Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

'This crap government'. Hardly had a chance has it? Like many european governments it has struggled in the crisis. I didn't vote for Labour (hardly anyone did) but if they were in power, I would do my utmost to support them as I am sure they would try to do their best for the country as the Tories are now.

You are a typical arrogant Tory dismissing over 10 million of your fellow citizens as" hardly anyone."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are a typical arrogant Tory dismissing over 10 million of your fellow citizens as" hardly anyone."
Haha, I am not a Tory. I am happy to vote for Labour if Starmer provides a good argument.

I could say your reaction is typical Labour. The hardly anyone was a dig at the OP as I think the time for arguing about who has done a good job in almost impossible conditions is not now.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Time in office is a little bit irrelevant......the pandemic is 'new'. Loads of mistakes were bound to have been made in all this - everyone is learning as they go along. Not sure what Stanley Johnson's behaviour has to do with the Government. The EU is in total turmoil in terms of dealing with the pandemic. You can easily interpret the stats to make us look better or worse than other countries in Europe...........

Morgan acts like a teenager on Facebook.....will do or say anything to get 'likes'.

A voice of reason!

Well said.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I would never vote conservative but apart from one thing I think the government have done as well as could be expected.
My only concern is how they have handled the whole testing procedure which has been awful.
I had CO19 (probably) but after a seven day lockdown was able to continue to work on a daily basis with positive and query patient without being tested on the frontline. I lose patients every week and I have to live with the fact that it may have been me who passed it on.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This is a classic case of someone's worst attributes being exactly what is needed at the time. Much like the Millwall fan who interrupted the terrorist attack because he's always spoiling for a fight with anyone up for it, but is a nuisance to society at all other times. Piers Morgan is a hyperbole driven chap who wants to give someone a hard time in an interview. Usually, it's ridiculous and bordering on being shameful. But when he's actually right about a subject, he's gold. He's more often than not going to be wrong, but he's right about this. He should be holding the government's feet to the fire and when this whole thing has blown over and the public enquiries start, there will be a lot of questions asked about how this has been handled.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
'This crap government'. Hardly had a chance has it? Like many european governments it has struggled in the crisis. I didn't vote for Labour (hardly anyone did) but if they were in power, I would do my utmost to support them as I am sure they would try to do their best for the country as the Tories are now.

I have no time for Corbyn, and normally agree with your posts, but 'hardly anyone'?

10,269,051 voted labour. :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
No one's dismissing anyone apart from the libdems just admit labour got a pasting at the ballot box and this forum is littered with labour and Green party activists /whingers :wink:
regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Vermin
fb2cd216a2bb9b433e5e985d76b7cbb9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Piers has always been an opportunist, hard to know what he represents

Whilst no fan of Johnson government and his team of sycophants Hancock is doing his best in the circumstances, he is the best of a bad bunch.

The reality is there are no quick fixes, the Tory government have run public services into the ground for a decade and also spent the last 4 years dealing with a domestic tantrum so very little has got done. We are now paying for the human price for this mismanagement

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The government should always be held to account by the press.
Regardless of the state of the nation or the party in office

It should be the primary agenda of every current affairs journalist.

I don't get the idea that for some reason the government should be given a free pass, during times when their actions have the most impact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Haha, I am not a Tory. I am happy to vote for Labour if Starmer provides a good argument.

I could say your reaction is typical Labour. The hardly anyone was a dig at the OP as I think the time for arguing about who has done a good job in almost impossible conditions is not now.

Well you certainly whooshed me.

Some rather polarised views on this thread. Morgan is a low-rent Paxman, but unlike Paxman is not a loyal party man, and is driven by well-honed populist instincts and ego. A sort of journalistic equivalent of George Galloway or Nigel Farrage.

All three can occasionally hit a nail on a head, but that doesn't make them any less reprehensible. As they say, even Hitler was kind to animals and children. :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Time in office is a little bit irrelevant......the pandemic is 'new'. Loads of mistakes were bound to have been made in all this - everyone is learning as they go along. Not sure what Stanley Johnson's behaviour has to do with the Government. The EU is in total turmoil in terms of dealing with the pandemic. You can easily interpret the stats to make us look better or worse than other countries in Europe...........

Morgan acts like a teenager on Facebook.....will do or say anything to get 'likes'.

I can’t disagree with your opinion on Morgan. Spot on.

Not so much on our government. ‘Everyone is learning as they go along’, you say.

The issue is, they DIDNT learn, from the (unavoidable) mistakes of others. And tens of thousands of our citizens will die because of it. That really is the bottom line, and no amount of free money, or clapping on the steps of member ten, will ever, ever make up for that, IMO.

They only followed the advice of the ‘experts’ that they chose to follow. The World Health Organisation, and a huge majority of actual experts (in the specific fields of virology and infectious diseases) advocated a very different path, but our ‘hero’ knew better, and choose to delay, delay and delay the clearly necessary lockdown, in the interests of duck knows what.

They had the benefit of seeing what Spain and Italy got wrong, but blew that advantage completely. The Italian people saw what was happening and BEGGED us to lock down to avoid their mistakes. But ‘Boris’ and his acolytes knew better and kept the pubs and the schools open for two weeks too long.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Personally I’m not sure behaving like a hysterical school girl at every turn of this situation constitutes good behaviour no matter how much tough questioning he delivers. Right now is not the time for public point scoring or finger pointing.

Let them get on with their job of dealing with this situation. For every example of left wing media government bashing - around PPE for example - there have been countless examples of Joe public saying my wife/husband/sister/cousin etc works at X hospital and they have what they need.

In any crisis there will inevitably be failures of both policy, response, preparedness and the supply chain but all in all I just can’t see his approach being very helpful in the long run.

And when the dust settles and he really goes after people I will think of him nothing other than a hypocritical idiot trying to erase the public memory of his leadership in one of the most heinous examples of press manipulation and injustice this country has ever seen. Despicable bell end as far as I’m concerned.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Soon as you mention the name Piers M ...my interest disappears ..he has zero credibility imho......and I’m no fan of MH ....flossing my teeth is more interesting than listening to those two

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Unfortunately, there are some people who never let go of their political views even in this crisis.

Personally, if I thought they were doing something wrong, I would criticise the government, whatever colour they were.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well you certainly whooshed me.

Some rather polarised views on this thread. Morgan is a low-rent Paxman, but unlike Paxman is not a loyal party man, and is driven by well-honed populist instincts and ego. A sort of journalistic equivalent of George Galloway or Nigel Farrage.

All three can occasionally hit a nail on a head, but that doesn't make them any less reprehensible. As they say, even Hitler was kind to animals and children. :shrug:

I reacted to the second very political thread I read this morning, it was knee jerk. However I very strongly feel that normal politics is out the window and just as in a time of war, scoring cheap political points seems to me to be disloyal to our people when this is the time after all the Brexit rubbish, we are largely coming together.

There are very polarised views about Hancock. I have read comments in which the poster has been incredibly impressed by him in the press conferences, and then almost the next post states how out of his depth he is and how useless he is etc. What gives?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe so. It was well publicised that he asked for the government to publish an exit strategy, which is obviously a reasonable request even if it is an open goal for the simpletons to chirp at him for not allowing them to get the current situation under control.

He asked them to tell the public. That is a stupid request.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here