Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piglets Pantry pies

It is all down to personal choice and I dont like PigletsPies as I for me they are too dry, not enough gravy. I also do not think that they represent VFM but obviously others do as they sell well, albeit there is no choice, it is either take it or leave it

Word.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
As an aside I don't like that the pre-match brief emails no longer informs us what the guest pie is. Vital information IMHO!

This is the only reason I ever opened those emails.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After good reports on here, when we next go to Worthing I am going to go on to Rustington to try Turners. As rgards Iceland I prefer the taste of Pukka Pies to Piglets, irrespective of what beef is used, just personal choice of course.

One ‘report’ ...against your ten posts about something which you have no desire to eat :moo:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It is all down to personal choice and I dont like PigletsPies as I for me they are too dry, not enough gravy. I also do not think that they represent VFM but obviously others do as they sell well, albeit there is no choice, it is either take it or leave it

It is quite obvious, too some.. why would you want a very soupy/gravy pie when at the football? Surely it will make a mess all over you. If you were having one of these pies at home, you could poor as much gravy over them as you wish.

And, definitely try the sausage roll, I have never tried anything near as good.

Youngest Potting spoke highly of the Veggie pie she had on Sunday. Unfortunately this time I had to pay for it as our scratch cards both drew blanks :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone going to ask Piglet's for one of these:-

[tweet]978287974856216577[/tweet]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nor enough gravy to make them moist enough but what has that to do with the price

TOO DRY !

TOO DRY !

Strange as that is one I think should have very little sauce but again it is my choice. Piglets must have it right for the majoprity who buy them and I am in the minlority

NOT DRY ENOUGH !

:moo:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tried a Turners Pie last week and must say it was very good and slightly cheaper than Piglets but it was not sold to a captive audience at a stadium. I am not sure which I prefer but it is between Turners and Bangers Baker St.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Having now tried pies at just about every PL & Championship ground I have to say none have come even close to our Piglets. For the first time ever I actually threw one away recently (may have been Stoke). Most are just gravy that drips everywhere with the odd bit of something in the middle.
Nowhere else comes even close to a Harveys & Chicken Pie, just a shame about the price.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anybody else recommend them before I buy one to try?

They’re fantastic. Would love to have one regularly but can’t get them in WSL........and can’t be arsed to queue to get into Dick’s where they usually seem to have them.

Edit....they are 100x better than Greggs. No comparison.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They’re fantastic. Would love to have one regularly but can’t get them in WSL........and can’t be arsed to queue to get into Dick’s where they usually seem to have them.

Edit....they are 100x better than Greggs. No comparison.

If I can get one in WSL I will buy one.at the Leicester game. If not I shall have to make do with my Egg Mayo sandwich from home,.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just to add to the chorus or appreciation for the sausage rolls: they are probably the best sausage roll I've ever had that isn't homemade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here