Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plans have been put forward to cut hospital services in two-thirds of England

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh for heaven's sake read properly! Of course it needs senior (and junior) managers. Just ten percent less (for starters). There are vast swathes of bureaucracy that could be managed without.
But you just give an arbitrary figure. What roles would you sacrufice? Or are you just saying managers are only working at 90%? What specific bureaucracy needs to go? I suspect a lot of bureaucracy is about record keeping, either for quantifying targets or to provide a paper trail for accountability. I appreciate that there probably are still some efficiency savings. The Tories had a top down reorganisation which probably just shifted jobs from PCTs to GP practices and or health trusts and saved no money.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let's be honest, the changes are just a step along the way to the dismantling of the NHS which is probably want the Tories want all along but they have to do it carefully as it is a sacred cow, and rightly so.

based on what? why should plans to change how serivices are delivered mean lead to conclusion the NHS is being dismantled?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
based on what? why should plans to change how serivices are delivered mean lead to conclusion the NHS is being dismantled?

As I understand it the plans are to take people out of hospitals to put them in their homes and rely on care there. Where are the services to do this. Home visits from carers in too many areas are limited to only 15 minutes. Local authorities are already under pressure and in some cases are putting up council tax just to try and maintain existing standards. Are the Government going to increase funding to local authorities to accommodate the change?

The fact is we spend less as % of GDP than most of the EU countries. They can spend it then why can't we?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38982643

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/blog/2...nding-compare-health-spending-internationally

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_total_health_expenditure_per_capita

https://www.homecare.co.uk/news/art...ts-are-still-the-norm-for-34-English-councils

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
in its current form not long
the population has increased by millions upon millions more than its original design and we are living longer.

There is a chance it can be sorted out and made fit for purpose but for that to happen it must be taken out of the political arena and stopped from being a political football.
What happened to the many billions that the migrants would contribute via tax as that should be put into the services that we both require.
You do have to question where our money goes and we're apparently in a boom time yet it's cuts after cuts....shocking

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As I understand it the plans are to take people out of hospitals to put them in their homes and rely on care there. Where are the services to do this.

where they arent present they will need to be provided, still under the NHS. the plans are put forward by regional NHS (written by NHS managers) to reorganise healthcare from expensive hospitals to alternatives, also targeting preventive care. i dont know why this gets interpreted as the end of the NHS.

The fact is we spend less as % of GDP than most of the EU countries. They can spend it then why can't we?

perhaps its because unlike those Europeans, we rely on a state funded healthcare and reject extensive use of private healthcare?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
where they arent present they will need to be provided, still under the NHS. the plans are put forward by regional NHS (written by NHS managers) to reorganise healthcare from expensive hospitals to alternatives, also targeting preventive care. i dont know why this gets interpreted as the end of the NHS.

perhaps its because unlike those Europeans, we rely on a state funded healthcare and reject extensive use of private healthcare?

So you have faith that these services that are currently struggling will be fully funded in the community. Good for you.

D

Deleted member 22389

Fortunately the Albion are playing away on Saturday 4th March so those that can't make the trip up to Forest can make the shorter journey to London instead

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2UR6Gurvs

No disrespect, but I just feel this will probably turn in to a march for The Labour Party instead, I would like to be proved wrong. Fair enough, everyone expects a better service, but how many people are prepared to pay a bit more to use it. The NHS needs to change, and so does the attitude on how we fund it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here