Plan B..? Your thoughts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There is NO plan B...its Falmer or bust!!!

eeek

The bottom line is even if there is, was or will be a plan B the club can't possibly announce it as they've banged on for so fecking long that Falmer is the ONLY viable solution.

All tomorrow's phone in is going to do is get people ringing up saying stuff like "I said all along they should built it at [insert one of the many options here]". On second thoughts I think I'll stick with the golf tomorrow!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
...or there again you could phone in yourself and tell the good people of Sussex what you thingk of the Falmer situation, ie originally cost somewhere around £35 million and now best estimate seems to be £60 million, or you could tell everyone why you think why you have no confidence in this current board.

The offer is there Phil, especially as at one time you used to do as much in the printed form ( very well I might add!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Plan B is a reverse takeover by Lewes F.C. and the Dripping Pan is redeveloped. We get a new ground but end up playing in the conference which is where the Micky haters say we will be in 3 years time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
...or there again you could phone in yourself and tell the good people of Sussex what you thingk of the Falmer situation, ie originally cost somewhere around £35 million and now best estimate seems to be £60 million, or you could tell everyone why you think why you have no confidence in this current board.

The offer is there Phil, especially as at one time you used to do as much in the printed form ( very well I might add!)

You never know Dave, Crowborough are away tomorrow and the reserves don't have a game so I'm going to be a loose end all afternoon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance......

Redevelope Withdean to become an all seater 15000 stadium.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance......

Redevelope Withdean to become an all seater 15000 stadium.

Find somewhere else to put the running track and Withdean could be developed into a nice little stadium with proper stands with roofs.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
get your pet f***ing idiot hart to ask his own pointless questions and not hide behind a SCR identity.

keep cheap response provoking suggestions for stations like talk sport who have to manipulate reactions to generate premium rate revenues.the BBC is a public service broadcaster so ensure the phone in reflects not distorts or manipulates listener opinions

why are they asking us-

as if we know a-how much it costs to build a stadium and b-whether there will be any banks around in a couple of years to lend the money..

why not ask a man who might know......like MArtin Perry - i mena he has builta few stadiums in his time

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
why are they asking us-

as if we know a-how much it costs to build a stadium and b-whether there will be any banks around in a couple of years to lend the money..

why not ask a man who might know......like MArtin Perry - i mena he has builta few stadiums in his time

because there are no calls to hart's boring phone in then.that is why they are trying to artificially generate a few

Plan B would be to play football at the Beeding cement works, and then if anyone paid anything to watch it - pull down the dilapidated cement works buildings and put a nice football pitch in.

Plan C would be to play on the Went Pier stanchions, trying to keep the ball from falling in the water.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Plan B would be to play football at the Beeding cement works, and then if anyone paid anything to watch it - pull down the dilapidated cement works buildings and put a nice football pitch in.

nice try and bens grandad(or whatever he is called)was years asgo fronting a mob suggesting this and a massive shopping/ leisure complex to fund it.

pity about the asbestos,the shit road links and the cost of reinstating the railway

on a positive - lots of buses though,everytime i pass by there are loads parked there

BBC Southern Counties Radio will be looking to read out fans' pre-match and post match thoughts every week - where we plan to post a thread before and after each match.

Please answer the following for use before and after the match this weekend:-

"Martin Perry says there is no plan B but if Falmer falls victim to the credit crunch what would your plan B involve?"

DA
Sorry, Dean ...

This is just a very DUMB question and not for the first time.

I thought the point of the phone-in was expressed in Harty's slogan "The Fans Set The Agenda". SCR now seem to have decided that the agenda needs to be set by the programme's production team.

By all means get a debate going - but get Harty to do that, one a post-match point of view gets expressed by one of the callers. Harty is good at getting a response from a second or third caller. And when he does that, it ensures that the phone-in is a genuinely lively hour that is worth listening to.

Having you read out a few "carefully selected" snippets from NSC is simply sloppy laziness on your part. It's tedious to listen to and it elevates NSC to a status that I honestly don't think is appealing to the vast majority of the phone-in's listeners.

As I say ... sorry.

Sorry, Dean ...

This is just a very DUMB question and not for the first time.

I thought the point of the phone-in was expressed in Harty's slogan "The Fans Set The Agenda". SCR now seem to have decided that the agenda needs to be set by the programme's production team.

By all means get a debate going - but get Harty to do that, one a post-match point of view gets expressed by one of the callers. Harty is good at getting a response from a second or third caller. And when he does that, it ensures that the phone-in is a genuinely lively hour that is worth listening to.

Having you read out a few "carefully selected" snippets from NSC is simply sloppy laziness on your part. It's tedious to listen to and it elevates NSC to a status that I honestly don't think is appealing to the vast majority of the phone-in's listeners.

As I say ... sorry.

No need to TOADY brackers, just stick to him good.
Sometimes the media need to be thrown to the floor, vewy woughly.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Find somewhere else to put the running track and Withdean could be developed into a nice little stadium with proper stands with roofs.

Or move the football and it could revert to being a quality athletics stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports