Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PIG why was he released?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Utter bullsh!t. Heard this a few times. A "pony" keeper that carried us into the playoffs two seasons in a row.

Let's not rewrite history

A quality keeper for his first 18 months with us followed by 6 months of being an inconsistent keeper who wasn't above belittling other players when realistically, he was at fault. As you said, let's not rewrite history. We got in the play-offs last season due to having a manager who played two defence minded midfielders ahead of a (largely) solid back four, along with Leonardo Ulloa and a solid slice of luck.

The first season? You could make an argument that PIG was one of the key reasons we finished 4th, but you could also make an argument that it was PIG and his occasional clangers that cost us Automatic Promotion. I'm not going to claim that because it would be very, very harsh but he was never flawless.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Don't get me wrong; I think Stockdale has been really poor for most of this season. However, I think that keeping a player that was causing disharmony in the squad would've been a disaster. I'm sure there's a reason that no-one else has taken him on as their first choice keeper.
Think stockers has won a few games recently so disagree with this bit but..

Poyet told me he was a disruptive in the dressing room player. And that was before the rumours of mrs Garcia

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here