Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Invasions at Northampton and Doncaster

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1977?

I remember it well - I went on the pitch - as you say the home end emptied as Brighton fans went in after them.

blimey was it that long ago!!! I got as far as the centre circle as I had quaffed a few and felt a tad unwell .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
40 years ago - scary - we'd been boozing near the market before the game 1-1 draw.

...was that the pub that had the old man singing his heart out at the piano? We had a whip round to collect money to make him stop. we bought him a couple of drinks only if he stopped...which he did and true to his word he did. the landlady then told us he only had one song left to do anyway!!! there was a chippy on the way to the ground which must have had a hundred albion fans crammed into it...but the smell of newly fried chips was magnificent!!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
...was that the pub that had the old man singing his heart out at the piano? We had a whip round to collect money to make him stop. we bought him a couple of drinks only if he stopped...which he did and true to his word he did. the landlady then told us he only had one song left to do anyway!!! there was a chippy on the way to the ground which must have had a hundred albion fans crammed into it...but the smell of newly fried chips was magnificent!!

Can't recall that much detail - am unsure what I ate yesterday - but recall that there was a market directly outside the pub.

My overriding memory was seeing the crooked church spire on the way into town.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Genuine question: How much actual damage would 5,000 + fans running around on the pitch for 15 minutes do?

If we do gain promotion against Wigan, there is every chance there will be still be the Championship trophy to play for against Bristol City.

Don't get me wrong. I'm on the pitch with everyone else. I just want to know how guilty i should feel after.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh do bore off.

Club captain Bruno commented, "Regardless of the outcome of our final two matches, the players and staff want to say thank you to all of our supporters, young and old, wherever they sit in the stadium, by walking around the pitch after the match. If supporters are on the pitch, this will not be possible."

Manager Chris Hughton added, "I hope all our supporters will respect the wishes of the staff and players - and also our security staff, whose job it is to keep everyone in the stadium safe - by staying
off the pitch at all times, including the end of the game, regardless of how our season finishes."

Good enough for me, how about you? Or are you to entrenched in your 'bore off' opinions?

briref

Aug 12, 2008
The club want you to stay off the pitch, so stay off the #ucking pitch.
I hope everyone who fails to comply with a simple request gets a 3 year banning order.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Sheffield United partying at home with a 3-0 vs Bradford City.

Incidentally they're the only other League club that can reach 100 points. Lincoln in the National League can also do this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here