Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piers Morgan.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Not everyone's cup of tea and like all of us flawed in some ways, but at times like these a superb broadcaster, who certainly won't duck an issue, however contentious or controversial.

I would have to watch him to find out, and I rarely have the stomach to do that, especially at breakfast.

I did catch a bit of him interviewing Trump about a year ago, and he moved on from their major area of disagreement (gun laws) far too quickly for me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Every year in the village next to Chailey, Piers organises a cricket match with test cricketers, celebrities and friends for free partly because he gets to play but really it means a entertaining free day out for villagers and it goes a long way to raising funds for the local sports club helping them with their facilities all year round. .
He also provides some healthy sponsorship for local sports teams.
What a *******.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Can be a prick.
Has done some unforgivable things in the press.

But sometimes certain situations calls for people who can generate a large audience, who gets straight to the point as bluntly as possible, with no pandering.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Published fake pictures of British soldiers urinating on POWs too.

Absolute cock of the highest order.

I'm with you on this. Cut him and he bleeds red top.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is a Grandstanding :wanker:

On his cheapskate breakfast show 30 odd hours after the Manchester attack, they had two former home office ministers in, one Labour and Tory. They both spoke informatively of the Cobra meetings in these crises, the role of security experts not politicians in deciding the level of warning, the difficulties in stopping murderous fifth columnists from 23,000 on the watch list and much more. No petty party politics.

But they were constantly interrupted by the hindsight cock Morgan, blaming the attack on a failure of the security services.

Talk about rude, bullying and non cerebral. Like his Fleet Street peer, McKenize, a gutter 'journalist'.

You want to see effective directness, watch Andrew Neil.

Last edited:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Every year in the village next to Chailey, Piers organises a cricket match with test cricketers, celebrities and friends for free partly because he gets to play but really it means a entertaining free day out for villagers and it goes a long way to raising funds for the local sports club helping them with their facilities all year round. .
He also provides some healthy sponsorship for local sports teams.
What a *******.

I find it hard to understand anyone who has ever attended one of the newick do's you are talking about, to come away with any impression of him that does not include "arrogant wan...r"

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Had his chance to set some sort of moral standards as editor of a national newspaper. In addition to the phone hacking and fake pictures. there was insider trading too. Asking politicians tough questions demands nothing of him.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
In the interests of unity, supporters and detractors of Piers Morgan can all probably enjoy this:

Fair play to Morgan for having the stones to face a full over from Brett Lee. I don't think many pro cricketers enjoyed it, let alone amateurs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the interests of unity, supporters and detractors of Piers Morgan can all probably enjoy this:

I can't stand Piers, but that seems pretty irresponsible from Lee.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He could have been seriously hurt with the bouncer coming in as early as ball 2. The one that hit him cracked/broke a bone.

There's a fine line between bravery and foolhardiness. I'm not sure he knows where that line is in that and other areas of life.

But credit to him for keeping his word on the publicity stunt where others wouldn't.

And I'm pretty sure Lee no-balled at least once in there too.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I find it hard to understand anyone who has ever attended one of the newick do's you are talking about, to come away with any impression of him that does not include "arrogant wan...r"

yes of course. i doubt he'd disagree with that description !. but he doesn't have to support his village and credit to him for doing so.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'll never be a Piers fan but by using a trusted Paxman method of interviewing, he put's Karen Bradley away with ease. The Tories won't be wheeling her out in this campaign again!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
See: " Viglen Share Scandal "

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm not sure exactly what you're alluding to but I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. And he certainly put Joey Barton in his place post Question Time. His bravado and delivery doesn't do him favours though.

The man switches opinion on most things regularly depending on who he's trying to curry favour with. The man changes his opinion like people change their underwear so just by dictate of odds yiubare bound to agree with some things he says sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here