verde we did a night turtle safari, where we were taken to remote beaches to watch the female turtles crawl up the beach to lay their eggs, Got to hold freshly laid eggs before they were placed into secure nursery's by the conservation teams out there (the locals used to collect and eat the eggs but now understand how valuable they are from a tourist perspective). The eggs are moved from where they were laid to where they could monitored (for temperature as mentioned in the program) and to protect them from the birds and crabs that would destroy the nests and eat the eggs before they could hatch. While we were there newly hatched turtles were coming out of the sand, and again we were allowed to gently hold the babies before they were placed in buckets and taken down the beach for release into the sea. I do despair that we may be getting to late to save some of these amazing places and species on our planet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1698007240165.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here