Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Piers Morgan v Matt Hancock

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Even though he has regularly and repeatedly lied?
I'm not aware of him lying. I think he is doing a difficult job and my impression is that he is being as transparent as practicable.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

You're still trying to wind it up to suit your politics then?

This can not truly be assessed until it has run its full course come back in 12 to 18 month then it can be scrutinised to the full extent who has done well and who has not.

If you want to start finger-pointing try looking at where this came from.

https://youtu.be/0p2OPhKRnho?t=252

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm not aware of him lying.

On 18th March he claimed we would be doing 100,000 tests per day within four weeks. Last week when challenged why he had failed to deliver this he not only failed to explain why but denied he'd ever said it in the first place (despite the journalist having the press release he himself put out).

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
On 18th March he claimed we would be doing 100,000 tests per day within four weeks. Last week when challenged why he had failed to deliver this he not only failed to explain why but denied he'd ever said it in the first place (despite the journalist having the press release he himself put out).
Ok regularly and repeatedly.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
How would you rate his ‘NHS is well prepared statement’?

https://youtu.be/9mLxuflJXdM
My impression is that the NHS is doing well. I don't believe hospital admissions have across the board overwhelmed the service. They appear to have built up extra capacity well, that as I understand it hasn't yet been fully put through its paces. I believe PPE is stretched as are the resources, however I believe it seems to be holding up well. Through hard work, professionalism and dedication.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
My impression is that the NHS is doing well. I don't believe hospital admissions have across the board overwhelmed the service. They appear to have built up extra capacity well, that as I understand it hasn't yet been fully put through its paces. I believe PPE is stretched as are the resources, however I believe it seems to be holding up well. Through hard work, professionalism and dedication.

Is that you Mr Hancock?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ok regularly and repeatedly.

Sorry I don't maintain a spreadsheet of every lie told by every Government minister.

I get that you want to hitch your wagon to the Government during a crisis as a comfort blanket, absolutely I do. Just don't be surprised if it turns out you've backed the wrong horse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This can not truly be assessed until it has run its full course come back in 12 to 18 month then it can be scrutinised to the full extent who has done well and who has not.

You really are a massive hypocrite calling out others for following existing political lines over this. The government has been an absolute shambles in managing this for so many reasons, and here you are with your "but but it's ALL China's fault!". Jesus Christ.

Put bluntly, we know it came from China, it isn't a great leap of faith to imagine they lied over the scale of it. But given the situation as we knew it, this government was absolutely appalling for weeks. I feel sorry for people like Hancock who I would agree appears to be doing the job to the best of his ability, but Johnson has been dreadful. And where is he anyway? I got Covid myself, I know it takes a while to recover. But f**k me, he's been missing for weeks since leaving the ICU. He's meant to be running the country isn't he? I'd have thought even an hour or two of his time would have been possible last week. Is there a giant fridge at Chequers.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Sorry I don't maintain a spreadsheet of every lie told by every Government minister.

I get that you want to hitch your wagon to the Government during a crisis as a comfort blanket, absolutely I do. Just don't be surprised if it turns out you've backed the wrong horse.
I don't have a wagon, and I wouldn't have hitched it to this government were I to have one. I am just saying it how I see it. MH seems a decent enough bloke to me who is working hard at a difficult time.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I can't shake the theory that Covid-19 was meant to be used to suppress the Hong Kong riots, but the Chinese bungled the release from the Wuhan Virology lab, and it got out prior to the planned seeding.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As an aside regarding PPE, my daughter is working on the front of the frontline and has no issues with PPE shortages in her area in the hospital at the present time.

That's all well and good but that wouldn't explain why we are scraping around for PPE to the extent headline news last night was that we were awaiting a delivery from Turkey of all places!!! Several trusts had reported they were on the verge of running out over the weekend. Nor the fact that the government have seen fit to change the guidance on PPE including in some instances making some items supposedly reusable!! Now why would they do that if there was plenty of stock?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

not so much lied than over-promised. the example of tests, they achieved test capacity of over 25k (though not tests for unexplained reasons) last week, but the 100k by the end of the this month looks unlikely. it was to include antibody testing and seems thats not as simple as being made out a couple of weeks ago.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That's all well and good but that wouldn't explain why we are scraping around for PPE to the extent headline news last night was that we were awaiting a delivery from Turkey of all places!!!

if that's where the supplier is, that's where it will come from.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

God. Imagine sharing something from Fox News and wishing to be taken seriously :facepalm:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It was to include antibody testing and seems thats not as simple as being made out a couple of weeks ago.

In response to repeated questioning around the lack the simple Covid-19 positive testing, we’ve been hearing for a month or two by smug Politicians and Scientists that actually, the test to prioritise is the antibody one. This is the ‘game-changer’ and they’ve ordered 3.5million of the buggers to get ahead of the game, wow they’re smart!

Sadly, these tests are not ready, the WHO has now said that the science behind these test’s might be flawed and we’re nowhere near the 100,000 per day tests that the government reassured we’d have in 10 days.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
That's all well and good but that wouldn't explain why we are scraping around for PPE to the extent headline news last night was that we were awaiting a delivery from Turkey of all places!!! Several trusts had reported they were on the verge of running out over the weekend. Nor the fact that the government have seen fit to change the guidance on PPE including in some instances making some items supposedly reusable!! Now why would they do that if there was plenty of stock?

I only stated VERY CLEARLY, that the area my is daughter is working in , has good supplies of PPE at present.

You, clearly want an argument, and there are plenty on here you can do that with.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Morgan is a very high powered, strategically placed, privaliged man. Most of the people he gives a grilling to are his mates that he meets up with on the weekend! It's a very clever way of letting them get away with it. People go away thinking ahhh piers really gave them a good telling off but nothing changes

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here