Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pies not in a box

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There only seem to have been complaints about the condition of the pies since the downgrading from the original blue boxes. These were good quality, smart, with logo, appreciated by all and kept the pies close to optimum condition.
Someone took a decision to switch to a much cheaper, inferior quality packaging. This is an un-branded, off the shelf, bottom of the range product. In the ever increasing quest for more profit, they have compromised the quality of Piglet's Pantry Pies and are now desperately trying to rectify the situation.
If I was the owner of Piglet's Pantry I would be absolutely livid. They are still producing the same pies but the narrow-minded cost cutting going on at BHA is undermining the progress of the brand. Not satisfied with the comfortable margin on offer with the original presentation ( and don't believe that bullshit from Barber about making very little from the pies ) BHA are now trying to wring every last drop of profit out of the product.
They should have realised that what they had was a successful brand. They have stuck two fingers up to Piglet's Pantry by downgrading to this cheap, nasty and un-branded packaging and demonstrated that they have little or no loyalty to the brand.
It is ' penny wise, pound foolish ' strategy and will inevitably lead to the slow decline of the product.

Those branded boxes were all well and good but you don't eat the box do you.

Do you?

Maybe you do.

Who knows.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
There only seem to have been complaints about the condition of the pies since the downgrading from the original blue boxes. These were good quality, smart, with logo, appreciated by all and kept the pies close to optimum condition.
Someone took a decision to switch to a much cheaper, inferior quality packaging. This is an un-branded, off the shelf, bottom of the range product. In the ever increasing quest for more profit, they have compromised the quality of Piglet's Pantry Pies and are now desperately trying to rectify the situation.
If I was the owner of Piglet's Pantry I would be absolutely livid. They are still producing the same pies but the narrow-minded cost cutting going on at BHA is undermining the progress of the brand. Not satisfied with the comfortable margin on offer with the original presentation ( and don't believe that bullshit from Barber about making very little from the pies ) BHA are now trying to wring every last drop of profit out of the product.
They should have realised that what they had was a successful brand. They have stuck two fingers up to Piglet's Pantry by downgrading to this cheap, nasty and un-branded packaging and demonstrated that they have little or no loyalty to the brand.
It is ' penny wise, pound foolish ' strategy and will inevitably lead to the slow decline of the product.

How does the fact a box without an Albion badge on it effect the pie? Although the box looked very good not really that important was it. Did you save all your boxes then? To say a generic box could effect the pie is stupidity in the extreme.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
We have loads of the boxes and BHA branded tea/coffee cups at our depot in Worthing. But the change of caterers meant a change in supplier. I guess they'll be thrown away in the end. We're using the cups in our staff canteen !

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Had a steak pie without a box just a napkin yesterday.......honestly the best pie I've had in awhile. Though the card board tray was annoying , wouldn't bend like a foil one just keep flipping back in to shape and my bottom lip !

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't want a crispy pie. I only like them when I get soft one otherwise they're too hard to chew.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Those branded boxes were all well and good but you don't eat the box do you.

Do you?

Maybe you do.

Who knows.

I had a boxless pie and just assumed they had ran out!
I never thought must about it until I read this thread but it was the hottest and crispiest pie I have had at the Amex....yum yum!!

If this is a cost saving thing I am worried it is the 'thin-edge of the wedge' and we will have glass-less Harveys next!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Due to the good comments coming in I am going to try another pie at the next game. I am sure that I heard somebody say they had steak and ale this week, which sounds good.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All the boxes achieve is steaming the pastry. The. Pastry also absorbs the taste of heated cardboard / ink.

Glad they are at least thinking of dumping them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here