Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies not in a box

Chris45

Jul 29, 2010
I had a pie today as described without the box, and yep it was an improvement nice and crispy and baking hot, best one I've had so far.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
So who exactly are the new "emergency" caterers?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Due to the cold weather yesterday, I deemed it appropriate to have two hot pies in a short period of time. One was served in a box, the other wasn't.

Thus, I am only 50% aggrieved. My life has only been half ruined.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My pie in WSL was in a box. All the pies in Dicks were in Boxes, and all the pies in the Profile Lounge were in boxes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
How was the pie served up - just on a napkin?

Piglets did tweet earlier this week there would be a change with the pie service as they were steaming in the box and losing their crispness. I suspect this is all related.
Odd. This was about the tenth pie I've had and it was the first that was hot and the first that was crispy. Had a bone in it though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
My mate had a pie in the North Stand after the game, looked like the xxxx had been cremated even the little tray was black.

Last edited by a moderator:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My mate had a pie in the North Stand after the game, looked like the xxxx had been cremated even the little tray was black.

That's because the little trays were black.

*edit* I has another one of those lovely lamb pies, without a box (on a little black tray) and i think it does help stop it going soggy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My pie in WSL was in a box. All the pies in Dicks were in Boxes, and all the pies in the Profile Lounge were in boxes.

That's because the new boxless pies were only being trialed in the North Stand. All pies elsewhere should have been in boxes.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There only seem to have been complaints about the condition of the pies since the downgrading from the original blue boxes. These were good quality, smart, with logo, appreciated by all and kept the pies close to optimum condition.
Someone took a decision to switch to a much cheaper, inferior quality packaging. This is an un-branded, off the shelf, bottom of the range product. In the ever increasing quest for more profit, they have compromised the quality of Piglet's Pantry Pies and are now desperately trying to rectify the situation.
If I was the owner of Piglet's Pantry I would be absolutely livid. They are still producing the same pies but the narrow-minded cost cutting going on at BHA is undermining the progress of the brand. Not satisfied with the comfortable margin on offer with the original presentation ( and don't believe that bullshit from Barber about making very little from the pies ) BHA are now trying to wring every last drop of profit out of the product.
They should have realised that what they had was a successful brand. They have stuck two fingers up to Piglet's Pantry by downgrading to this cheap, nasty and un-branded packaging and demonstrated that they have little or no loyalty to the brand.
It is ' penny wise, pound foolish ' strategy and will inevitably lead to the slow decline of the product.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There only seem to have been complaints about the condition of the pies since the downgrading from the original blue boxes. These were good quality, smart, with logo, appreciated by all and kept the pies close to optimum condition.
Someone took a decision to switch to a much cheaper, inferior quality packaging. This is an un-branded, off the shelf, bottom of the range product. In the ever increasing quest for more profit, they have compromised the quality of Piglet's Pantry Pies and are now desperately trying to rectify the situation.
If I was the owner of Piglet's Pantry I would be absolutely livid. They are still producing the same pies but the narrow-minded cost cutting going on at BHA is undermining the progress of the brand. Not satisfied with the comfortable margin on offer with the original presentation ( and don't believe that bullshit from Barber about making very little from the pies ) BHA are now trying to wring every last drop of profit out of the product.
They should have realised that what they had was a successful brand. They have stuck two fingers up to Piglet's Pantry by downgrading to this cheap, nasty and un-branded packaging and demonstrated that they have little or no loyalty to the brand.
It is ' penny wise, pound foolish ' strategy and will inevitably lead to the slow decline of the product.

I guess tree must be something true in this post somewhere.

I can't find it, but I'm sure someone might be able to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here