Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Pikes in Ibiza

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just bought a book about Tony Pikes and got me wondering if any of the cool and rich on NSC have stayed there.

I lived in and left Ibiza before he arrived but he was an Ibiza legend and a fascinating character.

Tony Pikes, the owner is the barman in the sombrero in this guilty pleasure of mine video. The Ibiza vibe oozes in it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just bought a book about Tony Pikes and got me wondering if any of the cool and rich on NSC have stayed there.

I lived in and left Ibiza before he arrived but he was an Ibiza legend and a fascinating character.

Tony Pikes, the owner is the barman in the sombrero in this guilty pleasure of mine video. The Ibiza vibe oozes in it.

You must have been early into Ibiza and very old now. He was starting out in 83/84 when I was there but I never met him :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You must have been early into Ibiza and very old now. He was starting out in 83/84 when I was there but I never met him :wink:
Went there straight from school and yes I am very old!

How many NSCers can lay claim to having been a resident DJ in Ibiza though? Sadly before the DJ became the star though :smile:

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I've been there, but not stayed at the hotel. It's ok ... people are friendly but it's full of 40+ oldies !!

I guess it's nice to capture some of the essence of the original Ibiza without selfies and camera phones. But there's plenty of that available in the younger places still if you know where to look.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It’s over 27s now, some good nights etc , and rare for anywhere in Ibiza with proper DJs to not be charging which is a big plus.

Downside is still get quite a few ‘tourists’ , hotel is incredibly expensive, and it’s changed hands again recently which has had a bit of an impact on some DJ bookings I think as they fell out with a lot of the existing crew

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've been there, but not stayed at the hotel. It's ok ... people are friendly but it's full of 40+ oldies !!

I guess it's nice to capture some of the essence of the original Ibiza without selfies and camera phones. But there's plenty of that available in the younger places still if you know where to look.
Food is as good as or probably better than London if you know where to go and the settings often knock London into a cocked hat :smile:

A top class meal in Ibiza or London, no competition imo, Ibiza every day. Theatres and Museums not so much :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Joe Spoons Irish Bar in San An, anyone? Now closed

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

Going to see wham tribute act good companions Peacehaven couple of weeks About as close as I can get 😂

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Going to see wham tribute act good companions Peacehaven couple of weeks About as close as I can get 😂
Please tell me you saw Shakey as well
IMG_2158.jpeg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Food is as good as or probably better than London if you know where to go and the settings often knock London into a cocked hat :smile:

A top class meal in Ibiza or London, no competition imo, Ibiza every day. Theatres and Museums not so much :lolol:
Nah top restos in London are better. Service knocks Ibiza out the park. I've done all the top in Ibiza.

Love Ibiza though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here