Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PL Trying to improve atmosphere at games.

theboybilly

“When an away goal is scored, you want that atmosphere and interaction between the two sets of fans."

Blimey, I never thought in this modern, over-sanitised era I'd hear a PL or FA official say that, fair play. Are you listening Mr Barber? The PL don't want the football 'matchday experience' to rival the Cliff Richard concert experience. Think on that.
Then surely the Away Section should be positioned prominently for the cameras like at Molineux, not like it is at Goodison Park or Villa Park

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've always said we (Amex) give the away fans the best position. Most clubs shove us right over in the corner and, if it exsists, in an upper stand.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
another gimmick i'm afraid , TO MANY PLASTIC TYPES TO CREATE A GOOD ATMOSPHERE THESE days , IT'S ALL OVER,
going down the tennis lines these days, just a gentle applause will suffice
regards
DR
Should have been there at the Sheffield Weds lol second leg. Better atmosphere than the Goldstone or Wembley.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Think the interpretation there is that North and South are pitch end, and East and West are pitch side. There is some sort of logic in there.
True, it's ambiguous.

Maybe I read it wrong. I thought part of the just of it was part of the away following had to be alongside the pitch instead of behind the goal?

Apologies. I think 'pitch side' is ambiguous. Personally I think it means beside the pitch as the issue is in sticking away fans way up far from the action.

Jan 30, 2008
“When an away goal is scored, you want that atmosphere and interaction between the two sets of fans."

Blimey, I never thought in this modern, over-sanitised era I'd hear a PL or FA official say that, fair play. Are you listening Mr Barber? The PL don't want the football 'matchday experience' to rival the Cliff Richard concert experience. Think on that.
top post Sir :salute:
regards
DR

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Then surely the Away Section should be positioned prominently for the cameras like at Molineux, not like it is at Goodison Park or Villa Park
In fairness they're only talking about the interaction in the ground rather than how it looks on the TV. One step at a time.

In fairness they're only talking about the interaction in the ground rather than how it looks on the TV. One step at a time.

For interaction to take place then away fans need to be positioned closer to those home fans who wish to interact.

Bristol and Leicester are good examples I've witnessed first hand where this works well (maybe too well at Bristol!) whilst Wolves and ourselves are examples where it doesn't work at all. Both us and Wolves virtually isolate away fans when there is a small following.

Give away fans the ESL from the NE corner. Family stand SE corner and behind the goal.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Wont stop the tourists with there selfy sticks. if we get promoted i bet barber will have the program printed in japanese or some other higher golifics to sell more of them

regards
DR

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Wont stop the tourists with there selfy sticks. if we get promoted i bet barber will have the program printed in japanese or some other higher golifics to sell more of them

regards
DR

:lolol:

Sometimes I don't notice the spoof PPF posts. Not this time. There's no way he's heard of hieroglyphics.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
maybe ,ONLY bettered by the Doncaster opener :cool: as i've said before Barber would prefer a sit down shut up Amex experience :nono:
regards
DR

Would he? Where has he said that? Just curious why you think that? From the GOSBTS words to trying to get singing sections and ring of fire. Some of it cringey but they are trying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here