Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Issued to all teams this weekend:

BOZPzNHCMAEVgYh.jpg:large

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
They used the tyres the wrong way, not the wheels. Apologies but this is a bug bear of mine after 10+ years in the tyre industry, the wheels bolt to the car, the tyres fit onto the wheels!

I have the same issue, people going to get new wheels. No your getting new TYRES! :rant:

And I don't even work in the industry lol.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I actually feel for Pirelli as they have as instructed by the FIA delivered tyres that wear quicker. Unfortunately the spectacle of F1 has suffered as a result as the tyres have been more of a talking point than the drivers. Not good from a PR point of view but whatever happens would like to see a return to competitive racing rather than 50 laps of tyre management

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I actually feel for Pirelli as they have as instructed by the FIA delivered tyres that wear quicker. Unfortunately the spectacle of F1 has suffered as a result as the tyres have been more of a talking point than the drivers. Not good from a PR point of view but whatever happens would like to see a return to competitive racing rather than 50 laps of tyre management

turbos back next year,fuel management will replace tyre management

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I actually feel for Pirelli as they have as instructed by the FIA delivered tyres that wear quicker. Unfortunately the spectacle of F1 has suffered as a result as the tyres have been more of a talking point than the drivers.

i think its spectacle, the sight of flying debris, which has got them into particular trouble and that is their fault. tyres just should not disintegrate like that when they fail.

1.6 v6 turbo just sounds wrong

it will sound like bike racing i think, subjective if you like the sound :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here