Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pilsner aquell - best lager ever ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've been drinking Bitburger Premium Pils recently. I like it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Andechs Spezial is nice.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Also coming out of the Czech Republic is Budvar, (I have a penchant for the imported 500ml bottles). The Czech's know what they are doing when it comes to producing lager as they drink more per head than anywhere else on the planet. I am not a huge lager drinker but after having 8 pints in a little bar near the Prague Cathederal i danced across the bridge back to town, instead of lying in a pool of my own drool after 8 pints of generic lager.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Also coming out of the Czech Republic is Budvar, (I have a penchant for the imported 500ml bottles). The Czech's know what they are doing when it comes to producing lager as they drink more per head than anywhere else on the planet. I am not a huge lager drinker but after having 8 pints in a little bar near the Prague Cathederal i danced across the bridge back to town, instead of lying in a pool of my own drool after 8 pints of generic lager.

Quite right , I am not keen on UK lager as it is mass produced and made quickly hence so much gas , where Czech beer takes a while to produce and is done properly . Good value at between .60p and £1.10 per half litre too and quality . Starobrno and the proper original Budvar (not the American crap) , Gambrinus and Pivovar are also quality . Part the reason I moved here :)

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Correct, you can't a decent European lager, and thats coming from me, an ale drinker.

Having been to Croatia a couple times on holiday, you can beat one of these on a hot day A93C_croatia-beer.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Correct, you can't a decent European lager, and thats coming from me, an ale drinker.

Having been to Croatia a couple times on holiday, you can beat one of these on a hot day

Would that be Croatia in Europe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here