Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planning Permission

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Just been to see Mark Thomas live tonight and he started the evening by saying that you dont need to be the legal owner of a property to apply for planning permission.

Could this be a weapon to be used against LDC. Perhaps we could put in for planning permission for a football ground in somebody's back garden, or to turn thir house into a brothel.

Padders said:
Just been to see Mark Thomas live tonight and he started the evening by saying that you dont need to be the legal owner of a property to apply for planning permission.
Indeed you don't.

The Albion don't own a square inch of land anywhere in Brighton.

Padders said:
Could this be a weapon to be used against LDC. Perhaps we could put in for planning permission for a football ground in somebody's back garden, or to turn thir house into a brothel.
Submit an application. But remember to enclose the fee of £265 for any proposal that involves a change of use of land or buildings.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brighton Council owns 11,000 acres of farmland. Maybe they could let seven acres go without making one iota difference to the national farming production.

Last edited:

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
If hypothetically I was to submit a planning application who's property would have the highest profile

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My boss has spent £30k fighting a planning application lodged by his neighbour to build a house partly on his land....the planning system (as we know) is ludicrous.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Perhaps we could apply for the LDC chambers to be used for democracy. Obviously that would involve a change of use. Do you reckon there's any hope of success?

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Not entirely sure what the point of this is? It would generate some publicity and certainly annoy the person who's land it was but if you don't own the land or have agreement to build on it you can't use the planning permission.

???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Jim in the West said:
My boss has spent £30k fighting a planning application lodged by his neighbour to build a house partly on his land....the planning system (as we know) is ludicrous.

Surely the neighbour can't build on land that he doesn't have the owners permission to build on?

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
bailey said:
Not entirely sure what the point of this is? It would generate some publicity and certainly annoy the person who's land it was but if you don't own the land or have agreement to build on it you can't use the planning permission.

???

This is exactly the point I would use to counter LDC arguement about saying all the land from Falmer to Sheepcote is in danger from developers ! surely this would only be a problem if the said developer had obtained planning permission ?
and this is most unlikely in Nat Park or ANOB land as they would have to prove like us there is no alternative site and its in the National interest.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
BHA links said:
Surely the neighbour can't build on land that he doesn't have the owners permission to build on?

Correct - BUT friends of mine were harrassed by a property developer and neighbour to such an extent that it became far too stressful to stay living where they were -

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Re: Re: Planning Permission

Lord Bracknell said:
Submit an application. But remember to enclose the fee of £265 for any proposal that involves a change of use of land or buildings.

Well if NSC has £265 in its coffers I think it would be hilarious to apply for planning permission for a Pond, 3 Ducks and 5 Traffic cones in Norman Bakers (NIMB)Yard!

Think of the publicity for the Stadium & be the catalyst for Baker's political demise at the hands of the tabloids.

:lolol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Barnet Seagull said:
Correct - BUT friends of mine were harrassed by a property developer and neighbour to such an extent that it became far too stressful to stay living where they were -

Absolutely - that's the issue - they are trying to harrass the property owners, and hoping that eventually they will agree to sell them part of the land just to put a stop to the madness. It is absolutely crazy.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I have a craving for a McDonalds

In Melanie Cuttress's garden, including a Drive Thru:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
I have a craving for a McDonalds

In Melanie Cuttress's garden, including a Drive Thru:lolol:

Didn't a load of people object to her planning application for a kitchen extension?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here