Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Piglet's Sausage Rolls

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is the “excuse for a menu” offered this year in 1901. If you want a pie, you have to have a meal of pie and mash instead of buying an individual pie in a bag at the bar. There are no pizzas, and if you want a sausage roll, you have to spend a tenner to have it with wedges and beans. And I’ve heard stories that if you order a pie as a meal, that it took forever to be brought to you (instead of getting a single pie instantly at the bar). On top if it all they didn’t show highlights after the game. Not impressed.

View attachment 164880
Yet some people still think we have it easy in 1901 :shrug:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
So what we have learnt today is people are not happy as they have introduced sausage rolls in different places but apprantly are smaller (pretty sure they are not) and don't have any pepper in them (some nonsense from some home chef) and 1901 don't have any pies. I think those in 1901 are alot more entitled to moan today, no notice from the club it was stopping and clearly them trying to get rid of supporters who have been with the club for years in view of grabbing money charging for a meal

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Sausage rolls used to contain black pepper. This season they are bland (and smaller as are the pies)
I do believe they use the same supplier as they have for years so maybe that's a supplier issue and not Piglets. They do season the top of every sausage roll but as i said everyone is hand made. The pies are not smaller you get the same filling as previous years. The reason they appear smaller is down to the lidder so you lose about 1mm of crust.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I had the vegan pie and mash, but wondered what ingredients were in the gravy..?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Moving onto pies, who's idea is those cardboard containers, bring back the paper bags it's impossible to eat a pie from those new things without getting in a mess

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Moving onto pies, who's idea is those cardboard containers, bring back the paper bags it's impossible to eat a pie from those new things without getting in a mess
So no I saw a few people with these and I wondered the same. They also looked thinner, less deep. Was that the case?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We managed to get a Moretti in the end after another 20 minutes queuing. But it’s literally one poor bloke on his own taking the money, pouring the pints and serving the food. I reckon for the sake of paying an extra person a pittance for the afternoon, they could triple the output of that bar.
The newly re-opened little kiosk in the middle of the concourse?

Yeah, I noticed it was just one bloke doing it all - so incredibly inefficient. At a bare minimum, there should be one person just pouring the beer, non-stop with the other taking the orders, processing payment and getting any food ordered.

It looked like the "Harveys Wall" was similarly under-staffed, meaning the queue went from the "window side" all the way back to the "stand side". Immediately next to it was a queue going in the opposite direction of people writing for the main concession stand.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So no I saw a few people with these and I wondered the same. They also looked thinner, less deep. Was that the case?
When pies split, which they usually do when eating, the insides just went into the paperbag but now they fall out the sides onto the fall and or clothes. It's hard to explain without actually doing it

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is the “excuse for a menu” offered this year in 1901. If you want a pie, you have to have a meal of pie and mash instead of buying an individual pie in a bag at the bar. There are no pizzas, and if you want a sausage roll, you have to spend a tenner to have it with wedges and beans. And I’ve heard stories that if you order a pie as a meal, that it took forever to be brought to you (instead of getting a single pie instantly at the bar). On top if it all they didn’t show highlights after the game. Not impressed.

View attachment 164880
Can confirm it was an absolute clusterfuck of an operation in 1901 today. Club should be ashamed. Took over an hour to get food, no one could understand why they’ve made changes without any notice. Loads of complaints, people asking for money back etc. Pathetic for food and drinks. They just can’t get it right. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. I was merely observing, not prepared to pay such rip off prices only to then be badly served. If you get served that is! Feel sorry for those that tried.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Were they nice? I ordered one, but when I got to my seat and opened the packet, realised I had a hot dog. Son was pleased so I didn’t bother to change it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Especially when that pie is a molten chicken balti pie whose crust collapses as soon as you take it out of the sleeve

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can confirm it was an absolute clusterfuck of an operation in 1901 today. Club should be ashamed. Took over an hour to get food, no one could understand why they’ve made changes without any notice. Loads of complaints, people asking for money back etc. Pathetic for food and drinks. They just can’t get it right. Hopeless. Absolutely hopeless. I was merely observing, not prepared to pay such rip off prices only to then be badly served. If you get served that is! Feel sorry for those that tried.
Heard by text exactly the same, and along with the comments about the new Tunnel Club seats it’s a good job we won! I gather quite a few 1901ers were less than happy about yet more downgrading of the experience. Chipping away year by year

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Wtf was going on wsu at half time . Seemed to not be serving any beer until the queue has reached the back ledge

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The newly re-opened little kiosk in the middle of the concourse?

Yeah, I noticed it was just one bloke doing it all - so incredibly inefficient. At a bare minimum, there should be one person just pouring the beer, non-stop with the other taking the orders, processing payment and getting any food ordered.

It looked like the "Harveys Wall" was similarly under-staffed, meaning the queue went from the "window side" all the way back to the "stand side". Immediately next to it was a queue going in the opposite direction of people writing for the main concession stand.
That’s the one.

Didn’t realise the Harvey’s wall thing is still open in WSU. Never see anyone serving but perhaps just don’t notice them among the scrum. We looked at it yesterday and thought it was just being used as a bar to put your pint on.

When I go on other concourses, it does feel like the WSU is the poor relation for some reason.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008

A vote here for the cardboard containers, the bags made the pies sweat and get soggy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here